• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Overcoming Death

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I shudder to contemplate it. I'm truly happier to realize what the Bible says about life without trouble, life without end, everlasting happiness, not nirvana, frankly.
Just as you shudder to contemplate a life which does not have everlasting happiness in a perpetual Eden, I wonder how you believe in what is written in a 3rd Century book which provides no evidence of what it says. I suppose it is your fear and denial of the fact of death, loss of your identity and final disintegration of the body to which you are so enamored. It is OK if you are happier with this imaginary scenario.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Do you suppose we or other men of prehistory arrived at the same level of development and dependence on technology and science? Only (apparently) for it to be destroyed by nature's indifference, or the more attractive possibility that it was the source of its own destruction and nigh mankind with it?

Just a thought experiment or fanciful supposition to fill in the mysterious holes in history. :)
Creations history.

Burning bursting burning cooling by spatial opening by masses removal. Space the law cooling.

Evolution said man's scientific teaching. Cooling. So don't change anything as space held the exact laws pressure to hold cooling also.

Otherwise it will burst.

What men knew.

Idea..,.I can perform the same task in a small way by my built machine.

Question....did you brothers agree to the formula as mass first and not machine?

Yes.

The greatest lie you ever told yourself as just human men.

So you said hell like the sun is in our heavens.

God. Cold spirit of evolution kept us safe below.

Hell the same as my man's will says as he'll.

Don't name it as a God. Also don't change it as a God.

Can you Blame created creation for your man's choices?

No.

As first man humans father life continuance consciousness said don't do science.

How you learnt about the real father of human life after life by human controlled chosen experiments attacks life.

As it's caused humans destruction in my human self destructive personalities choices. Who are in control as the status money...governing...trade....to be taught by humans owned consciousness.

So if the sun bursts as it cooled changed pressures burst so can our atmosphere.

The theist theories machines sciences controls about his machine. Yet puts his thesis direct relationships as the heavens mass...not any machine.

Why men said no man is God. Don't give God any name. As naming is a Humans choice only.

Experiment a man says. Is to give myself only correct answers. As I don't know I pretend only.

Man of science was never correct.

Experiment. Woman's life attacked tells him experimental truth. Which he chooses to ignore. As I'm not a scientist.

However says woman's life cell ovary is life continuance. What a man as a human body never owned.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
OK, let's take the one that Jesus resurrected after he was in the tomb 3 days -- Lazarus. Remember that? He was in the tomb for 4 days and his sister Martha told Jesus that by now he must smell! Speaking of decomposing bodies -- John chapter 11, "Jesus said: “Take the stone away.” Martha, the sister of the deceased, said to him: “Lord, by now he must smell, for it has been four days.” 40 Jesus said to her: “Did I not tell you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?” 41 So they took the stone away. Then Jesus raised his eyes heavenward+ and said: “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 True, I knew that you always hear me; but I spoke on account of the crowd standing around, so that they may believe that you sent me.” 43 When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice: “Lazarus, come out!” 44 The man who had been dead came out with his feet and hands bound with wrappings, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them: “Free him and let him go.”
But for the dead ones whose bodies are no more at all -- they, too, can be resurrected.
There's more but I'll stop there for a moment -- later. Thanks for thoughtful conversation.
It is noteworthy that there are no historical records of Lazarus being resurrected.

"A well-known member of a wealthy family in Bethany had supposedly been dead for four days, a funeral performed and the family publicly grieved. If he then appeared alive and well, and even the chief priests knew about it, then this would be something very hard to hide. The absence of any contemporary record, letter or even attempted refutation suggests the event probably never happened.

Remember that the authors of the earlier, synoptic gospels apparently knew nothing of this, the most awe-inspiring miracle performed by Jesus. All we have is a parable in Luke chapter 16, where Jesus talks hypothetically of Lazarus being resurrected."

If Lazarus was resurrected, why are there no historical sources outside the Bible to confirm this? - Quora

I believe that the story is not a literal event that happened but rather it has a symbolic meaning and it symbolizes a spiritual resurrection

Below is the spiritual interpretation, as opposed to the literal interpretation, of the Lazarus resurrection ‘story’ in John Chapter 11.

