• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pleasure Marriages in Islam

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who in the world sticks to the root meaning only?

Okay, so the debate is should Muta have a technical meaning or does it just refer to marriage?

This all it is. Now I will await your response as to why it should not have the technical meaning I explained in my post already why I think it has technical meaning and is the 2nd form of malakat aymanihim and marriage is the first form.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Okay, so the debate is should Muta have a technical meaning or does it just refer to marriage?

This all it is. Now I will await your response as to why it should not have the technical meaning I explained in my post already why I think it has technical meaning and is the 2nd form of malakat aymanihim and marriage is the first form.

Who in the world said that Muta is marriage?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well I'm talking about 4:24 brother, a lot of Quranist people who think most hadiths and Islamic history is fabricated, can easily dismiss the word technical word "Muta" historically recorded and emphasized in both Sunni and Shiite hadiths. However, I showed why from Quran it should be seen as a technical form and something aside from marriage.

I'll await your proof to your interpretation which I believe I already thoroughly proven wrong by proving my interpretation.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well I'm talking about 4:24 brother, a lot of Quranist people who think most hadiths and Islamic history is fabricated, can easily dismiss the word technical word "Muta" historically recorded and emphasized in both Sunni and Shiite hadiths. However, I showed why from Quran it should be seen as a technical form and something aside from marriage.

I'll await your proof to your interpretation which I believe I already thoroughly proven wrong by proving my interpretation.

First of all, I never said Muta is marriage of any sort.

What do you mean proving interpretation? What are you actually arguing? And what is my interpretation? Do you even understand my so called "interpretation"?

Brother. First of all, you speak of Malakat Aymanihim. Its not Malakat Aymanihim. What you are referring to is Ma malakut aymanukum. Aymanihim means a third party, not you in the first person. You are wording it wrong. And Aymanukum comes from the word Yamin. It means oath. You want an example? Read Quran 5:89.

And could you read up and tell me how Yusuf Ali translates this word isthamtatum (Muta) in 4:24?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Malakat implies only you can have sex with this person and no one else but you. This is what it means.

Anyways brother, I am tired of this. No one cares from Muslims as to what Quran really says. Everyone wants to prove Quran says what they want it for them to say.

This is the essential problem.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's funny you ask how Yusuf Ali interpreted and translated it, when we should be asking, how did the Prophet explain it and what do the hadiths of the family of the reminder say regarding it if we are going to use an outside source.

The rope of God was never a book alone but always coupled with a family of guidance.

Through out the life of the Messenger, he used the word "Muta".

I'm not going to let you make any Tom, Dick, and Harry an authority pertaining to Quran when you denying the historical interpretation of the Prophet recorded in Sunni and Shiite sources!

firedragon

Veteran Member
It's funny you ask how Yusuf Ali interpreted and translated it, when we should be asking, how did the Prophet explain it and what do the hadiths of the family of the reminder say regarding it if we are going to use an outside source.

The rope of God was never a book alone but always coupled with a family of guidance.

Through out the life of the Messenger, he used the word "Muta".

I'm not going to let you make any Tom, Dick, and Harry an authority pertaining to Quran when you denying the historical interpretation of the Prophet recorded in Sunni and Shiite sources!

There is nothing funny about anything brother. You should know that you are arguing for nothing.

So tell me, how did the prophet interpret the verse 4:24?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Malakat implies only you can have sex with this person and no one else but you.

The word Malakat doesn't imply anything of the sort. Malakat means to own or to be given. I cant understand why you have to make statements you dont understand. Brother, dont do that.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I understand malakat means "own" but it's context of sex, because no one owns anyone but God. So it means those who you alone can have sex with by the oaths you have taken regarding them, which one form is marriage, and the other is muta.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It means those who God has given you authority to have sex with him really, this is what it means, but whatever brother. Arabs wanted slaves so used it to justify that. They conquered lands and twisted Quran to own slaves. That's historical reality.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It means those who God has given you authority to have sex with him really, this is what it means, but whatever brother. Arabs wanted slaves so used it to justify that. They conquered lands and twisted Quran to own slaves. That's historical reality.

Well. I agree that people twisted the meaning. Of course.

But it doesn't mean authority to have sex with and what not. No way. Malakat is from Malik. King or owner. So Malakat is a simple word that means you are given something. Its the phrase Ma Malakut Aymanukum that people twisted. Not the word Malakat.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Malakat refers to having authority over, but it doesn't mean real authority in the sense God is to be obeyed, it is in context of sex. Anyways, I will await your explanation. Go ahead and offer it.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I understand malakat means "own" but it's context of sex, because no one owns anyone but God. So it means those who you alone can have sex with by the oaths you have taken regarding them, which one form is marriage, and the other is muta.

Malakat doesn't have any context of sex. Read the whole Quran. Some people understood it to mean war captives and some understood it as slaves. Sex thing is based on the verse, not this phrase.

Ahi. You are completely making some statements you dont understand. I am engaging you because you are.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Malakat refers to having authority over, but it doesn't mean real authority in the sense God is to be obeyed, it is in context of sex. Anyways, I will await your explanation. Go ahead and offer it.

Malakat means "you are given" or "possess". thats it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It means who you own in terms having sexual right to and who others can't have sex with to respect. Anyways, brother, if you are going to offer your explanation go ahead.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It means who you own in terms having sexual right to and who others can't have sex with to respect. Anyways, brother, if you are going to offer your explanation go ahead.

No. It doesn't have anything to do with sex. Its an absurd statement.

What sexual context does it have when the Quran says "Malakuta assamaawaathi wal ardha"? It means kingdom of God. Kingdom of heavens and earth. Dont separate one word and give interpretations.

No point Ahi.
Peace.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Words are always seen in their context. In this context, it means "having authority over in terms of sex."