• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philodoxically inclined?

How argumentative/dogmatic are you?

• 10%

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 20%

• 30%

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 40%

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 50%

• 60%

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 70%

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 80%

• 90%

• 100%

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
It varies a lot with me. I'm mostly pretty laid back, but there are a few characters who make me want to argue just for the sake of it. :p

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I went for 50% because it varies in equal proportions depending on the situation.

It may actually be less than a 50% average but on the rare occasions i go all philodoxy it can be 100% or more, in my opinion

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Philodox, and possibly Philodoxy will be defined, but I thought I would introduce a new word to our vocabulary.

PHILODOX English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com

So, to what extent do you see yourself as such? Myself, possibly 30%. :oops:

PS. If you are 0%, sorry about that, as only ten options are allowed. :D
Depends on the subject, the person, the mood...
Whatever, I think the % has reduced over recent years. I've taken a big swig of CBA. :cool:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I love a good heated argument, as long as it is productive. I'll often start arguing for the side which opposes my beliefs, so I'm not sure that I'm philodox. Maybe arguing for the other side is a strategy I've developed to protect my own opinion from the battle scars that come with heated debate--I use contrary opinions as a shield? Maybe. Maybe it's my natural contrarian nature. Who knows?

Viker

Häxan
I put 70. I can be very argumentive at times. I have moments where I could put 150. That wasn't an option and I want to argue about it. :mad::p

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I went for 50% because it varies in equal proportions depending on the situation.

It may actually be less than a 50% average but on the rare occasions i go all philodoxy it can be 100% or more, in my opinion

I admire your commitment. :p

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Philodox, and possibly Philodoxy will be defined, but I thought I would introduce a new word to our vocabulary.

PHILODOX English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com

So, to what extent do you see yourself as such? Myself, possibly 30%. :oops:

PS. If you are 0%, sorry about that, as only ten options are allowed. :D

Not intentionally. I'm introverted to others and extroverted in my own time. I dislike arguments and never intend any of my threads to be such so no. My personality isn't that way...least I dont define myself by it.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I love a good heated argument, as long as it is productive. I'll often start arguing for the side which opposes my beliefs, so I'm not sure that I'm philodox. Maybe arguing for the other side is a strategy I've developed to protect my own opinion from the battle scars that come with heated debate--I use contrary opinions as a shield? Maybe. Maybe it's my natural contrarian nature. Who knows?
One shouldn't criticise about taking the opposing position I think, unless such is just AMAZING, but nevertheless an example might suffice:

all in the best possible taste ;) - YouTube