• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praying

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You still don't get it. She had cancer before the surgery. During the surgery no cancer was found.
I can only know the parts of the story that you tell me.

You got a good, scientific explanation for that?
Incorrect diagnosis comes to mind.

You don't believe God healed her but you do think a parking space or a breakfast did?
I don't believe in gods, magic parking spaces, or magic healing breakfasts. But if we're going to lower our bar of critical thinking low enough to entertain invisible wish-granting gods, why wouldn't we also entertain similarly plausible options?

Bob the Unbeliever

I don't believe in gods, magic parking spaces, or magic healing breakfasts. But if we're going to lower our bar of critical thinking low enough to entertain invisible wish-granting gods, why wouldn't we also entertain similarly plausible options?

Never underestimate the Power Of Television. It's true, I saw it in a YouTube video-- and they never let anyone post false YouTube, right?

.... right?

I mean there was this TV show that admonished people to place their hands directly on the TV set, for Instant Healing! The speaker of the show promised! He said that if you would send only $29.95 a week that you would be healed!

So maybe that was what did the trick? Sending $29.95 and placing the hands on a TV set?

I wonder if the set needed to be turned on, or would an unplugged one work equally as well? And how does the sending of money figure into it all? Does the money get turned into Magical Healing Powers?

...... hmmmm.... Inquiring Minds Want To Know!

DavidFirth

But you do believe in magic inorganic material somehow getting together and "poof" "presto" organic material and a live organism!

You also believe that trillions of tons of atoms got together - that came from you know not who, what, when, why or how - and blew up and presto, we have a universe!

Stop making fun of God and think about the absurdity of what you do believe. :facepalm:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
But you do believe in magic inorganic material somehow getting together and "poof" "presto" organic material and a live organism!

You also believe that trillions of tons of atoms got together - that came from you know not who, what, when, why or how - and blew up and presto, we have a universe!
I don't think you have the first clue about what I believe.

Stop making fun of God and think about the absurdity of what you do believe. :facepalm:
I'm not making fun of God; I'm making fun of the logical failure of your reasoning.

DavidFirth

I don't think you have the first clue about what I believe.

I'm not making fun of God; I'm making fun of the logical failure of your reasoning.

Oh, so you do believe a deity of some kind created the universe and life? Good.

You make fun of it because you can't logically show fault. That's typical of people who can't prove their case.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Oh, so you do believe a deity of some kind created the universe and life? Good.
Wow - you really aren't good at inferring beliefs, are you?

You make fun of it because you can't logically show fault. That's typical of people who can't prove their case.
If you have any reason to consider "God did it" more plausible than "a magic parking space did it", I'm all ears. Until then, they have the same status: unfalsifiable but unjustified assumptions.

DavidFirth

Wow - you really aren't good at inferring beliefs, are you?

If you have any reason to consider "God did it" more plausible than "a magic parking space did it", I'm all ears. Until then, they have the same status: unfalsifiable but unjustified assumptions.

Translation: Anything works except for God did it.

Yep, just as I thought.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Translation: Anything works except for God did it.

Yep, just as I thought.
No; "God did it" is on the long list of potential answers, but it's ranked on par with other options that have a similar level of support.

Do you actually have any reason to say that God is more plausible than a magic parking space? Anything at all?

I mean, I just pulled "magic parking space" out of my butt. I have no reason at all to think that they're real, let alone that they can cure cancer. Surely you can do at least a bit better than that with your God, right?

DavidFirth

No; "God did it" is on the long list of potential answers, but it's ranked on par with other options that have a similar level of support.

Do you actually have any reason to say that God is more plausible than a magic parking space? Anything at all?

I mean, I just pulled "magic parking space" out of my butt. I have no reason at all to think that they're real, let alone that they can cure cancer. Surely you can do at least a bit better than that with your God, right?

Sure. I AM is the reason.

See Romans 1:20. And simply produce Christ's remains.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No. God's word isn't joking.
Your failure of logic has nothing to do with "God's word."

If you think your test is rational, I have some dragon repellant to sell you. It's guaranteed to work - if you even see a dragon, I'll give you a full refund.

Bob the Unbeliever

Prove it. Prove that the testimonies of Jesus Christ are a fake. Otherwise, you're just blowing hateful hot air.

That which has never been proven, does not need anything other than simple dismissal.

The fact that there is not a single contemporary Historical document in support of your legend? Is ample evidence to show your legend is simply a mythic story.

Show us a Historian who wrote of your Jesus during his life. In fact? Show us ANYTHING written during that time in history.

And no-- your bible does not qualify either-- it was written much too late, just like all the others.

DavidFirth

That which has never been proven, does not need anything other than simple dismissal.

The fact that there is not a single contemporary Historical document in support of your legend? Is ample evidence to show your legend is simply a mythic story.

Show us a Historian who wrote of your Jesus during his life. In fact? Show us ANYTHING written during that time in history.

And no-- your bible does not qualify either-- it was written much too late, just like all the others.

Oh. So since big bang theory and macro-evolution have never been proven I can simply dismiss them. Thanks for the approval.

Bob the Unbeliever

Oh. So since big bang theory and macro-evolution have never been proven I can simply dismiss them. Thanks for the approval.

Your comment above, is an example of ignorance: both the Big Bang theory and Evolution have been proven beyond any reasonable doubt.

Especially evolution. Hint: there is absolutely zero difference between "micro-evolution" and "macro-evolution". Both are the same, and properly called evolution.

Unless you can prove there is a MAGICAL barrier that prevents millions of micro-evolution events becoming macro evolution? No?

Just as we thought.

DavidFirth

Your comment above, is an example of ignorance: both the Big Bang theory and Evolution have been proven beyond any reasonable doubt.

Especially evolution. Hint: there is absolutely zero difference between "micro-evolution" and "macro-evolution". Both are the same, and properly called evolution.

Unless you can prove there is a MAGICAL barrier that prevents millions of micro-evolution events becoming macro evolution? No?

Just as we thought.

You're deluded. Micro-evolution is just small changes among like kinds. Macro-evolution is fish to man and such nonsense. Micro-evolution is observed. However, no one has ever seen one organism become a totally different organism, it is only assumed to happen. They are not the same, you have been deceived.

You can't prove macro-evolution has occurred. Nor can you prove abiogenesis. These are assumptions made by scientists only.

You've been led down the garden path of atheism, all based on purely and totally assumed events that no one can prove because they never happened.