Jesus did not say that the body of Lazarus would rise again. He said rise: 23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”

Then apparently Martha assumed Jesus meant the body: 24 Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

Then Jesus said that He was the resurrection and the life and that whoever believes in Him will never die.
I believe that Jesus was talking about the eternal life of the soul, NOT the eternal life of the physical body.

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

The Martha said she believed in Jesus and that He was the Son of God: 27 She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

When Jesus said: 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die He was referring to spiritual death, not physical death, because eventually everyone dies physically.

The following verses congruent with John 11:25-26 refer to the eternal life of the soul, not the eternal life of the body.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
Can you Blame created creation for your man's choices?

No.

As first man humans father life continuance consciousness said don't do science.

How you learnt about the real father of human life after life by human controlled chosen experiments attacks life.

As it's caused humans destruction in my human self destructive personalities choices. Who are in control as the status money...governing...trade....to be taught by humans owned consciousness.

Why men said no man is God. Don't give God any name. As naming is a Humans choice only.

Experiment a man says. Is to give myself only correct answers. As I don't know I pretend only.

Man of science was never correct.

Experiment. Woman's life attacked tells him experimental truth. Which he chooses to ignore. As I'm not a scientist.

Imagine, for example, the narrative that Plato shared of Solon's claims to the historical events that befell the ancient Atlanteans. What if the Atlanteans had the high-tech power crystals that Edgar Cayce allegedly saw them utilizing in one of his dreams/visions? Could it have been this technology that ultimately bore them their demise, and perhaps we are experiencing similar effects? We humans do seem to repeat our past mistakes rather reliably, and it doesn't help that we are exceedingly proficient at forgetting/losing/destroying our historical records of events.

Perhaps Karl Marx was correct when he proposed; "With more useful technologies, comes more useless men." - Karl Marx (paraphrased and uncertain of authenticity)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The physical body coming back to life after it was dead and decomposed?
How is that possible and why would you want a physical body for all of eternity?
I certainly wouldn't count on my dreams as reality but rather a function of a brain that is far from perfect.

YoursTrue

It is noteworthy that there are no historical records of Lazarus being resurrected.

"A well-known member of a wealthy family in Bethany had supposedly been dead for four days, a funeral performed and the family publicly grieved. If he then appeared alive and well, and even the chief priests knew about it, then this would be something very hard to hide. The absence of any contemporary record, letter or even attempted refutation suggests the event probably never happened.

Remember that the authors of the earlier, synoptic gospels apparently knew nothing of this, the most awe-inspiring miracle performed by Jesus. All we have is a parable in Luke chapter 16, where Jesus talks hypothetically of Lazarus being resurrected."

If Lazarus was resurrected, why are there no historical sources outside the Bible to confirm this? - Quora

I believe that the story is not a literal event that happened but rather it has a symbolic meaning and it symbolizes a spiritual resurrection

Below is the spiritual interpretation, as opposed to the literal interpretation, of the Lazarus resurrection ‘story’ in John Chapter 11.

Jesus did not say that the body of Lazarus would rise again. He said rise: 23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”

Then apparently Martha assumed Jesus meant the body: 24 Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

Then Jesus said that He was the resurrection and the life and that whoever believes in Him will never die.
I believe that Jesus was talking about the eternal life of the soul, NOT the eternal life of the physical body.

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

The Martha said she believed in Jesus and that He was the Son of God: 27 She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

When Jesus said: 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die He was referring to spiritual death, not physical death, because eventually everyone dies physically.

The following verses congruent with John 11:25-26 refer to the eternal life of the soul, not the eternal life of the body.
Unfortunately you have the idea of soul mixed up. Take care and bye for now.

