• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pics of Your Religion!

religion99

RTEmagicC_f4303859f4.jpg.jpg

Assembly of God

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
sun1.gif
(Chose a smaller image. I hope you do not mind - Aup :))
Nice Delta-9. Gayatri Mantra:

तत सवितुर्वरेण्यं l भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि l धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात ll

Tat Savituh vareniyam, bhargo devasya dhīmahi, dhiyo yo nah prachodayāta.

That desirable God, meditate on God's brilliance, which stimulates our intellect.

Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 3: HYMN LXII. Indra and Others., Verse 10

Last edited:

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Great top one, but isn't there some ambiguity as to the atheist-identity in some of the guys in the bottom picture?

Arguable in mild debate, yes.

Is a Deist (of a sort) an actual atheist?

Hmmmm...

Is a notable person that eschews any theistic perspective therefore a considered atheist?

Again...hmmmm.

I suppose we might fairly entertain a debate as to whether a non-theist qualifies as an "atheist", per se.

Seems more semantic than philosophical or theistic, but again others are invited to lend personalized views of course... :)

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Meenakshi amman is a popular goddess in south india. She was born without conception in a uterus, and with 3 breasts. Despite being a woman, She grew up as a talented warrior princess. The legend say that her third breast disappeared when she met Her future husband: Shiva.

meenakshi-1.jpg

Elephants blessing devotees at Her temple
Meenakshi-Temple-Madurai-.jpg

The Gopurams (entrance towers) of the Madurai Meenakshi temple.
Madhurai%20temple.jpg

Little girls are worshipped as Godess Durga during Navaratri festival

67aa3ac5-ba0d-4d5c-8c1b-984435b20e35HiRes.JPG

7ef173dd-1f2b-41ab-9b96-82ed83fd3929HiRes.JPG

Sri Ganesha is transported in His golden chariot during festival
aim_bn_1300791844.jpg

Vedic fire ritual

VasaiAshram10.jpg

Brinne

Jishu-jina. One of my favorite shrines that I visited. It is located in Kyoto near Kiyomizu-dera (a Buddhist temple). It is the shrine of matchmaking and love. It's such a cozy and welcoming shrine.
d3w1lXo.png

However I think this picture best sums up Shinto. It is truly and utterly the reverence of nature and how beautiful and mystic it can be. This picture is of the torii and the main path to Hakone shrine. The shrine is surrounded completely by nature; large forests on one side and the beautiful lake Ashi on the other. A must see if you are in the area.
rfmtheG.png

And finally a Shinto procession right here in America! Led by the Tsubaki Grand Shrine of America.
names_tsubaki.jpg

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Arguable in mild debate, yes.

Is a Deist (of a sort) an actual atheist?

Hmmmm...

Is a notable person that eschews any theistic perspective therefore a considered atheist?

Again...hmmmm.

I suppose we might fairly entertain a debate as to whether a non-theist qualifies as an "atheist", per se.

Seems more semantic than philosophical or theistic, but again others are invited to lend personalized views of course... :)

Well, that's why I said "ambiguity". ^_^ I, myself, am not familiar enough with any of these figures to know for sure.

Matemkar

Keeping Qadr Nights Alive in Iran. Doing a'maal and supplications such as "Dua Kumayl".

8587956767792726517979738554.jpg

8587956735978822032894926607.jpg

8587956731173652933277436230.jpg

8587956680833950038371400629.jpg

Quran recitations:

85879506998065530071192770472.jpg

85879566213220937931986156302.jpg

Prayers:

85879566213226339391662050753.jpg

85879520915996756631740838349.jpg

Andal

resident hypnotist
Janmashtami is a few days away here are a couple of photos :)

Children celebrating Lord Krishna's, birthday.
B_Id_414113_Janmashtami_.jpg

Janmashtami%20celebrations%20on%20the%20sets%20of%20Beta%20Hi%20Chahiye%20(20).JPG

Rathosavam at Tirumala
TH07_TIRUPATI_UTSAV_801078f.jpg

Thana

Lady
As a non-denominational Christian, We don't really have anything special, Our churches are just ordinary, so are our clothes and we don't have any special rituals or events that I can think of.
But I like this picture of a bible, I think it sorta portrays my religion a little.

bible.jpg

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
As a non-denominational Christian, We don't really have anything special, Our churches are just ordinary, so are our clothes and we don't have any special rituals or events that I can think of.
But I like this picture of a bible, I think it sorta portrays my religion a little.

bible.jpg

I wanna smell it!

