• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One God or many gods

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Islam has made a great advance by making all humans equal before God.
Since Jesus died for ALL (1st John 1:7) then 'yes' ALL can choose to worship God or Not - John 4:23-24
With the coming 'time of separation' to take place on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-34,37 it is King Jesus who chooses who are all the figurative 'sheep' and who are all the figurative 'goats'.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
All this is an apology. The fact is that child sacrifice is attested in the Jewish tradition. That cannot be the reason for attacking Canaan. There was so much wrong in those days from present perspective... Slavery, womens rights, religious freedom, and so on. Why pick the canaanites? Only crass politics of conquest.
What does 'tradition' outside of Scripture show but that those unfaithful Israelites were unfaithful.
They were forbidden to sacrifice (burn their children) as we can read at Jeremiah 32:35, etc.
The fact that God stopped Abraham and Isaac showed God would Not let them follow through. - Deut. 12:31
That was Not a sacrifice to the demons as the Canaanites and the un-faithful Israelites were doing - Psalm 106:37
The BAD kings of Israel were doing - 1st Kings 16:3; 2nd Kings 17:17-18; Jeremiah 7:30-31
Remember too the Canaanites knew (were Not ignorant) that Israel was chosen by God.
Joshua 2:9-21, 24; Joshua 9:24-27
The Canaanite influence brought their downfall - Judges 2:1-3; Judges 2:11-23; Psalm 106;34-43
Thus, the conquest of the Canaanites was Not crass politics but for the preservation of the Abrahamic covenant
- Psalm 106:45

muhammad_isa

Yes, God chose Isaac as the one over the other according to God's promise to Sarah at Genesis 21:12 named Isaac.
The 'seed' was Isaac according to Genesis 17:15-16, 19 ; Genesis 22:16 Abraham's only seed with Sarah.
No, it was Not Ishmael who was about to sacrificed - Genesis 22:5 - the lad was Genesis 22:7-12 Isaac.
..and that is important to you, because?

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
What does 'tradition' outside of Scripture show but that those unfaithful Israelites were unfaithful.
They were forbidden to sacrifice (burn their children) as we can read at Jeremiah 32:35, etc.
The fact that God stopped Abraham and Isaac showed God would Not let them follow through. - Deut. 12:31
That was Not a sacrifice to the demons as the Canaanites and the un-faithful Israelites were doing - Psalm 106:37
The BAD kings of Israel were doing - 1st Kings 16:3; 2nd Kings 17:17-18; Jeremiah 7:30-31
Remember too the Canaanites knew (were Not ignorant) that Israel was chosen by God.
Joshua 2:9-21, 24; Joshua 9:24-27
The Canaanite influence brought their downfall - Judges 2:1-3; Judges 2:11-23; Psalm 106;34-43
Thus, the conquest of the Canaanites was Not crass politics but for the preservation of the Abrahamic covenant
- Psalm 106:45
Please do read .What is History. By E H Carr. He shows that historical facts are selected by the victors. So evidence from the Bible does not help. The fact remains that Bible tells of child sacrifice. Surely God prevented abraham from doing that in that particular case. But we are considering the social context. So apology for justifying the event does not work. No aggression here.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Please do read .What is History. By E H Carr. He shows that historical facts are selected by the victors. So evidence from the Bible does not help. The fact remains that Bible tells of child sacrifice. Surely God prevented abraham from doing that in that particular case. But we are considering the social context. So apology for justifying the event does not work. No aggression here.
Isaac went along with his father Abraham. That was Not throwing minors into fire.
The account of Isaac and Abraham was showing they believed in a physical resurrection.
God stopped them, God did Not stop non-worshippers false worshippers.
Yes, the Bible tells of child sacrifice - see Jeremiah 32:35; 7:31 and 2nd Chronicles 33:6; 28:1-3
There was No resurrecting of those sacrificed children returning to life.
The Canaanites did Not burn their children to expect or see if they would come back to life.
Archaeology and the Religion of Israel - pages 76-77 ( 1968)
Archaeology and the Old Testament page 279 (1964)
Halley's Bible Handbook page 161 (1964)

muhammad_isa

'seed' is singular - Genesis 3:15 .
The promised 'seed' would only come through one 'seed' on person aka through Isaac according to Scripture.
I assume what you are trying to say is that the Bible verses you quote, prove that the Qur'an
is a fraud.

