• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prisoner swap deal to free Shalit

Flankerl

I wonder if the Israeli "enemy combatant" was tortured with water boarding by Hamas the way the USA treats its interned "enemy combatants"? Is Hamas being more humanitarian than the USA, which has no plans to release the enemy combatants in Gitmo, or give them any kind of trial before they die in captivity?

The USA has only admitted to water boarding three prisoners. What about all those prisoners who died while being "interrogated"?

How about you leave your whole stuff about the USA out of this thread which has nothing to do with it?

sadiq

Spain, Morocco, Jerusalem
Actually i had a debriefing about Shalit's capture.
It's not really his fault.

The whole story is that they were supposed to doze off at about 2-4Am(It was long ago forgive my memory) out of their tanks, They had 2 Infantry squads who were supposed to keep them secure and were SUPPOSED to be in front of them closer to the possible route of an enemy attack.

not only those 2 Squads fell asleep as well they were located BEHIND the tank men, And that is why they were Captured/Murdered that easy.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
What is pitiful are the relevant portions of the post that you conveniently omitted.
So, if the hatred and vitriol was irrelevant shall we say that your bottom line, i.e., that ...
"If Shalit comes home alive, he should be facing a court martial for dereliction of duty."
... is irrelevant as well?

croak

Trickster
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/13/w...es-regional-politics.html?_r=1&ref=middleeast Looks like everyone but Abbas is benefiting, in one way or another.

That said, I am stunned that think that the cost of this poor boy's freedom is the release of a thousand supporters of terrorism. What a world we live in....
Every single one of the prisoners to be released is a supporter of terrorism?

Although, you could read it another way: one Israeli is worth a thousand Palestinians.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Every single one of the prisoners to be released is a supporter of terrorism? Although, you could read it another way: one Israeli is worth a thousand Palestinians.
Yes, And i'm all for equality.
I can't tell whether that is naivete or bigotry ... or both.
Ok, If it was up to me i would not free more then 1 Terrorist for 1 Soldier.
Naivete, Bigotry? How the hell is that even related?
If you believe that every prisoner to be released is necessarily a terrorist you are pitifully naive. If you believe that one Israeli is worth a thousand Palestinian you are a bigot. The conditions are not mutually exclusive.

sadiq

If you believe that every prisoner to be released is necessarily a terrorist you are pitifully naive. If you believe that one Israeli is worth a thousand Palestinian you are a bigot. The conditions are not mutually exclusive.

Who believes that, To whom are your posts directed?
You've quoted me yet your reply seems irrelevant.

Sahar

Congratulations to our people in Palestine and Gaza specifically. I am glad of the Egyptian role that stood by the side of Palestinians and hopefully it will become more supportive and stronger in the future.

sadiq

Congratulations to our people in Palestine and Gaza specifically. I am glad of the Egyptian role that stood by the side of Palestinians and hopefully it will become more supportive and stronger in the future.

Congratulations are in order of course, Those released in the first stage alone murdered 569 Israelis mainly Civilians.
I hope it feels good supporting the release of murderers and child-killers.

erelsgl

"Ye shall take no satisfaction for the life of a murderer, which is guilty of death: but he shall be surely put to death...

So ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: for blood it defileth the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.

Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit, wherein I dwell: for I the LORD dwell among the children of Israel." (Num. 35)

Here is a tiny example, one out of the many murderers that are going to be set free (God forbid):
Remove Ahlam Tamimi from the list of terrorists to be freed Petition

erelsgl

Some of the convicted murderers will be allowed to return to their homes in East Jerusalem.

This means they will be several hundreds or meters away from committing more murders.

I heard that some Jewish residents of Jerusalem are already arranging for a private defence force that will follow these murderers 24 hours a day, to prevent them from murdering again.

Don't know how this will end.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Some of the convicted murderers will be allowed to return to their homes in East Jerusalem.

This means they will be several hundreds or meters away from committing more murders.

I heard that some Jewish residents of Jerusalem are already arranging for a private defence force that will follow these murderers 24 hours a day, to prevent them from murdering again.

Don't know how this will end.

Perhaps with many of them ending up in Israeli prisons again eventually when returning to questionable activities.

Shermana

Heretic
Israel and Hamas agree a deal to free hundreds of Palestinian prisoners in return for the release of captive Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, snatched by militants five years ago.

BBC News - Middle East

This is insane. But at the very least, it forces them to acknowledge that hundreds of them are worth one Israeli, so it's not Jews who are the bigots here. I would have traded 10 max.

We should offer prisoner for land swaps. 1 Palestinian for 10 apartment blocks. In PA-controlled land.

Last edited: