• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please state your religion and answer this question. Thank you in advance.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Religion - Undefined

If we have souls I don't see any reason why animals shouldn't aswell

Draka

Wonder Woman
Wiccan, and I believe that all life has a Spark of the Divine (soul/spirit). That includes animals (which humans are) and plants.

Bob Dixon

>implying
Christian.

Yes.
Why shouldn't animals have souls?

As the guy above me said, perhaps they're not the SAME souls as human souls but... yeah, they're souls.
But then, they COULD well be the same, especially if there exists a reincarnation.

Tonymai

Lonesome Religionist
Does not belong any group. Animals have minds which can not know God. A soul is an offspring of a God knowing mind and the spirit of God living within it. There is no spirit of God within animal mind; therefore, animals do not have souls.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Does not belong any group. Animals have minds which can not know God. A soul is an offspring of a God knowing mind and the spirit of God living within it. There is no spirit of God within animal mind; therefore, animals do not have souls.
Oh, that's sad!

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
***Mod post***

This thread has been moved to the Comparative Religion forum.​

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
That depends on how you define 'soul'. I've realised that Christians and Hindus define it differently.

Then again, the way that Christians define it, I still think some animals have it to some degree.

Based on a Hindu definition, all animals have souls.

Bob Dixon

>implying

The mind has nothing to do with the soul.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Dontworrybehappyism and yes.

in fact animals are souls.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Dontworrybehappyism and yes.

in fact animals are souls.

I used to argue with that wording as well but have realised it isn't quite accurate. Animal relates to the physical body, but the soul inhabits the body and is not the animal.

So what I might say, instead of 'an animal has a soul' is that 'the soul has an animal' :p

espo35

Bible student.

It would depend on your definition of soul. If you are speaking of some sort of life-force which lives on after death, than neither animals nor humans have a soul.