• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Planned Parenthood exonerated. Videographers indicted.

David1967

Premium Member
I know I'm probably in the minority. But if what they allegedly exposed is true, were they really selling off dissected human body parts? My God!

freethinker44

I doubt the charges against the people that made the video will lead to a conviction. I don't even see how they could have charged them with anything. Might be a defamation case for Planned Parenthood, but other than that the prosecutor is just wasting public money.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hospitals and clinics routinely donate tissues, organs, &c for research purposes. This may push the "ick!" button in authoritarians, but it does no harm, and results in good. It does not affect the routine operation of the facility.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I know I'm most, probably in the minority. But if what they allegedly exposed is true, were they really selling off dissected human body parts? My God!
Yes they were.
By doing so they were making a good thing out of a tragedy.
That is the modern thing to do. The old thing to do was create yet more moral ugliness out of reality. We can do better than that.
Let's do the best we can! Not do whatever people from thousands of years ago thought best.
We are better than that.
Tom

4consideration

Premium Member
I know I'm probably in the minority. But if what they allegedly exposed is true, were they really selling off dissected human body parts? My God!
I would be with you, in that if they were selling body parts, that would not be ok with me.

I think an organization that counsels and performs abortions should not have the sale of the parts of those aborted fetuses as incentive to do profit more from doing more. I think that creates a terrible conflict of interest.

However, if PP was not doing that, and if someone is lying so as to make it appear they are guilty of a crime they are not guilty of -- that's not ok, and should be prosecuted.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It should be legal to sell body parts. Without a licence. End gubbermint restriction on entrepreneurs! Let the Almighty Hand of the Free Market decide!
I hear ya.
Were it legal to sell toenail clippings, I'd be rich rich rich!

David1967

Premium Member
That's the point, David. They were not.

OK. Please enlighten me. I saw the alleged footage. Was that not a woman at a table speaking of better ways to crush certain body parts in order to not damage others? That is monstrous and inhuman. How could anyone short of a monster talk so nonchalantly about such horrible things. I know from many of your posts that you are a compassionate person Valjean, so if I have the wrong impression about this please tell me where?

David1967

Premium Member
I would be with you, in that if they were selling body parts, that would not be ok with me.

I think an organization that counsels and performs abortions should not have the sale of the parts of those aborted fetuses as incentive to do profit more from doing more. I think that creates a terrible conflict of interest.

However, if PP was not doing that, and if someone is lying so as to make it appear they are guilty of a crime they are not guilty of -- that's not ok, and should be prosecuted.

I agree. If they are selling baby body parts it creates an industry. My God I cant believe that this could be in a civilized society. If we condone this we have no moral grounds to criticize anyone. 'If' this is happening then we are no better than the Nazis.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree. If they are selling baby body parts it creates an industry. My God I cant believe that this could be in a civilized society. If we condone this we have no moral grounds to criticize anyone. 'If' this is happening then we are no better than the Nazis.
To sell parts of dead people isn't nearly as bad as murdering millions of people.