YoursTrue

Just as you shudder to contemplate a life which does not have everlasting happiness in a perpetual Eden, I wonder how you believe in what is written in a 3rd Century book which provides no evidence of what it says. I suppose it is your fear and denial of the fact of death, loss of your identity and final disintegration of the body to which you are so enamored. It is OK if you are happier with this imaginary scenario.
I believe there IS evidence as you speak of. Death is not something we humans accept easily, is it? To me, that's evidence in part that death is not the natural, normal, thing for humans and everlasting life is what is in store for faithful ones. Without too much ado, most of us go to doctors or look for means to get better if we are sick.
Furthermore, whether you think it's evidence or not, the Jews have carried the scrolls of the Bible for centuries, copying with fastidiousness. Whether others believe it as transmitting the word of God is up to them, but I have come to the conclusion, especially after speaking to many here that the Bible IS the word of God. I can actually thank you for the denials. :) And just because there is no archaeological evidence of something written does not prove that it didn't happen as written. So thanks for that. Anyway, I say this with a smile, have a nice day. Bye for now...

YoursTrue

Let's say what you say is true, although I do not agree with your statements and I am not going to present other views about your statement right now to you. Because I first of all want to understand--you'd rather believe your beliefs and not for instance, Bahai beliefs? Maybe if you talk to those of other religions here you will believe them, such as those who believe Bahai teachings. That's just one example. Anyway, take care again. :) Nice talking with you and have a good day.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Death is not something we humans accept easily, is it? To me, that's evidence in part that death is not the natural, normal, thing for humans and everlasting life is what is in store for faithful ones. Without too much ado, most of us go to doctors or look for means to get better if we are sick.
Furthermore, whether you think it's evidence or not, the Jews have carried the scrolls of the Bible for centuries, copying with fastidiousness. Anyway, I say this with a smile, have a nice day. Bye for now...
It is. Most of us atheists accept death as natural and have no ambitions for any future life as Zombies. That we go to doctors when ill to live this life as well as possible but not to escape death, which is inevitable. The scrolls are of no use to us because we do not even believe in God or Gods or his prophets and messengers. Have a nice day, you too (saying this with a smile). :D
Because I first of all want to understand--you'd rather believe your beliefs and not for instance, Bahai beliefs? Maybe if you talk to those of other religions here you will believe them, such as those who believe Bahai teachings.
I have come to my beliefs after studying Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam and science for something like 40 years. There is no evidence for which I need to change my views. Yeah, we all have the right to form our views. No problem with that. Hinduism itself has scores of philosophies, theist and atheist. :)

Last edited:

YoursTrue

It is. Most of us atheists accept death as natural and have no ambitions for any future life as Zombies. That we go to doctors when ill to live this life as well as possible but not to escape death, which is inevitable. The scrolls are of no use to us because we do not even believe in God or Gods or his prophets and messengers. Have a nice day, you too (saying this with a smile). :DI have come to my beliefs after studying Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam and science for something like 40 years. There is no evidence for which I need to change my views. Yeah, we all have the right to form our views. No problem with that. Hinduism itself has scores of philosophies, theists and atheist. :)
At's ok. So I'm looking forward to prophecies soon to be fulfilled. Matthew 24:14 in particular. Hope you have a good day. By the way, it won't be as zombies, no matter what you think now, just to clarify. But since that is your current viewpoint, again -- have a good day.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Matthew 24:14 in particular.
I do not think Matthew 24:14 should happen. We already have so much conflict in religions and preaching to all is going to bring in more. What is wrong if people follow their own religions like what you would want to do. Want to go to Afghanistan to preach Gospel to them or to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc.?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

In my opinion, I think it's possible that most of the stories about Jesus were greatly exaggerated by his ardent followers, while some stories about him—like the virgin birth, the supposed miracles he performed, and his death and resurrection—were copied and adapted from a few pagan religions that were prevalent during that historical period and predated both the Bible and Christianity.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I do not think Matthew 24:14 should happen. We already have so much conflict in religions and preaching to all is going to bring in more. What is wrong if people follow their own religions like what you would want to do. Want to go to Afghanistan to preach Gospel to them or to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc.?
Matthew 24:14 had already happened by the mid-19th century, and the 'end' of the Age of Prophecy came when the Age of Fulfillment came.

“Tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?” (Matthew 24:3)

“But he that shall endure until the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness … then shall the end come.” (Matthew 24:13-14)

This was clear enough. The end would come, and Christ would return, when His Gospel was preached throughout the world.

A study of the spread of Christianity made by scholars of the 1840’s, convinced them that the message of Christ had, by their day, already encircled the globe. The Gospel was being taught in all the continents. By 1844 it was being taught even in the interior of Africa, not by solitary missionaries, but on an organized scale. A commercial history of East Africa states: “Christian missions began their activities amongst the African people in 1844. (Year Book and Guide to East Africa, Ed. by Robert Hale Ltd., London, 1953, p. 44)

In Our Day in the Light of Prophecy, Spicer wrote that the Gospel in his day had been spread ‘to ninety-five per cent of the inhabitants of the earth.’ He added: “It was in 1842 that five treaty-ports in China were open to commerce and to missions—advance steps in the opening of all China to the Gospel. In 1844 Turkey was prevailed upon to recognise the right of the Moslems to become Christians, reversing all Moslem tradition. In 1844 Alan Gardiner established the South American Mission. In 1842 Livingstone’s determination was formed to open the African interior.”

There were many additional references which made it clear that the Gospel of Christ, and its teachers, had entered every continent by the year 1844, spreading the Word of Jesus the Christ throughout the world.

This was considered by the students of Scripture to be in exact fulfilment of the words of Christ given in Mark:

“And the gospel must first be published among all nations.” (Mark 13:10)

The millennial scholars of the 1840s felt that Christ’s first promise had been fulfilled. They felt it had been clearly demonstrated that the Gospel of Christ had been ‘preached in all the world for a witness’ and, therefore, the hour for His coming must now be at hand.”

http://bahai-library.com/pdf/s/sears_thief_night.pdf

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In my opinion, I think it's possible that most of the stories about Jesus were greatly exaggerated by his ardent followers, while some stories about him—like the virgin birth, the supposed miracles he performed, and his death and resurrection—were copied and adapted from a few pagan religions that were prevalent during that historical period and predated both the Bible and Christianity.
You are in good company, because a lot of liberal Christians agree with you. :)

What many liberal theologians believe about Jesus' death

Many liberal and some mainline Christian leaders believe that Jesus died during the crucifixion, did not resurrect himself, and was not bodily resurrected by God. At his death, his mind ceased to function and his body started the decomposition process. Returning to life a day and a half later would have been quite impossible. The story of having been wrapped in linen and anointed with myrrh seems to have been copied from the story of the death of Osiris -- the Egyptian God of the earth, vegetation and grain. The legend that he visited the underworld between his death and resurrection was simply copied from common Pagan themes of surrounding cultures. One example again was Osiris. "With his original association to agriculture, his death and resurrection were seen as symbolic of the annual death and re-growth of the crops and the yearly flooding of the Nile." 1

They also believe that Paul regarded the resurrection to be an act of God in which Jesus was a passive recipient of God's power. Paul did not mention the empty tomb, the visit by a woman or women, the stone, the angel/angels/man/men at the tomb, and reunion of Jesus with his followers in his resuscitated body. Rather, he believed that Jesus was taken up into heaven in a spirit body. It was only later, from about 70 to 110 CE when the four canonic Gospels were written, that the Christians believed that Jesus rose from the grave in his original body, and by his own power.

Later, perhaps after Paul's death, there was great disappointment within the Christian communities because Jesus had not returned as expected. They diverted their focus of attention away from Jesus' second coming. They studied his life and death more intensely. Legends without a historical basis were created by the early church; these included the empty tomb and described Jesus returning in his original body to eat and talk with his followers.