Me .. I don't see what difference it makes which son it was .. so I find it all very suspicious.
Similarly, I find the belief of Shia Muslims suspicious.

I don't think that G-d is like humans, and cares about blood-lineage.
I think that G-d cares about righteousness. :neutral:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't think that G-d is like humans, and cares about blood-lineage.
I think that G-d cares about righteousness. :neutral:
I think God cares about righteousness but uses blood-lineage to funnel of false claimants. See the prayer of Zakariya (a) in that regard, it's a paraphrased four ways in the Quran. This does not eliminate all false claimants, but makes the amount of people able to falsely claim significantly less.

Quran emphasized on the wisdom of blood-lineage in many places.

And Ismail (a) is son of Sarah (a), and there is no slavery by Ibrahim (a). The Hajar and slavery story was made to make ambiguous the prophecy towards Mohammad (s) in the Torah.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Mmmm .. and there's plenty of those.

In fact, practically all of them are .. so I'll stick with Jesus & Muhammad (peace be with them),
if you don't mind. :)
42:23 and 25:57 suffice as proof that the Mohammad and his family are together the path to God.

You do whatever you wish, the consequences of actions is for God to judge, account and enforce.

muhammad_isa

Sorry but I do not understand what you are trying to say. What does Satan have to do with multiple gods?
G-d has left us Scriptures through His Messengers.
satan (and his associates), however, would rather mislead us, and either use a 'divide & rule' policy,
or perhaps exploit our desires .. our likes and dislikes, so we will also be losers (as they are).

That is what I believe .. I believe that Jesus and Muhammad taught a straight, righteous path,
that G-d (the Father) sent them from amongst us to do that.

Bear Wild

G-d has left us Scriptures through His Messengers.
satan (and his associates), however, would rather mislead us, and either use a 'divide & rule' policy,
or perhaps exploit our desires .. our likes and dislikes, so we will also be losers (as they are).

That is what I believe .. I believe that Jesus and Muhammad taught a straight, righteous path,
that G-d (the Father) sent them from amongst us to do that.
That is wonderful for you but that is your god and not the ones I follow. Satan is not associated with any of the deities that I associate with and has no meaning. I hope you are not insinuating that the deities I follow have anything to do with Satan who is your gods problem and has nothing to do with the other gods and goddesses of the world.

muhammad_isa

I hope you are not insinuating that the deities I follow have anything to do with Satan who is your gods problem and has nothing to do with the other gods and goddesses of the world.
I think you know well, the teachings of Abrahamic religion.
It is monotheistic.

I believe that if we follow multiple gods, they are of our own invention, and cannot cause us to prosper..
.. cannot guide us .. so what would be the point, other than pastime or amusement?

idea

Question Everything
If multiple powerful beings exist, that would certainly explain the many different religious groups. Perhaps each group really is following one of the gods, but no group reigns supreme because none of the higher powers are all-powerful lol.

Bear Wild

I think you know well, the teachings of Abrahamic religion.
It is monotheistic.

I believe that if we follow multiple gods, they are of our own invention, and cannot cause us to prosper..
.. cannot guide us .. so what would be the point, other than pastime or amusement?
Well I sorry to tell this but you are wrong. You jealous god may not like other gods or goddesses but your god is the one deceiving you. Your god does not want you to know the truth. The real wisdom comes from the many gods and goddess. They are not jealous and respect each others wisdom. It is your god that cannot even guide you to live in harmony with the world. So if you like that kind of god so be it but do not insult others just because of your jealous god.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
That is wonderful for you but that is your god and not the ones I follow. Satan is not associated with any of the deities that I associate with and has no meaning. I hope you are not insinuating that the deities I follow have anything to do with Satan who is your gods problem and has nothing to do with the other gods and goddesses of the world.
Multiple Gods is negation of God.