• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Out of body experiences

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Why isnt the experience plausible? Is it because its outside your experiences?

Suppose I claim to have met Mickey Mouse or Superman during a NDE.

Would you consider that plausible? If not, why not? Because it does not correspond with your experience?

Ciao

- viole

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
He really stressed the part where he said all people are connected. He said that I am connected to him just as much as his own children. He said we're all connected.

I don't know why that thought was so important for him to stress.
In my Advaita beliefs we are all part of the One universal Consciousness = God/Brahman so this all makes sense to me:

Suppose I claim to have met Mickey Mouse or Superman during a NDE.

Would you consider that plausible? If not, why not? Because it does not correspond with your experience?

Ciao

- viole

The difference between mickey mouse/superman and NDEs and OBEs and there other content of ESP is that micky/superman is unheard of in experiences while the experiences of NDEs and OBEs with there ESPs are by the thousands, if not millions.

Thats the difference.

Now, if the experience of micky was by the thousands, then i would reconsider believing it.

Also, since ive had my own OBEs and a few ESPs, its not hard for me to believe the experience in the OP.

Again. Just because its outside your experiences does not mean its not within others experiences.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The difference between mickey mouse/superman and NDEs and OBEs and there other content of ESP is that micky/superman is unheard of in experiences while the experiences of NDEs and OBEs with there ESPs are by the thousands, if not millions.

Thats the difference.

Now, if the experience of micky was by the thousands, then i would reconsider believing it.

Also, since ive had my own OBEs and a few ESPs, its not hard for me to believe the experience in the OP.

Again. Just because its outside your experiences does not mean its not within others experiences.

That's a very good point.

That's a very good point.

Im glad you shared the OBE. I dont know what it will take for people to believe. They will either have to experience themselves or theres ways they can practice techniques, to see for themselves. But, that would take work. Do you think the naturalists want to do work? Lol, no, they just want to redicule and make fun of these things.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Thats the difference.

Millions experience incubuses (and succubes) lying by their bed and causing huge terror. My son for instance, sometimes he just screams in the middle of the night. That happens very often at the border between sleep and not sleep. It is called sleep paralysis, and it is terrifyingly realistic.

Do you associate the number of people experiencing that, which is probably much vaster than the number having experienced NDEs, as evidence that incubuses (and succubuses) are more plausible?

I am ready to replace Mickey with them, after your correct assessment.

Ciao

- viole

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So, I met someone yesterday who told me about an incident that happened and that he died for 5 minutes and came back to life... He told me that all of a sudden, he was everywhere at one time. He said he could hear peoples thoughts, and that at the bank across the street, there was a police officer with a ring of keys, and that he heard the keys jingling as he ran out of line at the bank, and that he knew what the police officer was thinking, which was that, in getting out of line, he risked missing a payment on his brand new Harley, and that he was thinking about that running over to do a rescue. He said he contacted the officer later on over the phone, and that the officer almost went into tears because that was exactly all true. All this apparently happened when he was dead.

He said he heard other peoples thoughts miles away, in their cars.

...He compared it to being 'like air' being everywhere at once. He said that all people are "connected" somehow. Everybody.

He said that when he returned to his body, it was an uncomfortable and confining experience. He felt like freedom was taken.

Could this be possible?
No. In fact outer body experiences are disingenuous and misleading. Nobody has ever detected anything coming out outside the body for which its more accurately and truthfully described as being an in the mind experience.

Cooky

Veteran Member
No. In fact outer body experiences are disingenuous and misleading. Nobody has ever detected anything coming out outside the body for which its more accurately and truthfully described as being an in the mind experience.

Why do you say that so many thousands of people, possibly millions throughout history, have claimed to have had such experiences? Is it a common trait within some peoples DNA to have those thoughts?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Do you associate the number of people experiencing that, which is probably much vaster than the number having experienced NDEs, as evidence that incubuses (and succubuses) are more plausible?

Why else, would you say, so many people make the claim when many had not previously had knowledge of such demons beforehand? Where does it come from?

...Are certain common imaginations engrained into human DNA for some people?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cooky

Veteran Member
Are our thoughts all predetermined by DNA coding? Our possible dreams, and imaginations? All pre-set, so that it's common for some to have nearly identical random thoughts?

Pretty much all squirrels think the same, right?

...Let's go deep.

Millions experience incubuses (and succubes) lying by their bed and causing huge terror. My son for instance, sometimes he just screams in the middle of the night. That happens very often at the border between sleep and not sleep. It is called sleep paralysis, and it is terrifyingly realistic.

Yes, i am aware of sleep paralysis. In fact, just before my own OBE experiences, sleep paralysis had taken place in me as well. Some folks have spontaneous sleep paralysis (i envy them, what they fear, i understand and embrace, they have a TALENT that there unaware of). I on the otherhand had to self induce sleep paralysis in order to have my OBEs. I did it through meditation and astral projection techniques. It was quite alot of work to do. But i was able to pull a few off. I could do more, but i just stopped putting in the work and time because of life going on, plus it interrupted my sleep patterns.

To answer that i would say since i already believe demons exist, PLUS incubuses are vast experiences, PLUS if the soul , spirit realm and NDEs and ESPs are real, then it would be quite natural that much diverse activity would be going on in that other realm of existence. Just like in this material realm has much complicated vast activity going on, likewise i would deduce the same for that other realm of reality.

