• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origin of Our Species Pushed Back 100,000 Years!

DavidFirth

You're dodging the issue. You claimed that I "assume atheists know what they're talking about". Why did you bring up atheists? What do they have to do with this topic?

Well, let's see how smart you are. You guess and I'll tell you if you're correct or not. That's what your scientists do, after all. They guess and then you give your opinion.

Let's see if you guess right.

And do you believe in God or don't you? Easy question, yes or no.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Well, let's see how smart you are. You guess and I'll tell you if you're correct or not. That's what your scientists do, after all. They guess and then you give your opinion.

Let's see if you guess right.
You're still dodging. Why did you bring up atheists? What do they have to do with this topic?

And do you believe in God or don't you? Easy question, yes or no.
I'll keep that to myself.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No, but it does change the whole theory.
No it does not. Nothing whatsoever about evolutionary theory is changed because of this discovery. Physical principles of the solar system is not changed when Pluto was found to be not a planet. Laws of hydraulics did not change when we first found out that Titanic had sunk. There are countless billions of facts that can be discovered about the history of life that has no effect whatsoever on the evolutionary theory. This is one of them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Then you're a smart guy.

Definition of faith
plural
faiths
play\ˈfāths, sometimes ˈfāthz\
  1. 1a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty lost faith in the company's presidentb (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions acted in good faith

2. 2a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religionb (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return (2) : complete trust

3. 3: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs the Protestant faith
Definition of FAITH

I prefer the definition in Hebrews 11:1:

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
I see it as very strong confidence, rising to the level of fact/truth.

siti

Below is a bonobo and a chimp....
These are supposedly our closest living relatives....but why did the evolution boat
leave then behind? Why did they remain apes?

3303958861_0a9e999dd6_z.jpg

At what point did apes decide that they were no longer apes, but humans?
@Deeje - on what basis do you claim that the evolution "left them behind"? Chimps and bonobos (the only surviving representatives of the pan genus) have probably evolved more than humans (the only surviving representative of the homo genus) because they reproduce at an earlier age than humans so there are more generations of their direct ancestors than of ours since our family lines diverged. Modern chimps and bonobos are very different from the common ancestor we and they share and who lived over 6 million years ago. They and we remain apes despite the fact that some scientifically ill-informed apes have apparently decided no longer to consider themselves apes but a 'special creation' of the giant ape-daddy in the sky.

dave_greco_art_p7.jpg

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
@Deeje - on what basis do you claim that the evolution "left them behind"?

Don't you have to ask why no other apes have become as highly developed was we are? We might be made of the same stuff and by the same manufacturer as other "apes"....but there is a huge gulf between man and any ape in ability, intellect and reasoning and planning skills.

Humans have language and communication methods that no other "ape" has. Why? Did they just happened "accidentally"? Did the human brain just design itself with all these unique traits? Did any brain design itself?

How come only humans possess a concept of past present and future? That alone makes us unique. It also means that we are the only creatures on earth who can contemplate our own demise....and it scares the heck out of most people.

We have a collective expectation to go on living......where did that come from? Even though death is inevitable at present, we still see it as a foreign element in our lives. Especially is this true when a child dies prematurely. Grief comes from missing that individual who has passed away, and even other animals (especially companion animals) can express that loss to an extent....but only humans grieve to the depth that we do. It leaves scars on our psyche that never go away. It makes many afraid to die too.

Why is it that we need to teach our children just about every skill when most other creatures perform beautifully by instinct? I have a family of plovers who live on my block. They have hatched several clutches of eggs over the years and I am always amazed that when their babies hatch, they come out of their eggs fully able to procure their own food. Their parents do not feed them, they only protect them. Who teaches birds how to protect their young, to make nests, when none of the babies were around to learn from their parents?
How do so many species of creatures know how to migrate over thousands of miles of unknown territory to places that expect them? Instinct is an amazing thing....looks for all the world like pre-programmed wisdom to me. What program exists without a programmer?