In previous centuries, almost all Christians believed in miracles as described in the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament). These included creation, the story of Adam and Eve, a talking serpent, the great flood of Noah, the drying up of the Red/Reed sea, a prophet riding on a talking ***, the sun stopping in the sky, etc. From the Christian Scriptures (New Testament), they believed in the virgin birth, the Christmas star, angels appearing to the shepherds, Jesus healing the sick, etc. Many, perhaps most, liberal Christians now believe that these stories are not to be interpreted literally as real events. Their faith has not been damaged by losing faith in the reality of these events. A growing number of liberals are now taking the final step by interpreting the stories of Jesus' resurrection and his appearances to his followers and to Paul as other than real events.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
You are in good company, because a lot of liberal Christians agree with you. :)

What many liberal theologians believe about Jesus' death

Many liberal and some mainline Christian leaders believe that Jesus died during the crucifixion, did not resurrect himself, and was not bodily resurrected by God. At his death, his mind ceased to function and his body started the decomposition process. Returning to life a day and a half later would have been quite impossible. The story of having been wrapped in linen and anointed with myrrh seems to have been copied from the story of the death of Osiris -- the Egyptian God of the earth, vegetation and grain. The legend that he visited the underworld between his death and resurrection was simply copied from common Pagan themes of surrounding cultures. One example again was Osiris. "With his original association to agriculture, his death and resurrection were seen as symbolic of the annual death and re-growth of the crops and the yearly flooding of the Nile." 1

They also believe that Paul regarded the resurrection to be an act of God in which Jesus was a passive recipient of God's power. Paul did not mention the empty tomb, the visit by a woman or women, the stone, the angel/angels/man/men at the tomb, and reunion of Jesus with his followers in his resuscitated body. Rather, he believed that Jesus was taken up into heaven in a spirit body. It was only later, from about 70 to 110 CE when the four canonic Gospels were written, that the Christians believed that Jesus rose from the grave in his original body, and by his own power.

Later, perhaps after Paul's death, there was great disappointment within the Christian communities because Jesus had not returned as expected. They diverted their focus of attention away from Jesus' second coming. They studied his life and death more intensely. Legends without a historical basis were created by the early church; these included the empty tomb and described Jesus returning in his original body to eat and talk with his followers.

In previous centuries, almost all Christians believed in miracles as described in the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament). These included creation, the story of Adam and Eve, a talking serpent, the great flood of Noah, the drying up of the Red/Reed sea, a prophet riding on a talking ***, the sun stopping in the sky, etc. From the Christian Scriptures (New Testament), they believed in the virgin birth, the Christmas star, angels appearing to the shepherds, Jesus healing the sick, etc. Many, perhaps most, liberal Christians now believe that these stories are not to be interpreted literally as real events. Their faith has not been damaged by losing faith in the reality of these events. A growing number of liberals are now taking the final step by interpreting the stories of Jesus' resurrection and his appearances to his followers and to Paul as other than real events.

As an ex-Christian and now as a Wiccan, I believe that many aspects of Christianity were significantly influenced by Greek mythology and other pagan religions, which precede both Christianity and the Bible. You'll better understand what I mean if you read "Parallels between Christianity and ancient Pagan religions." And this article, "The Bible is Fiction: A Collection of Evidence," has more examples of how Christianity parallels paganism. Paganism has had a significant impact on Christmas (see here) and Easter (see here) as well.

The stories of Jesus' crucifixion, death, and resurrection, as I've mentioned in other threads, are similar to those of Attis, the Phrygian-Greek god of vegetation (1250 BCE). According to the stories of Attis, he was divinely born of a virgin; he was hung on a tree and died; he descended into the underworld after his death; he was resurrected after three days; and he brought salvation with him upon his rebirth. Moreover, the stories about Attis and Jesus in the article "Attis: Born of a Virgin on December 25th, Crucified and Resurrected after Three Days" have a few more things in common. In fact, there are other parallels between the stories of Jesus and other pagan Christlike figures that precede both the Bible and Christianity. For example, these articles, "10 Christ-Like Figures that Predate Jesus" and "Other Gods That Rose From the Dead in Spring Before Jesus Christ," provide more examples of pagan Christlike figures whose lives parallel Jesus', including being born of a virgin, experiencing the devil's temptation before beginning an earthly ministry, healing the sick miraculously, dying to atone for humanity, descending into the underworld after death, and being resurrected from the dead after three days. Suffice it to say, I think it's reasonable to conclude that paganism has had a considerable impact on Christianity and that this influence is evident in the Bible, the stories about Jesus, and in Christian dogma, church rituals, and Christian holidays.

