• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pics of Your Religion!

This is 55,000 Christians praising Jehovah God.

bible-student-albums-funny-pics-picture5680-jw-convention-2014-55-000.jpg

Last edited:

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
The ruins of Taiwan Grand Shintō Shrine. I visited it this summer, and I don't miss climbing that mountain! Terrible heat, terrible swarm of mosquito, terrible height of mountain. So. Many. Stairs.

CFI-Jinguashi8503.jpg

CFI-Jinguashi8505.jpg

*Although I took a lot of pictures myself, these are not my work*

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Thunor's might:

acb-lightning-cool.jpg

o-ROCH-HART-LIGHTNING-ALBUQUERQUE-900.jpg

The Drink of Inspiration, where Woden's Power is contained:

bunratty_mead_2.jpg

Mistletoe: the Plant of Love and Joy, which was the bane of Balder:

mistletoe.jpg

A Hand Fasting and nursing puppies: Frigga in the flesh:

Handfasting1.jpg

dinner.jpg

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Thunor's might:

acb-lightning-cool.jpg

o-ROCH-HART-LIGHTNING-ALBUQUERQUE-900.jpg

The Drink of Inspiration, where Woden's Power is contained:

bunratty_mead_2.jpg

Mistletoe: the Plant of Love and Joy, which was the bane of Balder:

mistletoe.jpg

A Hand Fasting and nursing puppies: Frigga in the flesh:

Handfasting1.jpg

dinner.jpg

I feel in awe and energised when I see the power of nature. And the rest of the pictures? Very sweet. I love the idea of hand fasting and animals always make my heart melt.

What is that drink, btw, is it mead? Cause I LOVE mead! Mmmm...

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I feel in awe and energised when I see the power of nature. And the rest of the pictures? Very sweet. I love the idea of hand fasting and animals always make my heart melt.

What is that drink, btw, is it mead? Cause I LOVE mead! Mmmm...

That is, indeed, honey, heart, and grain. ^_^

Riverwolf

Premium Member
It's a pagan wedding ceremony. The partners have one of their hands tied together as a symbol of oneness and unity, as in the picture. You quite literally tie the knot with each other.

I just love how cute and romantic that is. :eek:

It's actually where we get a lot of our wedding lingo in the first place. "BONDS of matrimony", "tie the knot", etc... I understand that the ritual survived for a good while yet after Christianity came.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
It's a pagan wedding ceremony. The partners have one of their hands tied together as a symbol of oneness and unity, as in the picture. You quite literally tie the knot with each other.

I just love how cute and romantic that is. :eek:

That's sweet. I guess that's where the term comes from, huh? :flirt:

NoraSariah

I go to the Church of Christ, a denomination mainly known for its a capella worship.

church2014-2.JPG

A capella worship

cbc-class.jpg

Every Sunday, before the main service, we have Bible classes for all ages.

bible-verse.jpg

The Church of Christ is one of the most Biblically sound denominations I have come across. We are taught to love the Bible, base our faith off of it, and study it from an early age.

worship_communion.jpg

We take communion weekly to remember the sacrifice of Christ on the cross for our sins. The communion bread is unleavened, as it says in the Bible in 1 Corinthians 5:7-8. We drink grape juice, not wine.

mormon-prayer5.jpg

We are taught to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Prayer is the way we converse with God, thank Him for our blessings, confess our sins, and ask Him for things. I base my prayers off the ACTS prayer.

A- Adoration. Praise God for His beautiful creations.
C- Confession. Confess the sins you have done wrong since your last prayer and ask for forgiveness.
T- Thanksgiving. Thank Him for all the blessings He has given you, i.e. friends, family, your job, your house, etc.
S- Supplication. Ask Him for blessings or for things you need. Also this would be a good time to ask for prayer on behalf of your friends and family. God knows your heart and what you need before you ask, but He can't do anything until you ask in faith.