• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Out of body experiences

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So, I met someone yesterday who told me about an incident that happened and that he died for 5 minutes and came back to life... He told me that all of a sudden, he was everywhere at one time. He said he could hear peoples thoughts, and that at the bank across the street, there was a police officer with a ring of keys, and that he heard the keys jingling as he ran out of line at the bank, and that he knew what the police officer was thinking, which was that, in getting out of line, he risked missing a payment on his brand new Harley, and that he was thinking about that running over to do a rescue. He said he contacted the officer later on over the phone, and that the officer almost went into tears because that was exactly all true. All this apparently happened when he was dead.

He said he heard other peoples thoughts miles away, in their cars.

...He compared it to being 'like air' being everywhere at once. He said that all people are "connected" somehow. Everybody.

He said that when he returned to his body, it was an uncomfortable and confining experience. He felt like freedom was taken.

Could this be possible?

Yes. I prefer to call it altered state of consciousness. As for death, one is not dead (brain stopped) in clinical death just the heart. I read the heart can stay "dead" for a out three to five mins (pushing it) before the heart stops pumping oxygen to the brain. Meanwhile, I wouldn't doubt that between time we would have those experiences since the brain hasnt died. Especially those who see and hear people talking around them before waking up.

I like that movie Ghost...a lot. You know, that spirit that had a problem touching and not going through things while sitting comfortably on a sofa. I have to admit i had a crush on P. Swayze,which justifies even the most ridicolus nonsense.

Ciao

- violle

Oh yes....i remember that movie. It was a good one. Lol, yea, somehow he manages to sit on the couch without falling through, but he cant seam to stop from going through other objects.

But, it does display what i think is a truth, which is how spirits in that world have a hard time communicating in this realm and visa versa.

Question: despite your skepticism about the spirit realms existence (unless ive convinced you now:)) do you WANT it to be true?

atanu

Premium Member
I love you @atanu but if something was a "partitionless unknowable consciousness" how would one ever know to make that claim?

Since we are the knower of that empty mind.

That empty mind, as if dark and unconscious, is however the ‘root of all nature’, to a yogi. From that unchanging partitonless ground, the manifest consciousness sprouts.

Sleep is actually known by everyone. It’s apparent nature of unconsciousness is known by everyone.

But a yogi who can see the sleep in a waking condition, knows it as full-undivided consciousness whereupon the subject-object manifest consciousness rests.

Regards

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Since we are the knower of that empty mind.

That empty mind, as if dark and unconscious, is however the ‘root of all nature’, to a yogi. From that unchanging partitonless ground, the manifest consciousness sprouts.

Sleep is actually known by everyone. It’s apparent nature of unconsciousness is known by everyone.

But a yogi who can see the sleep in a waking condition, knows it as full-undivided consciousness whereupon the subject-object manifest consciousness rests.

Regards
Beautifully put. :)