• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please state your religion and answer this question. Thank you in advance.

chinu

chinu
Question was: Define a soul first ?
Answer was: Source of energy behind everything.

Again you asked..
Such as sunlight, water, and carbon dioxide for plants?

Carbs and protein for humans?

etc.
Once in your OP you said; >>>if everyone knew each other; I'm talking actually know them (e.g., practically knowing everything they've been through, their mindset, their actions per day, etc.) then everyone would understand why people do their actions. Everyone would see that everyone's actions are reasonable, they all have a reason. Therefore; if everyone knew each other's reasons, then nobody would hate anybody<<<
Its the source of energy to perform any action. :)

Maya3

Advaita Hindu.

Yes they do. The same as ours. There is only one soul, and everything is part of it.

Maya

Draka

Wonder Woman
Eclectic. Absolutely not. Nor do they think, smile, love, talk or retain any other human characteristic. They are animate creatures of instinct, not intuition. Souls need intuition. And many of them are delicious.

I found this interesting. You honestly don't believe that animals are capable of thinking? Or love? Or anything else except base instincts? You are aware that there are some species that mate for life and when one mate dies the other will go into a depression and die from what is perceived to be "broken heart syndrome"? And you say they don't love?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Eclectic. Absolutely not. Nor do they think, smile, love, talk or retain any other human characteristic. They are animate creatures of instinct, not intuition. Souls need intuition. And many of them are delicious.

Brain scans disagree.

If you were talking about fish and lizards you would have a point, but mammals do love.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Including bacteria? :D

Including trees, plants, flowers... Doesn't mean I like them but yes I believe they have a soul. Now what the soul is like, compared to ours is a different question. Is the soul of an animal, human or plant the same? IDK haven't formed an opinion on that yet.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Question was: Define a soul first ?
Answer was: Source of energy behind everything.

Again you asked..

Once in your OP you said; >>>if everyone knew each other; I'm talking actually know them (e.g., practically knowing everything they've been through, their mindset, their actions per day, etc.) then everyone would understand why people do their actions. Everyone would see that everyone's actions are reasonable, they all have a reason. Therefore; if everyone knew each other's reasons, then nobody would hate anybody<<<
Its the source of energy to perform any action. :)

What I said was mostly a joke :) Those are the sources of energy to help us survive (to live), but the soul is what keeps us alive. Two different things.

ArcNinja

Animals don't have souls. Neither do humans (which are animals). There are no "souls." The soul is just a concept created by religion.