• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Police preventing shootings in last five days White Nationalist involved with one

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
What is there to unpack?

Arson, violence, calling for the death of cops. Several different sources from different angles telling the same story. You can't claim bias or spin.

SMH because Fox News leans right they infamously spin news for a specific audience with a specific implicit racial bias.

When it came to rioting most certainly these incidents will always be allocated to BLM. What many have debunked already, there is a difference between degenerates shouting black lives matter and those actually protesting and being a part of black lives matter.

BLM has been a part of my University in the black student Union since it's formation. One thing that is clear is that many of these organizations that are Grass Roots do not encourage degenerate behavior through criminal activity. However like any protesting group you will have miscreants among the population who mask their true intention using activism.

The problem with Fox News is they do not discern this because it's not newsworthy because there is an audience that they want to appease. Which is why I don't even accept a fox source they are obviously bias in reporting.

Also, regarding the teens kidnapping and torturing that disabled kid there is no evidence they were really a part of BLM

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Get over it dude. If I only linked Fox news then sure. But I linked MSNBC and CNN as well. Take your butt hurt elsewhere.

Change in pace do you think White Nationalism (as it is currently represented in the United States) is dangerous?

Protip: it's a simple yes or no question.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Change in pace do you think White Nationalism (as it is currently represented in the United States) is dangerous?

Protip: it's a simple yes or no question.

Of course, we should monitor and keep tabs on all violent hate groups.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Of course, we should monitor and keep tabs on all violent hate groups.

If such is the case why didn't the administration put white nationalists Organizations and media outlets (the daily stormer and stormfront) listed as extremist along with BLM considering FBI reports?

Enoch07

Premium Member
If such is the case why didn't the administration put white nationalists Organizations and media outlets (the daily stormer and stormfront) listed as extremist along with BLM considering FBI reports?

Well the FBI does keep track of certain groups/threats especially the militias.

But in general white supremacist aren't marching down the street in the hundreds/thousands rioting, burning down cars/homes/business, threatening to kill cops, etc.

Milton Platt

Let's look at the crime rate over time....
U.S.: violent crime rate graph 1990-2017 | Statista
And the gun ownership rate....
Gun ownership in the U.S. 1972-2018 | Statista
What should one deduce from these?

The first link reflects all violent crime, not just deaths or injuries from guns and the second won't allow me to see the statistics without a sub.

Be that as it may, I trust your ability to read and analyze charts. The results of past attempts to directly correlate gun ownership with violent crimes and/or suicide have been mixed. I could spend some time and find a paper that contradicts the one you linked to. Who is right? I don't really know.

One factor that makes it difficult is that the many guns are owned by people who own 4 or more guns. So it may be argued that it isn't the shear number of guns, but also the percentage of the population who own them that should be looked at. I don't think that it could be shown that the more guns one owns, the more likely they are to be a criminal. My point being that many people are just collectors and can have dozens of guns in their possession. I personally know one who has over 30 firearms.....he doesn't even shoot them.

What would you say produces the statistics behind this graph:
gundeaths2016IHME.png

Population level, certainly, is an influence. But what about China? India? Russia? Why don't they rank here?

Last edited:

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
But in general white supremacist aren't marching down the street in the hundreds/thousands rioting, burning down cars/homes/business, threatening to kill cops, etc.

BLM hasn't killed cops that is a misnomer and the closes blame BLM had with respect to killing cops was the Dallas shooter and so that was debunked.

But apparently you're unaware of these guys on the far right

"White supremacists have committed at least 73 murders since Charlottesville, 39 of which were clearly motivated by hateful, racist ideology. These numbers include the deadly white supremacist shooting rampages in Parkland, Pittsburgh, Poway and El Paso, the deadliest white supremacist attack in more than 50 years. In each of these cities, white supremacist murderers acted on the threat embodied in the chant made famous in Charlottesville: “Jews will not replace us! You will not replace us!”

Ironic you say they aren't when there is documented proof that white supremacist/nationalist are a very dangerous group.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The first link reflects all violent crime, not just deaths or injuries from guns and the second won't allow me to see the statistics without a sub.
I responded to.....
"There is a correlation between increasing gun ownership and increased crime."

I thought violent crime would be more relevant,
but I went with what I thought you were after.
Be that as it may, I trust your ability to read and analyze charts. The results of past attempts to directly correlate gun ownership with violent crimes and/or suicide have been mixed. I could spend some time and find a paper that contradicts the one you linked to. Who is right? I don't really know.
I'm not making a claim about gun ownership & crime rates.
A problem with doing so is that guns per person might be a really poor measure,
since one can only use 1 or 2 at a time. The others would stay at home.

I see the biggest problem as who has which guns.
One factor that makes it difficult is that the many guns are owned by people who own 4 or more guns. So it may be argued that it isn't the shear number of guns, but also the percentage of the population who own them that should be looked at. I don't think that it could be shown that the more guns one owns, the more likely they are to be a criminal. My point being that many people are just collectors and can have dozens of guns in their possession. I personally know one who has over 30 firearms.....he doesn't even shoot them.

What would you say produces the statistics behind this graph:
View attachment 32320

Population level, certainly, is an influence. But what about China? India? Russia? Why don't they rank here?
Good questions.
But I've many alerts to address, & a construction worker
to supervise IRL....so I'm too distracted to look into it.
Good questions nonetheless.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Hopefully everyone here knows not to pay any attention to an admitted gun using criminal who is absolutely part of the problem.

There you go with more lies. Still waiting on you to develop a backbone and point out a law I have broken. ;)

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Talking BS about wounded cops being killed is alright as long as you make your point!!