There is the creative component in the make-up of our species that makes us want to imitate our Maker in building things...inventing things....decorating things....to landscape our surroundings and to dabble in the arts. What possible survival advantage is there is music, literature or theater? What other species paints landscapes and portraits to hang on the walls of their own constructions? What other species can communicate in a written language with a spoken alphabet? What other species feels the need to acknowledge and worship a god? Why are we so unique on this planet?.....We alone are made in the image of our Creator...that's why.

Chimps and bonobos (the only surviving representatives of the pan genus) have probably evolved more than humans (the only surviving representative of the homo genus) because they reproduce at an earlier age than humans so there are more generations of their direct ancestors than of ours since our family lines diverged.

Do any 'apes' have a moral sense, other than humans? "They have "probably" evolved more than humans"? On what possible basis do you make that claim? In all these millions of years, why have only humans advanced to this level? How are we the only species with a capacity for worship, yet some humans think that they are too clever for belief in a god? And when they ignore his counsel and implement their own ideas, why does it almost always turn into a disaster? What other species threatens all other life forms on this planet with extinction by willfully and consciously disobeying the laws of God? How clever are we really when we ignore the manufacturer's instructions?

Look at where the world is going......I don't need to tell you what all this means.

Modern chimps and bonobos are very different from the common ancestor we and they share and who lived over 6 million years ago. They and we remain apes despite the fact that some scientifically ill-informed apes have apparently decided no longer to consider themselves apes but a 'special creation' of the giant ape-daddy in the sky.

What common ancestor would that be? Who was around 6 million years ago to tell us (other than the Creator...and he is mostly ignored) All evolutionary scientists have is a hypothesis, (an idea) which they turned into a theory (possibility that an idea might be true) on the suggestion that what they believed might be true. They do not have any real evidence that proves that it ever happened the way they suppose it did. Despite what science wants us to believe, it has never in all its years of speculating about evolution, been able to provide the actual "evidence" for what they think "might have" or "could have" happened all those millenniums ago. No one was around to observe or to document any of it. The fossils are used like ventriloquist's dummies....given a voice by those who want the dummy to say all the right things. Interpretation of their evidence is on a par with Christendom's interpretation of the Bible....it sorts out the real believers from the fakes IMO.

Evolution is not an exact science because it refuses to acknowledge that adaptation is NOT necessarily proof of macro-evolution. But, hey..... we are all free to make our own choices about these things, whether we believe that the stakes are high or not. Time will tell.

I see from the Bible that God is not the only one "fishing" for men......the devil has a wide variety of bait, all designed to catch the the fish that God threw back in the water.
www_MyEmoticons_com__fishing.gif

shawn001

Don't you have to ask why no other apes have become as highly developed was we are? We might be made of the same stuff and by the same manufacturer as other "apes"....but there is a huge gulf between man and any ape in ability, intellect and reasoning and planning skills.

Humans have language and communication methods that no other "ape" has. Why? Did they just happened "accidentally"? Did the human brain just design itself with all these unique traits? Did any brain design itself?

How come only humans possess a concept of past present and future? That alone makes us unique. It also means that we are the only creatures on earth who can contemplate our own demise....and it scares the heck out of most people.

We have a collective expectation to go on living......where did that come from? Even though death is inevitable at present, we still see it as a foreign element in our lives. Especially is this true when a child dies prematurely. Grief comes from missing that individual who has passed away, and even other animals (especially companion animals) can express that loss to an extent....but only humans grieve to the depth that we do. It leaves scars on our psyche that never go away. It makes many afraid to die too.

Why is it that we need to teach our children just about every skill when most other creatures perform beautifully by instinct? I have a family of plovers who live on my block. They have hatched several clutches of eggs over the years and I am always amazed that when their babies hatch, they come out of their eggs fully able to procure their own food. Their parents do not feed them, they only protect them. Who teaches birds how to protect their young, to make nests, when none of the babies were around to learn from their parents?
How do so many species of creatures know how to migrate over thousands of miles of unknown territory to places that expect them? Instinct is an amazing thing....looks for all the world like pre-programmed wisdom to me. What program exists without a programmer?

