• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post your childhood/younger pics

Renji

So this is me when mom and dad brought me to our ancestral house in Incheon, S. Korea. Have no idea how old I am on that pic (around 3-5 years old??) and I don't know what the hell I'm doing in it (epic face!). :D And yeah, it's kinda blurred-sorry for that.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
TERRY_2.jpg

Me as a boy WW2

TERRYB1.jpg

in Army 1954 on holliday in winterburg

TERRY-1.jpg

1956 as Photography Student at London college of Printing and Graphic Art

Wow! Yowza yowza yowza!

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I agree and really good teeth for a young kid. I notice things like that :p

Gracias. Oddly enough, I didn't have dental insurance for most of my youth. I still have those rabbit teeth to this day. Not as white though...:eek:. All that coffee.

Kathryn

Koreans are awesome. ; ) For some odd reason, a whole bunch of my family ended up being at least half Korean! My brother is adopted and he's half Korean, my grandson is adopted (from the same orphanage as my brother - forty years later!) and he's 100 percent Korean, and my oldest son's fiancee is Korean too!

Needless to say, I've grown to love Korean food over my lifetime. In fact, I'm making kimchee today! (But I'm not burying it in a clay pot in my backyard.)

Renji

Koreans are awesome. ; ) For some odd reason, a whole bunch of my family ended up being at least half Korean! My brother is adopted and he's half Korean, my grandson is adopted (from the same orphanage as my brother - forty years later!) and he's 100 percent Korean, and my oldest son's fiancee is Korean too!

Needless to say, I've grown to love Korean food over my lifetime. In fact, I'm making kimchee today! (But I'm not burying it in a clay pot in my backyard.)

Cool, I love kimchi.:) And yeah, granny makes kimchi. She makes it the TRADITIONAL way, which includes placing it in a BIG clay pot and burying it in the backyard. I even helped her one time burying that pot. :D

Kathryn

Cool, I love kimchi.:) And yeah, granny makes kimchi. She makes it the TRADITIONAL way, which includes placing it in a BIG clay pot and burying it in the backyard. I even helped her one time burying that pot. :D

Well, that's too hardcore for me. I just use a big jar and cover it up!

Renji

Well, that's too hardcore for me. I just use a big jar and cover it up!

hehe, actually, whenever I hear someone saying "Hey, I'm going to make kimchi", that's the first thing that comes into my mind: big clay pots and burying it somewhere. I'm actually imagining you now, carrying that big pot and a shovel. :D, nah, kiddin'.:p

Renji

And yeah, I personally think that kimchis prepared that way are very delicious. You should sometimes try doing it that way Kathryn! lol. :D

Kathryn

And yeah, I personally think that kimchis prepared that way are very delicious. You should sometimes try doing it that way Kathryn! lol. :D

Hey, don't tempt me - I'm already making homemade kombucha and kefir. My husband thinks I've lost my mind.

Renji

Hey, don't tempt me - I'm already making homemade kombucha and kefir. My husband thinks I've lost my mind.

Are you referring to the yeast tea(kombocha)or the kelp tea (literally kombucha)? It's Japanese so I'm not really much aware of those. The only tea I love drinking is the milk tea. :D

Last edited: