• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ppl need to look in the damn mirror of a change

outhouse

Atheistically
What do you want to debate?

Do you think things were ever this good in any time period known to man?

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
:rolleyes:

Seriously?
WTF do millions of our kids get aborted, traded for sex, left to die, are forced to marry, starved to death, abused upon imagination, and STILL the adaption centers are still full of unwanted kids besides that?
WTF?

fun fact
World Population Clock: 7 Billion People (2014) - Worldometers

You know, we are one completely screwed up species and our morals are worthless.

They wouldn't be full if they dropped the outrageous costs and conditions to adopt.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
I'm sure plenty of pimps, molesters and rapist would love to adopt as many of those children as you'd like them to.

Or were you going for something else?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Species are made to procreate, it appears to be an innate thing. All of my pregnancies (3) were unplanned.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
You know, we are one completely screwed up species and our morals are worthless.
I don't disagree.
Whose morals, then, do we use if not our own?

As others have said, if it was easier and cheaper to adopt, I expect more people would adopt. The US has much higher adoption rates than many places, though. The UK's isn't that good IIRC.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Maybe it is just me, but I think the OP may want to encourage people to consider adoption over pregnancy.

I'm probably projecting, though. This is an old precious cause of mine...

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
:rolleyes:

Seriously?
WTF do millions of our kids get aborted, traded for sex, left to die, are forced to marry, starved to death, abused upon imagination, and STILL the adaption centers are still full of unwanted kids besides that?
WTF?

fun fact
World Population Clock: 7 Billion People (2014) - Worldometers

Any species will procreate at a maximum rate. Why don't all animals have these issues? Simply because they do not have the artificial means, or the misplaced good intention, of supporting those that cannot support themselves.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Any species will procreate at a maximum rate. Why don't all animals have these issues? Simply because they do not have the artificial means, or the misplaced good intention, of supporting those that cannot support themselves.

That... that's not what it is. There are many, many cases of other animals that are social doing the exact same thing we do in this regard.

What is distinct is that humans are radical ecosystem engineers that can destroy and re-create systems to serve themselves in ways that break typical limits. This, by far, is the largest factor by an extreme order of magnitude.

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
Maybe it is just me, but I think the OP may want to encourage people to consider adoption over pregnancy.

I'm probably projecting, though. This is an old precious cause of mine...

I really didn't have any intentions like that when creating this thread. :shrug:
Well, that we have very screwed up morals.
Bringing up the horrors that happens to our children was just one of the biggest reasons.
I probably put this thread in the wrong place, its not really a debate

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Sure, it would be lovely if all the unwanted children were adopted by at least some of those who want to have children. At the same time, the ones in charge have made it very difficult for people to adopt children. Since that is the case, it's not really a very easy fix to the problem.