There is the creative component in the make-up of our species that makes us want to imitate our Maker in building things...inventing things....decorating things....to landscape our surroundings and to dabble in the arts. What possible survival advantage is there is music, literature or theater? What other species paints landscapes and portraits to hang on the walls of their own constructions? What other species can communicate in a written language with a spoken alphabet? What other species feels the need to acknowledge and worship a god? Why are we so unique on this planet?.....We alone are made in the image of our Creator...that's why.

Do any 'apes' have a moral sense, other than humans? "They have "probably" evolved more than humans"? On what possible basis do you make that claim? In all these millions of years, why have only humans advanced to this level? How are we the only species with a capacity for worship, yet some humans think that they are too clever for belief in a god? And when they ignore his counsel and implement their own ideas, why does it almost always turn into a disaster? What other species threatens all other life forms on this planet with extinction by willfully and consciously disobeying the laws of God? How clever are we really when we ignore the manufacturer's instructions?

Look at where the world is going......I don't need to tell you what all this means.

What common ancestor would that be? Who was around 6 million years ago to tell us (other than the Creator...and he is mostly ignored) All evolutionary scientists have is a hypothesis, (an idea) which they turned into a theory (possibility that an idea might be true) on the suggestion that what they believed might be true. They do not have any real evidence that proves that it ever happened the way they suppose it did. Despite what science wants us to believe, it has never in all its years of speculating about evolution, been able to provide the actual "evidence" for what they think "might have" or "could have" happened all those millenniums ago. No one was around to observe or to document any of it. The fossils are used like ventriloquist's dummies....given a voice by those who want the dummy to say all the right things. Interpretation of their evidence is on a par with Christendom's interpretation of the Bible....it sorts out the real believers from the fakes IMO.

Evolution is not an exact science because it refuses to acknowledge that adaptation is NOT necessarily proof of macro-evolution. But, hey..... we are all free to make our own choices about these things, whether we believe that the stakes are high or not. Time will tell.

I see from the Bible that God is not the only one "fishing" for men......the devil has a wide variety of bait, all designed to catch the the fish that God threw back in the water.

Humans are awesome, we are destroying our planet and all living things on it, so fast it's gonna hurt us and maybe even take us out. That moral?

There have been more than one species of humans on the planet at the same time. You have 3% Neanderthal DNA in you.

Macro-evolution. was proven a long time ago

In fact, evolution was proven back in the late 1800's and not just by Darwin.

siti

@Deeje - there is so much wrong in your post I didn't really know where to start but I decided to go for a list of quotes that all need the "how the heck could you possibly you know that?" question answered. You claim that evolutionary scientists don't have any "real evidence", so where is your evidence for these claims:

How come only humans possess a concept of past present and future?
How do you know that this is true?

...only humans grieve to the depth that we do.
How can you possibly know the depth of an animals grief?

Why is it that we need to teach our children just about every skill when most other creatures perform beautifully by instinct?
How do you know that other animals do not teach their offspring some skills or that humans couldn't perform at least reasonably well on instinct once they are past the vulnerable stages of infancy?

Do any 'apes' have a moral sense, other than humans?
I don't know - do you? How?

How are we the only species with a capacity for worship
What would worship look like to a non-human animal? What evidence can you provide to show that other animals do not "worship" in some way or another? And given that a fairly significant number of humans do not (or choose not to) express this capacity, how do you know that the capacity is not there in other animals even if it is not expressed?

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
@Deeje - there is so much wrong in your post I didn't really know where to start but I decided to go for a list of quotes that all need the "how the heck could you possibly you know that?" question answered.

