• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof Jesus Wasn't God

SB Habakuk

I tell you when Christ is revealed- all of the Petty Godhead will be revealed to there Judgement
IF ALLAH IS GOD - there is ONe above him
He is called YHVH SABAOTH- (Dominion) for it is he who is set over the whole deficiency

SB Habakuk

Islam said:
:S believe what you want. Allah means God. Your saying someone is above God!

Ask it of your ownself-
Have you sought after truth- without the help of traditional or ssecular religionism- until A christian cast out the Bible and a Muslim cast out the Koran-Truth will not be known

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Islam said:
But the fact is that you worship someone who never claimed to be God.

Matthew 16:13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"

14They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
15"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"
16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ,[b] the Son of the living God." 17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.

SB Habakuk

Todd said:
Matthew 16:13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"

14They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
15"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"
16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ,[b] the Son of the living God." 17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.

thx for the text it is very relevant here-
So How did Mary Conceive of his Father (in Heaven)

Todd

Rajun Cajun
SB Habakuk said:
thx for the text it is very relevant here-
So How did Mary Conceive of his Father (in Heaven)

Jesus is just part of the trinity. 1 God in 3 beings. If God can do anything, then I'm sure he's capable of being omnipresent.

Matthew 1:20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Islam said:
These are miracles performed by Jesus Christ peace be upon him. Moses had miracles too. Does that make him God? Man prophets have miracles. These were Jesus's miracles. That doesnt prove he's God.
uh, not quite. Moses never performed any miracles. God did them. read the OT. God repeatedly told Moses to go and say such and such and God would do the miracle. nice try. Jesus Christ on the other hand performed all of the miracles by his own power.

I love Jesus Christ. I believe in him. Wh would I insult him, it makes no sence. It's like a Christian insulting Moses, makes no sence. Muslims believe in Jesus as the Christ and as Gods messenger. I didnt insult Jesus.

Of course you insulted Him. You are claiming that Jesus is not God. To God, that is an insult. You also deny the entire purpose of His coming to earth, which is to be our Savior. That is an insult just as if one were to say that mohommad was not a prophet but an illiterate murderer who married a 6 year old child. which of course I would never say but some people do and they can back up their claim just as well as you back up yours.

First of all his real name wasnt even jesus. His name was Eesa Al Maseeh. Jesus the Christ. Maseeh means Christ. And it doesnt mean God saves.
since Jesus Christ was Jewish, how about you admit he has a Jewish name, not an arabic one.

Islam

Jesus Christ on the other hand performed all of the miracles by his own power.
"I can of mine own self do NOTHING . . ." JOHN 5:30
Who said this? Jesus did.

You also deny the entire purpose of His coming to earth, which is to be our Savior.
He was our savior, by the message he brought. The same way all prophets are our saviors.

since Jesus Christ was Jewish, how about you admit he has a Jewish name, not an arabic one.
yeah he had a Jewish name. His name was Eesa, not Jesus.

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
2Cor 4v3: But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Cor 4v4: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Islam said:
"I can of mine own self do NOTHING . . ." JOHN 5:30
Who said this? Jesus did.

your argument is pathetic and by cutting off the quote you are only attempting to decieve people. why don't you post the entire quote? Christ is talking about obeying his father not saying that he has no power. why don't you at least try to be honest with your quotes?

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

He was our savior, by the message he brought. The same way all prophets are our saviors.
wrong. there is one savior. Jesus Christ.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
lunamoth said:
How easily would you believe a person who says : "I am God, worship me."

But, what if you observed their life and listened to their words and came to that conclusion yourself?

Exactly.

Christ had a specific purpose...not to flaunt His divinity but to SHOW US how to live for God and commune with God. Christ was the ultimate example of what who we are to be as God's children.

He was very much God and also very much flesh. God as SON...taught us how the type of relationship that we are to have with God, the FATHER. And because of the CROSS...we can now receive the Holy Spirit...the Spirit of Christ...God in Spirit.

Genesis

I've noticed quoting of hebrew texts, I find this hard to believe when hebrews do not see jesus as son of god so obviously there implying something else.

If I were religious I would probably take a more muslim view on this, where Abraham,jesus etc etc all made contact with god but the message went astray. Personally I would not trust my life in the will of other men, any of the seven deadly sins could easily cause them to alter gods original message and cause us all to believe in a lie. I believe that if there is god(s) we humans could neither comprehend their will nor their actions. Christianity is lucky to exist, there was one christian state in existance at one time. The persians were going to destroy it but there army caught a plague and passed it and continued to egypt. This helped christianity gain popularity they now had there first "miracle" I despies that they call this an act of god; throughout history things such as this happen all the time sometimes good sometimes bad.
A bit off topic sry...

In response to what comprehend has ealier been saying. Sorry but christianity has a much more violent history then Islam. Islam started as a peaceful religion despite what you said, merchants slowly converted and bothered no one forcing no one to convert. High ruling elites in the caste system saw Islam as a threat to their ancestral religions that dominated Saudia Arabia and much of the middle east at the time. They were persecuted and had there monastery's destroyed. They fought back in self defense, gained much support for surviving. True later on they conquered areas from India to the meditteranean but they didnt force their religion on anyone they even allowed them to continue practicing their faiths.

I'm new here, is there a limit to the lengths of our posts?