Personally, I don't believe we should place any more stock in the stories of Jesus, particularly his role as a savior, than in the other Christlike stories that have been mentioned thus far. Despite the assertions made by Christians that the Bible is divinely inspired by God and that Christianity is the only true religion in the world, I believe these other stories demonstrate that Christianity isn't unique and that Christian beliefs aren't distinctive. I think these stories also prove that Christianity was heavily influenced by paganism.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That too is a crutch.
I find a lot of people think they are immortal and continue to live in another realm after death.
That is their ' crutch ' so any belief can be a ' crutch ' (a support) including a future resurrection - Acts 24:15
Does, that make it wrong ___________ or a supporting help.
To me there is a false crutch and a real crutch meaning the supportive teachings of Jesus about a future resurrection.
Just because we never saw Jesus resurrect people as he did in the 1st century does not have to mean Resurrection Day will never come.( Resurrection Day meaning: Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years )

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
As an ex-Christian and now as a Wiccan, I believe that many aspects of Christianity were significantly influenced by Greek mythology and other pagan religions, which precede both Christianity and the Bible. You'll better understand what I mean if you read "Parallels between Christianity and ancient Pagan religions." And this article, "The Bible is Fiction: A Collection of Evidence," has more examples of how Christianity parallels paganism. Paganism has had a significant impact on Christmas (see here) and Easter (see here) as well.

The stories of Jesus' crucifixion, death, and resurrection, as I've mentioned in other threads, are similar to those of Attis, the Phrygian-Greek god of vegetation (1250 BCE). According to the stories of Attis, he was divinely born of a virgin; he was hung on a tree and died; he descended into the underworld after his death; he was resurrected after three days; and he brought salvation with him upon his rebirth. Moreover, the stories about Attis and Jesus in the article "Attis: Born of a Virgin on December 25th, Crucified and Resurrected after Three Days" have a few more things in common. In fact, there are other parallels between the stories of Jesus and other pagan Christlike figures that precede both the Bible and Christianity. For example, these articles, "10 Christ-Like Figures that Predate Jesus" and "Other Gods That Rose From the Dead in Spring Before Jesus Christ," provide more examples of pagan Christlike figures whose lives parallel Jesus', including being born of a virgin, experiencing the devil's temptation before beginning an earthly ministry, healing the sick miraculously, dying to atone for humanity, descending into the underworld after death, and being resurrected from the dead after three days. Suffice it to say, I think it's reasonable to conclude that paganism has had a considerable impact on Christianity and that this influence is evident in the Bible, the stories about Jesus, and in Christian dogma, church rituals, and Christian holidays.
Personally, I don't believe we should place any more stock in the stories of Jesus, particularly his role as a savior, than in the other Christlike stories that have been mentioned thus far. Despite the assertions made by Christians that the Bible is divinely inspired by God and that Christianity is the only true religion in the world, I believe these other stories demonstrate that Christianity isn't unique and that Christian beliefs aren't distinctive. I think these stories also prove that Christianity was heavily influenced by paganism.

Seems as if you never heard of 'Christendom' ( so-called Christian but mostly in name only )
Please notice what we are forewarned about at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.
'Christendom' started after the death of the apostles and fake 'weed/tares' Christians (aka 'Christendom') would grow together with genuine 'wheat' Christians until the Harvest Time ( Matthew 25:31-34 )
Remember: it was un-faithful Jews who mixed with Greek philosophy that helped create: Christendom.
'Christendom' (Not Christianity) that is heavily influenced by non-Christian non-biblical teachings.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
That's true. Wherever we so, if we are with God, we will be happy.

On the contrary, I've been happier without having the Christian God in my life. My life has improved significantly since I renounced my Christian faith and belief in God. In fact, I know that renouncing my Christian faith was the best decision I have ever made for myself. It was the best decision I've ever made for my mental health and my emotional well-being. The only thing I wish I had done differently was to disavow my Christian faith years ago instead of desperatingly clinging to the false hope and trust I had in the Christian God.