You mean out of all those questions, you only picked these few to answer with another question?
What about the rest?
How do you know that there is "so much wrong" with any of it? That is your opinion, and I am expressing mine. Who is "wrong" will be determined by a much wiser judge IMO.

You claim that evolutionary scientists don't have any "real evidence", so where is your evidence for these claims:

In every single article I have ever read that promotes evolution.....there is only a "suggestion" about what "might have" or "could have" happened all those millions of years ago. Scientists keen to prop up an unprovable theory have to use supposition when interpreting the "evidence" for their theory, because there are no facts. The evidence is circumstantial at best...total guesswork at worst. You knew that.....right?

Deeje said:
How come only humans possess a concept of past present and future?
How do you know that this is true?

slide_3.jpg

Who taught these guys this behavior? Do any of them consciously plan for the winter? Or are they "programmed" to do this?
What program that is designed for a purpose, has no programmer?

How can you possibly know the depth of an animals grief?

Do you see animals holding elaborate funerals or digging graves for their deceased? Do they decorate those graves and go on mourning for years? The animals who appear to grieve the loss of a mate or family member are so rare they usually either make the news or have a movie made about them.

I have owned several dogs and cats....when their time came, it made no appreciable difference to the one left behind when the other died. Animals who live in family groups like elephants or primates, and who possess a higher intellect have a very strong bond with family members and it can often manifest itself in a grieving behavior among them. But that could be them simply adjusting instinctively to a loss in the troupe. Their maternal instincts are also very strong, so that when a baby dies, their instincts are thrown into disarray.
Animals who can form a bond with humans are more likely to manifest such behaviors.

How do you know that other animals do not teach their offspring some skills or that humans couldn't perform at least reasonably well on instinct once they are past the vulnerable stages of infancy?

images
images
images
images

Every bird species builds a nest peculiar to that species, using the same materials and following the same design. Who taught them to do that when their young were not around to observe their parents constructing the nests that they were raised in? Did they do this consciously?

Other animals are nest builders too.....same scenario...same question.

The learned behaviors of animals usually pertain to procuring food so that when the young come of age, they can be self sufficient.

Deeje said:
Do any 'apes' have a moral sense, other than humans?
I don't know - do you? How?

Since morality is dictated by a brain capable of making a distinction between moral and immoral (which are purely human concepts) I will go out on a limb here and state that it is a reflection of the moral values of the Creator (since we are made in his image.) He dictated to humans what was moral and what was not. Animals do not demonstrate morality at all. It has to be taught to us, and as we see in the world today.....immorality is quite acceptable; it is seen as an expression of personal freedom, so because people have been led to believe that they are only animals, they can imitate them with impunity. Where has this led us? Is the world a better place with no morality? I don't see it. Do you?

What would worship look like to a non-human animal? What evidence can you provide to show that other animals do not "worship" in some way or another?

Animals are a part of creation, so by their very presence here, I believe that they are an awesome evidence of the Creator's creativity. Their existence speaks volumes about the one who designed them for the habitat into which he placed them....and gives praise (worship) back to their Maker with no conscious effort on their part.

And given that a fairly significant number of humans do not (or choose not to) express this capacity, how do you know that the capacity is not there in other animals even if it is not expressed?

Worship is given as part of our free will....only humans were given that capacity because we alone are made to reflect the Creator's attributes in a conscious way. We choose our actions by analyzing them in the context of past, present and future. We learn from past actions and bring them into the present choices by imagining what the outcome might be in the future. Animals do not have that capacity, nor will they ever have it. Their instincts are designed to preserve their species, not their individual lives. We, on the other hand, will hang on to life at all costs, viewing ourselves as permanent residents of this planet. We cannot imagine ourselves out of existence once we are here......yet before we were conceived by our parents, we did not exist. Why do we have a collective expectation to go on living, when death inevitably takes us all at some point? Isn't this why humans so readily accept the concept of life after death? We have an inordinate desire to go on living.....that is undeniable. When faced with death, many simply create another kind of life in an unknown realm.