So, i think NDEs, ESPs, OBEs and incubuses are all plausible. Equally plausible.

Now, one might snarl at the idea of a demon existing because of the comercialized version of it. But i do not think thats how it is. A demon is just merely a spirit being, like ourselves, but without a body. There are human spirits and angelic spirits and then hybrid spirits. I BELIEVE demons are hybrid spirits. A hybrid angelic/human spirit.

I am ready to replace Mickey with them, after your correct assessment.

Ciao

- viole

I apreciate that. And i am impressed that you said my assesement was correct on micky. Very rarely do i see someone respond that way in discussions of disagreement.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
To answer that i would say since i already believe demons exist, PLUS incubuses are vast experiences, PLUS if the soul , spirit realm and NDEs and ESPs are real, then it would be quite natural that much diverse activity would be going on in that other realm of existence. Just like in this material realm has much complicated vast activity going on, likewise i would deduce the same for that other realm of reality.

Well, yes, but that is tautological. It is clear that IF the spiritual realm exists, then it would be quite natural tthat spiritual beings exist.

Biut if that is your justification, then you cannot possibly use those beings to infer the existence of the spiritual realm without getting hopelessly circular.

So, i think NDEs, ESPs, OBEs and incubuses are all plausible. Equally plausible.

I totally agree.

Now, one might snarl at the idea of a demon existing because of the comercialized version of it. But i do not think thats how it is. A demon is just merely a spirit being, like ourselves, but without a body. There are human spirits and angelic spirits and then hybrid spirits. I BELIEVE demons are hybrid spirits. A hybrid angelic/human spirit.
Of course, your explanation makes it so much more credible. And I was so fixated with the commercial version of demons that I lost the big picture. You got me at hybrid angelic/human spirits.
What is that? A spirit with wings and bad breath? :)

I apreciate that. And i am impressed that you said my assesement was correct on micky. Very rarely do i see someone respond that way in discussions of disagreement.
Anytime.

Ciao

- viole

atanu

Premium Member
He really stressed the part where he said all people are connected. He said that I am connected to him just as much as his own children. He said we're all connected.

I don't know why that thought was so important for him to stress.

We are all connected by homogeneous primeval unborn partition less unknowable consciousness. It is not mysterious. It is the deep sleep state that we all have and all know (do not know).

Well, yes, but that is tautological. It is clear that IF the spiritual realm exists, then it would be quite natural tthat spiritual beings exist.

Yes, thats right.

Biut if that is your justification, then you cannot possibly use those beings to infer the existence of the spiritual realm without getting hopelessly circular.

And thats why i use NDEs, OBEs and ESPs that are in the thousands if not millions, in order to justify it.

All the details of that world, such as different kind of spirits and or hybrids are then theories that come from the anecdotal evidence of the NDEs, OBEs and ESPs.

Of course, your explanation makes it so much more credible. And I was so fixated with the commercial version of demons that I lost the big picture. You got me at hybrid angelic/human spirits.
What is that? A spirit with wings and bad breath? :)

Anytime.

Ciao

- viole

Lol, thats funny. I like that. But yea, it could be a spirit with wings and bad breath.

I seen this movie once and there was a scene in it that inspired a theory in me. Of course the movie is fiction, but i think it conveyed a truth.

There was this guy lost in the woods. His sister died. But, she appeared to him in a dream. But, to get his attention and ingrain the dream in his head and memory, she shape shifted herself to LOOK like a demon.

But, she wasnt a demon. She saved his life by her message in the dream. Usually scary dreams get ingrained in our memory better then non scary ones. They tend to wake our minds and emotions up more. Thats why she appeared to him as a demon.

So, my theory is this. An angel can appear LOOKING as a demon and a demon can appear looking as an angel.

Now an angel can also appear in its normal form too. So how can we tell? I think the same way we can generally tell when our gut feeling tells us this or that person is trustworthy or not.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Yes, thats right.

And thats why i use NDEs, OBEs and ESPs that are in the thousands if not millions, in order to justify it.

All the details of that world, such as different kind of spirits and or hybrids are then theories that come from the anecdotal evidence of the NDEs, OBEs and ESPs.

Lol, thats funny. I like that. But yea, it could be a spirit with wings and bad breath.

I seen this movie once and there was a scene in it that inspired a theory in me. Of course the movie is fiction, but i think it conveyed a truth.

There was this guy lost in the woods. His sister died. But, she appeared to him in a dream. But, to get his attention and ingrain the dream in his head and memory, she shape shifted herself to LOOK like a demon.

But, she wasnt a demon. She saved his life by her message in the dream. Usually scary dreams get ingrained in our memory better then non scary ones. They tend to wake our minds and emotions up more. Thats why she appeared to him as a demon.

So, my theory is this. An angel can appear LOOKING as a demon and a demon can appear looking as an angel.

Now an angel can also appear in its normal form too. So how can we tell? I think the same way we can generally tell when our gut feeling tells us this or that person is trustworthy or not.

I like that movie Ghost...a lot. You know, that spirit that had a problem touching and not going through things while sitting comfortably on a sofa. I have to admit i had a crush on P. Swayze,which justifies even the most ridicolus nonsense.

Ciao

- violle

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
We are all connected by homogeneous primeval unborn partition less unknowable consciousness. It is not mysterious. It is the deep sleep state that we all have and all know (do not know).
I love you @atanu but if something was a "partitionless unknowable consciousness" how would one ever know to make that claim?