• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pleasure Marriages in Islam

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As you can see the reasons don't allow room for people to be married and do muta (as abused in Shiite communities) nor for clerics (and God curse those who do this) to play games with young women and have sex with many of them when there is no need for them to do so!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is why when the purpose of the law is explained and you go against the purpose and dishonor so many other commands of God like age of guidance or age of marriage, or twist a law for prostitution when there are verses forbidding prostitution, then you can't blame the book but the people who twist it and ignore what it really says!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also there are verses that show we aren't allowed to have secret friends for sex in any condition, so Muta although doesn't need ceremony, needs to be done without "hiding" from public. This way, there is no shady business and parents also are required for permission of a non-divorced woman and so there is no shady business!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The problem is Shiites follow their scholars for everything and won't strive to see Quran to understand a single saying of Auli-Mohammad that is verified in there!

The scholars don't put all these conditions that Quran put, they even allow it for married people to do which Quran forbid as you can see!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You will find always faults with Muslims and the Islam they presented, what you can never do and will never do if Quran is from God and protected, is find a fault in the actual true Quran. You may find it misunderstanding or bad translations, but not in the actual Quran if this is true.

Keep in mind that there is a great sorcery upon the Quran per the Quran itself and seek God's help against Iblis and his forces when you go to it, perhaps, you will unravel it's wonders, bright signs, insights and light!

firedragon

Veteran Member
"enjoyment"

Its better that you reply to the post bro. Then the respondent knows you did.

Anyway, so it means enjoyment. It also means given or bestowed. It also means benefited. The meaning of joy stems from the understanding of benefit. Because its speaking about women you can marry, people make it into joy.

Anyway, what does Hasana mean?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Its better that you reply to the post bro. Then the respondent knows you did.

Anyway, so it means enjoyment. It also means given or bestowed. It also means benefited. The meaning of joy stems from the understanding of benefit. Because its speaking about women you can marry, people make it into joy.

Anyway, what does Hasana mean?

It's true marriage is enjoyable but it's the same with Salah, Salah can be said to be just Du'a if people want to obtuse, but we know it refers to a very technical ritual, muta also is a term that was spread by the Sunnah and referred to something very technical, but if we make it refer to marriage and make malakat aymanihim, refer to slavery, it would mean you have sex with your slave even if they are married to another..... so man slave and woman slave married together, you can have sex with that woman slave despite her being married.

Is the Islam you believe in?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God wrote it in a way, that if we don't see Muta as a form of malakat aymanihim and marriage as the other form of it, we would have to believe God allows us to have slave woman married to another slave man but allowed to have sex with her! This is so absurd, but it's what Muslims believed for centuries and it's what the commentaries of Quran said regarding this verse! That's absurd surely bro!

firedragon

Veteran Member
God wrote it in a way, that if we don't see Muta as a form of malakat aymanihim and marriage as the other form of it, we would have to believe God allows us to have slave woman married to another slave man but allowed to have sex with her! This is so absurd, but it's what Muslims believed for centuries and it's what the commentaries of Quran said regarding this verse! That's absurd surely bro!

Now you bring many other things. Alright.

What does hasana mean?
What does yamin mean?

Same verse.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Brother. Theres no sex with slaves in the Quran. Theres no pleasure marriage in the Quran. I agree with you on all of this.

Ma malakut aymanukum does not mean slaves or war captives. I am trying to tell you that most of this is misread.

Ma malakut aymanukum means given by oath. Yamin means oath. Promised.

Hasana means set free or free. Emancipated.

4:24 is misread.

Wasp

And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise. (4:24)

Another way to translate 4:24 in begining...is as follows:

And all married women (are forbidden to you) except those who your Oaths hold..

This is already seeming better why?

Well in the 1st translation, it would mean we are allowed having sex married women that are slaves.
The verse talks about marriage though having sex with a slave was permitted without marriage with certain requirements.

Say slavery was forbidden and condemned, as I do believe other verses outright to do so.
Such as? It's not forbidden, it's discouraged.
What can this mean? It would mean "All Married women except those who your Oath hold...", meaning except who you are married to from them.
You mean, it's forbidden for you to marry anyone except those who you already are married to?

This means there is category aside from Married women...
The usual place to seek marriage from.

Wasp

4:24 is not misread, but it's not pleasure marriage, it's "muta". Muta is not a marriage.
It was actually more acceptable sounding when they said it's marriage than when you say it's an arrangement to have random sex with no worries.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Temporaty marriage is definitely a thing in Islaam. It has become a source of considerable inner tension here in Brazil, from what I am told.

Nikah mut'ah - Wikipedia

Besides, if you look at the wiki Luis just posted, these "pleasure" marriages exclude "young virgin girls". So, if the wiki is correct, the whole Muhammad/Aisha affair is irrelevant.

You missed a few points, so I was not clear enough. I give it another try.

1) Pleasure marriage is something in Islam. And Muhammad has something to do with Islam, and Aisha also, and he had pleasure with her. So clearly the 2 are related, so this can't be just dismissed. The Prophet's Mark is all over "Pleasure Marriage" it seems to me.

2) You mentioned the wiki link, so I studied that. The part below is from this wiki page, which gives the preconditions of such marriage. Read the last line, esp. the part in brackets (you must have misread this part). It clearly states that the girl can be a young virgin (IF the father gives consent...).

And coincidentally this is exactly as what happened between Muhammad and Aisha. Muhammad wanted her. Father refused first. Muhammad told him he had a vision about this marriage, and then father agreed.

So, it's exactly the opposite as what you said. Muhammad/Aisha is super relavant when talking about "Pleasure Marriage" IMO.

Nikah mut'ah - Wikipedia
According to Twelver Shia jurisprudence, preconditions for mutah are: The bride must not be married, she must be Muslim or belong to Ahl al-Kitab (People of the Book), she should be chaste, not addicted to fornication and she should not be a young virgin (if her father is absent and cannot give consent)

Last edited:

Wasp

You missed a few points, so I was not clear enough. I give it another try.

1) Pleasure marriage is something in Islam. And Muhammad has something to do with Islam, and Aisha also, and he had pleasure with her. So clearly the 2 are related, so this can't be just dismissed. The Prophet's Mark is all over "Pleasure Marriage".

2) You mentioned the link. Part below is from this wiki page, I copied, which gives the preconditions of such marriage. Read the last line, esp. the part in brackets (you must have misread this part). It clearly states that the girl can be a young virgin (as long as the father gives consent). People writing Law verses always put loopholes in it.

And coincidentally this is exactly as what happened between Muhammad and Aisha. Muhammad wanted her. Father refused first. Muhammad told him he had a vision about this marriage, and then father agreed.

So, it's exactly the opposite as what you said. Muhammad/Aisha is super relavant when talking about "Pleasure Marriage"

Nikah mut'ah - Wikipedia
Is "Mutah" worse is the woman is young and a virgin?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I agree with you that this whole thing sounds nonsensical, but when you make a statement like "allowing such 'prostitution' gives rise to sex crimes like sex trafficking" maybe a research should be done with all aspects considered. I think you are making your opinion sound like fact.
Nice deflections. But.... your word choice "I think" was correct. As you thought wrong

1) You missed my IMHO under each post.
2) When writing this last line I thought of putting IMHO behind it, but then I though that will give a double IMHO in the end of my post. Would be a bit over the top, don't you think? Would even look silly, hence this time I did not put it there.
3) But usually my posts are quite redundant with all the IMHO I add, so I'm glad you missed my extra ones (nice to know others appreciate it). This time only one in the end (immediately behind the line you had a problem with).
4) I even deliberately did NOT put "." behind the last word, as to make sure that the IMHO in my footer fits perfectly behind the line you had a problem with.

But besides that, we did have a few years back, sex trafficking hitting the headlines in my country. Prostitution indeed involved sex trafficking (big time). So it's not only my opinion.

But you need not be a genius to see that link, I think. When you know the basics of economy "Every demand creates it's supply".

Holland is quite free when it comes to prostitution and gay pride. But I'm glad Holland drew the line here (children and violence involved).

BUT I am 100% sure (my opinion) that Holland has plenty of very nasty child abuse still going on. Holland is no better than Middle East. All are humans and not all behave humane. It's horrible for these girls and I am glad all this dirt comes out now.

In the past I thought many times "it seems the bad ones always get away with it, and karma seems not to work". But last few years karma is speeding up it seems. Christianity (Priests), Hollywood and now Islam. Finally some cleansing of child/women abuse.