Animals do what they do without a great deal of forethought. What motivates animals is instinctive. They kill almost exclusively for food...we kill for sport. (we know that there are some exceptions, but we also knows who runs this show) One action is moral for animals, but the other is not moral for humans.

God will never force any human to worship him. That has to come from the heart. The Bible says he will establish his Kingdom on earth and that he is the one who chooses the citizens who will be allowed to live there. There is strict criteria, just as any nation on earth has criteria for citizenship. Its up to us to measure up or be rejected. The Bible also tells us what happens to those ones who are rejected because they disqualify themselves by refusing to accept the terms of citizenship. Who is in a position to argue about that? :shrug:

Last edited:

siti

where is your evidence

You mean out of all those questions, you only picked these few to answer with another question?
What about the rest?
How do you know that there is "so much wrong" with any of it? That is your opinion, and I am expressing mine. Who is "wrong" will be determined by a much wiser judge IMO.
So you don't have any evidence then...some nice photos though. We've gone way off topic - especially by your conclusion. I suggest if you really want to get into discussion of animal learning, spirituality, morality...etc...it should be in another thread(s). :)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
So you don't have any evidence then...some nice photos though.

Diversionary tactics now? :D......You asked the questions...I answered them to the best of my knowledge. The photos were simply to reinforce my point. It's hard to refute something that is right in front of you, unless you have your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears.

We've gone way off topic - especially by your conclusion.

Every matter has a conclusion. It is obvious that you don't care for the conclusion that I believe is inevitable.
I guess we will have to wait and see whose conclusion is right.

I suggest if you really want to get into discussion of animal learning, spirituality, morality...etc...it should be in another thread(s).

This has been covered in detail already in response to your questions...so, what is the point?

siti

I suggest if you really want to get into discussion of animal learning, spirituality, morality...etc...it should be in another thread(s).

Diversionary tactics now? :D......You asked the questions...I answered them to the best of my knowledge. The photos were simply to reinforce my point. It's hard to refute something that is right in front of you, unless you have your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears.

Every matter has a conclusion. It is obvious that you don't care for the conclusion that I believe is inevitable.
I guess we will have to wait and see whose conclusion is right.

This has been covered in detail already in response to your questions...so, what is the point?
The point would be to present evidence on the topic in question - anyway, I think the questions are interesting - but not really directly relevant to the current thread so I have started by presenting some evidence about animal grief here Do animals grieve?

shawn001

"KENNETH R. MILLER: Not a single observation, not a single experimental result, has ever emerged in 150 years that contradicts the general outlines of the theory of evolution. Any theory that can stand up to 150 years of contentious testing is a pretty darn good theory, and that's what evolution is."

Intelligent Design on Trial — NOVA | PBS

Ken Miller Human Chromosome 2 Genome

"The phases through which chromosomes replicate, divide, shuffle, and recombine are imperfect, as DNA is subject to random mutations. Mutations do not always produce harmful outcomes. In fact, many mutations are thought to be neutral, and some even give rise to beneficial traits. To corroborate Darwin's theory, scientists would need to find a valid explanation for why a chromosome pair is missing in humans that is present in apes."

"
Is Evolution a Theory or a Fact?
It is both. But that answer requires looking more deeply at the meanings of the words "theory" and "fact."

In everyday usage, "theory" often refers to a hunch or a speculation. When people say, "I have a theory about why that happened," they are often drawing a conclusion based on fragmentary or inconclusive evidence.

The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence.

Many scientific theories are so well-established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics). Like these other foundational scientific theories, the theory of evolution is supported by so many observations and confirming experiments that scientists are confident that the basic components of the theory will not be overturned by new evidence. However, like all scientific theories, the theory of evolution is subject to continuing refinement as new areas of science emerge or as new technologies enable observations and experiments that were not possible previously...