I love the smell of old books. ^_^ Moonwater has a Bible that's about a hundred years old.

Matemkar

Hay85. I like theatrical re-enactment of religious stories. Thanks. It is great. And I believe, it is one of the best ways of getting into the events and feeling everything they have gone through.

Maybe you might like other theatres also. Here are some re-enacments, by shia muslims in Turkey, of the tragedy of Karbala. When Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Muhammad, along with his family, relatives and companions were martyred. And their women enchained and taken as captives.

ens1.jpg

(A drawing of Abul-Fadl Abbas. His bravery in the battlefield especially in breaching the enemy lines to reach the river is amazing. He wanted to do that, so he could get water for the babies in the besieged caravan. It is enchanting. He fought many times to do that, and after a few times of feeding the babies, he died trying to do it again.)

ens2.jpg

(Women and children with bowls in their hands, waiting Abul Fadl to get them some water from the river :( )

her_yer_kerbela_her_gun_asura_h605.jpg

(Crying for martyr Hussain and other braves)

cadir-yangin.jpg

(Enemies burning the tents of the caravan)

yjfghj.jpg

(the captivation of women)

o-MOVING-IMAGE-2-900.jpg

halkali-asura.jpg

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Hay85. I like theatrical re-enactment of religious stories. Thanks. It is great. And I believe, it is one of the best ways of getting into the events and feeling everything they have gone through.

Maybe you might like other theatres also. Here are some re-enacments, by shia muslims in Turkey, of the tragedy of Karbala. When Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Muhammad, along with his family, relatives and companions were martyred. And their women enchained and taken as captives.

ens1.jpg

(A drawing of Abul-Fadl Abbas. His bravery in the battlefield especially in breaching the enemy lines to reach the river is amazing. He wanted to do that, so he could get water for the babies in the besieged caravan. It is enchanting. He fought many times to do that, and after a few times of feeding the babies, he died trying to do it again.)

ens2.jpg

(Women and children with bowls in their hands, waiting Abul Fadl to get them some water from the river :( )

her_yer_kerbela_her_gun_asura_h605.jpg

(Crying for martyr Hussain and other braves)

cadir-yangin.jpg

(Enemies burning the tents of the caravan)

yjfghj.jpg

o-MOVING-IMAGE-2-900.jpg

halkali-asura.jpg

This posting and pictures are quite fascinating and seem to call out from the past. i am familiar with the city uf Karbala from American TV, also there is a public Holiday in India called Ashura. Is this parade, re-enactment related to Ashura?

Please explain to us these events, or perhaps put a special posting in the Shia forum explaining the history and story because these pictures are very interesting.

Matemkar

Armenian Christians in Iran also attend the shia Muslim mourning gatherings:

Taghribnews (TNA) - A glance at Armenian religious ceremonies for Imam Hussein

Unfortunately, the story is being repeated in Iraq.

Sadly.

This posting and pictures are quite fascinating and seem to call out from the past. i am familiar with the city uf Karbala from American TV, also there is a public Holiday in India called Ashura. Is this parade, re-enactment related to Ashura?

Please explain to us these events, or perhaps put a special posting in the Shia forum explaining the history and story because these pictures are very interesting.

It is nice you know about Ashura. And yes the parade is the re-enactment related to it. And inshaAllah I will be active in Islamic Dir soon and share some info about it and other things. Thanks. :)