• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Of Perfect Health or a Million Bucks

kadzbiz

Would putting up with your current health condition be sated by acquiring $1M or would having perfect health in every way help you achieve all your desires making a $1M acquisition irrelevant? Having given this some thought in the past, I've settled on having perfect health. My physical condition has held me back in many ways many times, and my mental health has caused (and to some degree still causes) me numerous problems and resulted in plenty of regrettable choices. I believe I could earn enough extra money with perfect health to acquire the extra things I can't afford today.

02.jpg

Which would you choose?

EDIT - So, the choice takes place from today, and anything can happen tomorrow. You could get hit by a bus or you could be sued for all you're worth.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Would putting up with your current health condition be sated by acquiring $1M or would having perfect health in every way help you achieve all your desires making a $1M acquisition irrelevant? Having given this some thought in the past, I've settled on having perfect health. My physical condition has held me back in many ways many times, and my mental health has caused (and to some degree still causes) me numerous problems and resulted in plenty of regrettable choices. I believe I could earn enough extra money with perfect health to acquire the extra things I can't afford today.

02.jpg

Which would you choose?

I guess it would depend on how one defines "perfect health" (and how long it would actually last). If I can have the body of a 20-year-old until I'm 120 years old, then that would work.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
So, the first thing that came to mind upon reading the OP was a scenario in which the beneficiary chooses perfect health and then dies in a car accident the following day. Stuff happens.

Obviously, one's choice will be informed by one's personal situation. I'm 77 and have just recently been diagnosed with stage-3 lung cancer. The choice I'd make today may not be the choice I would have made fifty years ago.

kadzbiz

I guess it would depend on how one defines "perfect health" (and how long it would actually last). If I can have the body of a 20-year-old until I'm 120 years old, then that would work.
i didn't think it would be such a complicated question. your current age, all ailments and conditions and impairments gone. aging normally from here on in, whatever comes.

So, the first thing that came to mind upon reading the OP was a scenario in which the beneficiary chooses perfect health and then dies in a car accident the following day. Stuff happens.
wouldn't matter which you chose then
Obviously, one's choice will be informed by one's personal situation. I'm 77 and have just recently been diagnosed with stage-3 lung cancer. The choice I'd make today may not be the choice I would have made fifty years ago.
sorry to hear about your condition. so we're talking about today obviously.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Delightfully wishful thinking! :cool: At 75, my only problem is a bit of mechanical failure in lower spine and hip that makes walking a bit of an issue -- I do it, but it bloody hurts! Everything else is good. But tragically, I can remember (I have an excellent memory even now) I remember what a 20-year-old body is like -- and at 75 you don't get to have one. Nope. Not for ready money nor the best prayers you can devise.

:)

kadzbiz

Well I can manage without perfect health. :D
ok fine, I'll take the other $500k lol.

Delightfully wishful thinking! :cool: At 75, my only problem is a bit of mechanical failure in lower spine and hip that makes walking a bit of an issue -- I do it, but it bloody hurts! Everything else is good. But tragically, I can remember (I have an excellent memory even now) I remember what a 20-year-old body is like -- and at 75 you don't get to have one. Nope. Not for ready money nor the best prayers you can devise.

:)
Yes, it's wishful lol. But then, I'm throwing it out there for fun, so it was your choice. Since you're happy enough with your health, here, take a $1M :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd take the money.

I could use a portion to treat my health issue and/or purchase good health insurance while giving the rest to various charities and those in need.

kadzbiz

I'd take the money.

I could use a portion to treat my health issue and/or purchase good health insurance while giving the rest to various charities and those in need.
that's nice if your health issues aren't too significant, and treatable. as for the money, it is yours to do with as you wish ;)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
that's nice if your health issues aren't too significant, and treatable. as for the money, it is yours to do with as you wish ;)
I imagine even if they were, my decision would be the same. This body is going to give out at some point anyway. Might as well bring joy to others in need in the process.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'd probably take the money. Good knees, no IBS, my shoulder as good as it was this time last yeat would be great, but it would be back to the same crap jobs I've normally worked because I've struggled to get decent and gainful employment. At least with the money I could secure material needs, invest, and set things up to make more money with a business and have the money to hire someone for marketing (where I struggle).
Perfect health over the money would just put me back to where I'd rather not be, while the money would keep me boss, dumb rules, set hours, and dress code free. I've just been too long without those things that going back would be a cruel and unusual torture.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

02.jpg

Which would you choose?

EDIT - So, the choice takes place from today, and anything can happen tomorrow. You could get hit by a bus or you could be sued for all you're worth.
The Million Dollars as life is constantly full of challenges, you can have perfect health and lose others lives, lose your job, get a crappy boss, get a crappy neighbor etc. With a Million Dollars even if my life is short or filled with pain I can create moments of brillant happiness and that is what I am after in life. I don't care about living long, I just want to be as happy as I can.

kadzbiz

The Million Dollars as life is constantly full of challenges, you can have perfect health and lose others lives, lose your job, get a crappy boss, get a crappy neighbor etc. With a Million Dollars even if my life is short or filled with pain I can create moments of brillant happiness and that is what I am after in life. I don't care about living long, I just want to be as happy as I can.
As long as you don't get robbed, scammed orforced into giving over all your money in a myriad of ways. ;)