"However, scientists also use the term "fact" to refer to a scientific explanation that has been tested and confirmed so many times that there is no longer a compelling reason to keep testing it or looking for additional examples. In that respect, the past and continuing occurrence of evolution is a scientific fact. Because the evidence supporting it is so strong, scientists no longer question whether biological evolution has occurred and is continuing to occur. Instead, they investigate the mechanisms of evolution, how rapidly evolution can take place, and related questions.

Evolution Resources from the National Academies

DNA Agrees With All the Other Science: Darwin Was Right
Molecular biologist Sean Carroll shows how evolution happens, one snippet of DNA at a time

"One of the great triumphs of modern evolutionary science, evo devo addresses many of the key questions that were unanswerable when Charles Darwin published On the Origin of Species in 1859, and Carroll has become a leader in this nascent field. Now a professor of molecular biology and genetics at the University of Wisconsin, he continues to decode the genes that control life’s physical forms and to explore how mutations in those genes drive evolutionary change. "

"It has been 150 years since Charles Darwin proposed his theory of evolution in On the Origin of Species, yet in some ways the concept of evolution seems more controversial than ever today. Why do you think that is?
It is a cultural issue, not a scientific one. On the science side our confidence grows yearly because we see independent lines of evidence converge. What we’ve learned from the fossil record is confirmed by the DNA record and confirmed again by embryology. But people have been raised to disbelieve evolution and to hold other ideas more precious than this knowledge. At the same time, we routinely rely on DNA to convict and exonerate criminals. We rely on DNA science for things like paternity. We rely on DNA science in the clinic to weigh our disease risks or maybe even to look at prognoses for things like cancer. DNA science surrounds us, but in this one realm we seem unwilling to accept its facts. Juries are willing to put people to death based upon the variations in DNA, but they’re not willing to understand the mechanism that creates that variation and shapes what makes humans different from other things. It’s a blindness. I think this is a phase that we’ll eventually get through. Other countries have come to peace with DNA. I don’t know how many decades or centuries it’s going to take us."

DNA Agrees With All the Other Science: Darwin Was Right | DiscoverMagazine.com

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
@shawn101
You do understand that offering the conclusions of evolutionists as proof for evolution is the same as offering the conclusions of creationists as proof for creation? :D It all depends on what you want to believe. What seems like scientific "evidence" is simply what some scientists assert when they interpret their findings. They have no actual proof for any of their suppositions.

Don't hold your breath waiting to get an unbiased opinion from either of them.

I personally see way more evidence for creation than I ever could for evolution....but I have a strong belief in an Intelligent Designer.

Choose your camp......that is what it's all about. If you have made your choice, then all the best with it. :)

shawn001

@shawn101
You do understand that offering the conclusions of evolutionists as proof for evolution is the same as offering the conclusions of creationists as proof for creation? :D It all depends on what you want to believe. What seems like scientific "evidence" is simply what some scientists assert when they interpret their findings. They have no actual proof for any of their suppositions.

Don't hold your breath waiting to get an unbiased opinion from either of them.

I personally see way more evidence for creation than I ever could for evolution....but I have a strong belief in an Intelligent Designer.

Choose your camp......that is what it's all about. If you have made your choice, then all the best with it. :)

When you even try to understand your personal belief and bias versus a scientific theory from all scientific disciplines, with billions, perhaps trillions of facts that support the Scientific Theory of Evolution you might start to "See the light."

But of course, you won't.

Let me ask you a question, where did the oxygen your breathing right now come from?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
]You do understand that offering the conclusions of evolutionists as proof for evolution is the same as offering the conclusions of creationists as proof for creation?
Then one has to wonder just what you're looking for. You refuse to see anything from "evolutionists" as credible, which leaves only creationists. But obviously no creationist is going to provide "proof of evolution" and then conclude that evolution is true, because that would move them from the "creationist" category to the "evolutionist" category, at which point you will reject their conclusion merely because they are an "evolutionist".

