• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Political Compass Results

Laika

Premium Member
Hey everyone. :)

Whilst the Political Compass Test is far from perfect, it is probably the most "accurate" way to measure where people are politically that we have. I took the test recently, and got these results and am shamefully moderate. :(

Economic Left/Right: -6.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.33

I'm stickying this thread so it doesn't get lost, and rather than have several threads, new members can simply keep adding their results to this one. Here's the Crowd Chart (as of 17/03/2016)

crowdchart5.png

Link (so I can update it with new results as they come in): http://www.politicalcompass.org/cro...a=-6.0,-5.33&name=icehorse&ec=-6.88&soc=-5.23

If you've taken the test before and post the results on RF, you're results may be in one of the threads below (This may save you taking the test over if you prefer):

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/political-compass.150888/ (from 2013)
http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/the-political-compass-test.69348/#post-1250168 (from 2008)
http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/where-are-you-on-the-political-compass.34077/#post-498817 (from 2006)

crowdchart2.png

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't remember my score.
What quadrant does this put you in?
I'm deep in the lower right (purple) corner.....where the real libertarians are.

As I recall, I'm somewhere in the +8,-8 area.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Left-Libertarian aka, the "Green" hippe-commie axis of evil quadrant. :D
Question (for opinion rather than any argument).....
What's the difference between a "left libertarian" & a "liberal" (in the modern US sense)?

Laika

Premium Member
Question (for opinion rather than any argument).....
What's the difference between a "left libertarian" & a "liberal" (in the modern US sense)?

I edited the OP to include links to previous threads for Political compass. if you've posted up a result before, it may be in one of them.

I'm actually pretty confused on US use of political terms because they are so radically different from European usage. For political compass though, Left-Libertarian includes anything from the centre-left progressive, social liberals and social democrats, probably a fair amount of Greens and then anything up to anarchist-communists. The more Soviet type left wingers go in the "Red" quadrent for the Authoritarian-Left. (upper left on the grid as I recall).

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm about a quarter of the way up in the red square, just under the Generalissimo Stalinismo. I'm more communist than Laika and an authoritarian. I'm either a Stalinist or a Fascista, take your pick.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.0

chart

Quite different from eight years ago, when I was only at -6.25,-5.79. So much for getting more Conservative as you get older.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.26

Last time I took I was a little closer to center but in the same quatrain. I couldn't find my last score.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77

chart

Tumah

Veteran Member
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.08

What does this mean?

Laika

Premium Member
Your Political Compass
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.08

What does this mean?

I think it means you're in the Authoritarian-Left Quadrent of the political compass or the "Red Sqaure". Nice. :D

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
chart

I'm moving left over time. I used to be on the purple/green border.

Your Political Compass
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.9

My score from Sept 2012:
I guess I've moved slightly left. I'm usually right on the line between green and purple.
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.56

Last edited:

Sees

Dragonslayer
IMG_20160312_111245.jpg

It will move about .15 any direction if I retake it so this is pretty solid for me - going off of the questions they are using....some of which are silly to include or confusing.

I'd put my self a bit more right and down, being born on the 4th of July and all. :D