• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, Let's Do This: Homosexuality

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
1) Homosexuality is not a choice, according to both neuroscience and the APA. Deal with it.

ETA: Gay Men, Straight Women Have Similar Brains

2) It's not unnatural. It's rampant in the animal kingdom, and whether you like it or not, humans are animals.

3) It's not immoral. It's not comparable to pedophilia, bestiality, or incest. What part of informed consent do you people not understand?

4) No one's shoving it down your throat. Queer pride is a counter-movement with the goal of educating people so they'll stop forcing THEIR "lifestyle choices" down OUR throats. If you'd leave us alone, we'd do the same.

:rainbow1:

Last edited:

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
I for one have no beef with the peaceful pursuit of happiness and fulfilment in life, and nor should anyone else for that matter :)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
No, probably not. Gotta try, though, and there are people out there who are merely ignorant.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
1) Homosexuality is not a choice, according to both neuroscience and the APA. Deal with it.

2) It's not unnatural. It's rampant in the animal kingdom, and whether you like it or not, humans are animals.

3) It's not immoral. It's not comparable to pedophilia, bestiality, or incest. What part of informed consent do you people not understand?

4) No one's shoving it down your throat. Queer pride is a counter-movement with the goal of educating people so they'll stop forcing THEIR "lifestyle choices" down OUR throats. If you'd leave us alone, we'd do the same.

To play Devil's advocate for a moment, you never linked to any neurological studies or anything. This could be comparable to spouting dogma.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
To play Devil's advocate for a moment, you never linked to any neurological studies or anything. This could be comparable to spouting dogma.
Waiting for responses, got them at the ready. Might as well put them in the OP, though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
These arguments will have no impact on homophobes.
By my observation, the only thing that might affect a homophobe is when its their own kid, or someone really close. Even then its a maybe. I ussed to point out to the homophobe teenagers I taught that the worst homophobes at that age were gays themselves, just trying to convince everyone else they weren't gay. That usually settled them down a bit.

Skwim

Veteran Member
And even if it was a choice, so what? Some people choose to be nudists, some choose to live in seclusion, some choose to be vegetarians, and others choose to engage in heterosexual B&D. Would the choice to be homosexual be any worse? Of course not, but if it takes science to finally get the jerks off their backs and into a begrudging acceptance then maybe that's what will have to happen.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
And even if it was a choice, so what? Some people choose to be nudists, some choose to live in seclusion, some choose to be vegetarians, and others choose to engage in heterosexual B&D. Would the choice to be homosexual be any worse? Of course not, but if it takes science to finally get the jerks off their backs and into a begrudging acceptance then maybe that's what will have to happen.
Nice addition.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!

ETA: Gay Men, Straight Women Have Similar Brains
Yeah, show me a peer-reviewed study. You value it so much when a theist or anyone you disagree with says something, but not when a one-off study agrees with you.
So is cannibalism, and I'm hungry...get in mah belly
NAMBLA says the same thing, your point?

Yeah, and if we agreed to leave you alone, you would(and do) still insist on shoving your beliefs down our children's throats, ala the education system. You people(and I'm not specifically talking about gays) insist that your values are the best, and only moral ones, yet when others protest, you're being oppressed, so ******* asinine. For the rest, I'm done with the trollbait that is this thread.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
As I thought, substantial refutation escapes you, therefore Ad homeneim is the immediate resort. Oh, and Luis, she didn't try, this thread is just bait.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
As I thought, substantial refutation escapes you, therefore Ad homeneim is the immediate resort. Oh, and Luis, she didn't try, this thread is just bait.
That's your idea of "substantial refutation?" Bull and ****.

This thread was not bait, you're just a troll.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
I did, and you didn't like it, so you resorted to a personal attack. No point in reiterating that which you fail to understand and absorb.