IOW, you're demanding that people show you "proof of evolution" from "non-evolutionists". That's like asking for "proof that the earth orbits the sun" from geocentrists.

Further, you've been provided with more than just some scientist concluding that evolution is true. I showed you how geneticists use the framework of evolutionary common ancestry between a wide variety of organisms to discern genetic function. Creationists have no equivalent work at all. So just from a practical application standpoint, evolution beats creationism hands down. I also showed you a mathematical test between human/primate common ancestry and a separate origin for humans, where common ancestry was the superior explanation by a wide margin.

So no Deeje, this isn't two sets of equivalent conclusions and it's merely a matter of which one you want to believe.

What seems like scientific "evidence" is simply what some scientists assert when they interpret their findings.
Um......isn't that pretty much all of science? Or do you think somehow evolution is unique in being a process by which scientists interpret data and draw conclusions from it?

Of course......you have to. As you explained, were you to go another direction your life would lose all purpose, meaning, and hope, and you would be treated like a piece of rotten fruit by your friends and family.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
When you even try to understand your personal belief and bias versus a scientific theory from all scientific disciplines, with billions, perhaps trillions of facts that support the Scientific Theory of Evolution you might start to "See the light."

But of course, you won't.

LOL....I used to believe in evolution in my youth, I even studied it for a time....but the more I learned, the more I saw amazing designs in nature that could not possibly have arisen by chance.......I 'saw the light' a long time ago. :D

I hear this all the time....'you don't understand how evolution works"...."there is overwhelming scientific evidence for evolution"....blah. blah, blah....

Actually I do understand how evolution is 'suggested' to work, but I have never seen a single shred of solid evidence that did not rely heavily on assertion and inference. No historically documented evidence is available for things that took place millions of years ago. All evolutionary science has is their 'definition' of the evidence, which is of course, always skewed towards their pet theory. We can see how it is defended with almost religious fervor. But the truth is, it has no facts or any real evidence that it ever happened beyond any creature's ability to adapt to an new environment or food source. There is no real evidence that amoebas ever became dinosaurs.

Evolution has lots of diagrams and really good computer graphics, but no proof. It is a belief system, sold to the masses by the power of suggestion. If you think that can't happen, look up "perception management". The world is molded by it.

Let me ask you a question, where did the oxygen your breathing right now come from?

It comes from a brilliantly designed system implemented by the Creator. Trees and other green vegetation breathe in what we breathe out and vice versa. There is continual recycling, unless stupid, greedy humans interfere with the process.

The oxygen itself is mixed with other essential gases in just the right combination so that we can light a fire to warm ourselves and cook our food. Too much oxygen and the smallest spark would set off an explosion..... Imagine what that could mean? :eek:

Is that correct mixture of gasses that we breathe, just an accident of nature? Is that constant recycling of those gases also just a convenient accident?

Let me ask you something....what is water? Where does it come from? What unique properties does it have that makes it essential to our existence on this spaceship we call Earth? :shrug:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Of course......you have to. As you explained, were you to go another direction your life would lose all purpose, meaning, and hope, and you would be treated like a piece of rotten fruit by your friends and family.

Yeah, yeah...shooting the messenger again....
voodoodoll_2.gif
.....we know that's all you have Mr Fly.
mornincoffee.gif

The point has always been....STOP presenting a THEORY as fact, when there are NO FACTS....just supposition.

Stop teaching children at school and students at college that evolution has "overwhelming evidence" when it has only an overwhelming amount of misinterpreted evidence....lots of suggestion, but no facts.

Teach it as theory if you must, but just be truthful about it. Is that too much to ask?

If the existence of a Creator is too threatening or too fantastic for you to believe, then ask yourself who believes that life accidentally just 'popped' into existence one day for no apparent reason, and then morphed itself into all the lifeforms we see on earth, both past and present. Your fantasy requires more faith to believe than you think mine does. :confused: