• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praying

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I wondering what do u do if your in trouble who do u pray to.

I always pray. If it is not to my grandmothers, I pray through not to the life force or life/what is life that makes me, me. I just dont pray to an abrahamic god. Many people pray withiut belief in god.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Really. You mean you've solved world hunger, disease and preventing murder? Wow, you're really on the ball!
We have a long way to go. Millenia of people praying instead of doing something useful really put us behind where we coukd have been.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Actually, it has. I know it worked for my mother. Cancer before prayer - no cancer after prayer. But of course, you don't want to hear that...
You/she got lucky or are you really that good that a prayer to your vengeful god did the trick. Seriously? If so, that would certainly explain your wanton arrogance. :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That post doesn't apply as a reply to my post. I don't refuse medical attention.

My mother went into surgery and - no cancer.
Ah - so you were just confused? If your mother prayed and had cancer surgery, why would you attribute her cancer remission to the prayer and not the surgery?

If we're going to play the "post hoc, ergo propter hoc" game, why not consider other factors? Maybe the parking space at the hospital was especially lucky. Maybe her breakfast on a morning precisely 23 days before her surgery had magic healing powers for one day 23 days in the future. Why not consider all options if you're going to consider prayer?

DavidFirth

Ah - so you were just confused? If your mother prayed and had cancer surgery, why would you attribute her cancer remission to the prayer and not the surgery?

If we're going to play the "post hoc, ergo propter hoc" game, why not consider other factors? Maybe the parking space at the hospital was especially lucky. Maybe her breakfast on a morning precisely 23 days before her surgery had magic healing powers for one day 23 days in the future. Why not consider all options if you're going to consider prayer?

You still don't get it. She had cancer before the surgery. During the surgery no cancer was found. You got a good, scientific explanation for that?

You don't believe God healed her but you do think a parking space or a breakfast did? Some atheists are just too much. But I guess if abiogenesis happened then a parking space could have healed her, too. :facepalm: