• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pentagon caught paying PR firm $540 million to make fake terrorist videos.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Unfortunately, it is all to believable.

These are times when marketing pays off, and I don't trust the Pentagon to be ethical in its publicity efforts.

Or for that matter, with its budget choices.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
That's the title of the article in the link, not my own words. Here:
http://usuncut.com/news/pentagon-paid-pr-firm-500-million-make-fake-terrorist-videos/
"A new investigation reveals that the Pentagon paid over half a billion in taxpayer dollars to a British PR firm to fabricate terrorist propaganda."

I found it on my Facebook posted by an American friend.

What do you think?

I personally have a feeling it's a lie, but who knows!!!
I find the article suspiciously long on bold empty claims and even more suspiciously short on referenced sources.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
http://usuncut.com/news/pentagon-paid-pr-firm-500-million-make-fake-terrorist-videos/
"A new investigation reveals that the Pentagon paid over half a billion in taxpayer dollars to a British PR firm to fabricate terrorist propaganda."

What do you think?

The amount seems excessive, but then, the prices paid to contractors by government agencies is very often outrageous. It's a way for politicians to reward their friends (and punish their enemies) and keep the corporate (and often, individual) campaign donations rolling in. Contractor spending is often not carefully monitored by the agencies, and keeps a large number of "private" firms in business that would not otherwise flourish--doing "government work" without the supervision or control of professional managers...or elected politicians and their appointed agency heads.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
Been going on for years. Back in the late 1970's the UK PM Margaret Thatcher had secret meetings with the IRA, many people found this more than suspicious. The government here in the UK are also corrupt, and they have blood on their hands, as do the previous governments. The current PM Teresa May is a very devious person, but to get to these high places I guess you have to be a psychopath ! Tony Blair, former UK PM is another example, he and George W Bush lied about the Weapons of Mass Destruction and still walk free !

I've heard that the US funds ISIS, again not surprising. The UK and France may also be involved. The lunatics are running wild.

Have a listen to this UK Column News, only 41 minutes, but worth it as these guys actually bring news worthy of a news porogram.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

What do you think?

Of course it's a lie. They only paid a little over half the state amount.

Acim

Revelation all the time
I've heard this story come up a few times recently and each time I see it discussed, it doesn't seem to ever be about why, just the assumption that U.S. is doing this in cahoots with Isis / terrorist.

My understanding of why is: to track IP's of people who are watching it and thus keep (better) tabs on those individuals who are attracted to this message

That strikes me as the 'most sensible way to discuss this topic' while the other items strike me as 'here's more proof that the World Trade Center was brought down by explosives put there by the U.S. government.'

I'm okay with both discussions occurring, but surprised there's not already a well established line of distinction between what is most likely/most sensible and what is conspiracy, borderline nut-job type thinking.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Since the Cold War began following WWII, the US government has used contracts with private vendors to hide a great deal of spending on various "secret" operations, such as the CIA/USAF base known as Area 51, the development of various intelligence and weapons systems, support of regimes and rebels around the world, etc. "Pork projects" and "cost overruns" do exist and should be reduced when possible, but the existence of such objectionable activities also helps to cover the government's covert projects. Whether or not that's a good thing is a subject for another discussion.