• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OBJECTIVE OF LIFE : worshiping God

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
In my opinion, worshiping is objective of creation of human. To me, best way of worship is five daily prayers to God at prescribed times with all dues and attentions. To inculcate a living connection between God and humanity, reformation without use of force is needed. It was called by Ahmadiyya Muslim Caliph while speaking about prayers in a recent Ghana gathering. Faith with peace and love is needed to be taken to the ends of world. Religion never spreads with wealth and might. Success to achieve this huge goal demands prayer / salat….Love for all hatred for none.

(dear sir : hopefully no rules for posting are broken )

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
Prayer is not the objective of life in my opinion. Shocked how somone can say that with confidence...

kai

ragamuffin
any god who wants you to pray to him five times a day , could be considered pretty vain,in my book. narcissistic in fact

Bishadi

In my opinion, worshiping is objective of creation of human.
Since creation is a word used by man, as each word is a creation by mankind, then worship is a creation of man.

To me, best way of worship is five daily prayers to God at prescribed times with all dues and attentions.
But what is the precept of prayer was again created to show homage within the eyes of man. And to honor the commitment offers you the comfort of fulfilling the requisite as taught to you, again by man.

To inculcate a living connection between God and humanity, reformation without use of force is needed.
Here here… let’s all agree!

It was called by Ahmadiyya Muslim Caliph while speaking about prayers in a recent
Ghana gathering. Faith with peace and love is needed to be taken to the ends of world. Religion never spreads with wealth and might. Success to achieve this huge goal demands prayer / salat….Love for all hatred for none.
If it was that easy, then it would have already occurred. The problem is that once a set of rules and governing ideas about nature and physical interactions within nature, then divisions occur.

The single combining entity to bring peace within the human species is for knowledge to be equally true to both nature and theology and the very first precept is to remove magic and omnipotence as the answers to truth.

Meaning the very first truth each and every person alive must realize is that every form of verbal, written and symbolized articulation between our species was created by our species and not a magical existence; words are the creation of man/women. That first starting point would make a quality foundation for breaking down all walls; for Peace.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Meaning the very first truth each and every person alive must realize is that every form of verbal, written and symbolized articulation between our species was created by our species and not a magical existence; words are the creation of man/women. That first starting point would make a quality foundation for breaking down all walls; for Peace.
This reminds me of the philosophy of the Sea of Faith movement:
...ideas - including religious ideas such as "God" and "heaven" - cannot be understood apart from the language systems that created them. ...no truths in the world arrive untouched by human hand. Truths are made within human culture and language. Ideas, beliefs, faiths: we made them all up - not, of course, as isolated individuals or lone craftsmen, but as communities, groups, collectives, cultures.
...religious practices and "truths", like everyone else's, are socially constructed, made by human communities and not laid down by gods or ghosts or denizens of a supernatural realm. So, since faith systems were man-made, created to fill certain needs at particular times in specific places, we know we can remake them for our needs, our times, our place. We can ordain gays - or abolish the priesthood: create "green" rituals - or abandon ritual: make God female - or re-fashion him/her as the symbol or imaged incarnation of wholly human values such as mercy, pity, peace and love.

emiliano

In my opinion, worshiping is objective of creation of human. To me, best way of worship is five daily prayers to God at prescribed times with all dues and attentions. To inculcate a living connection between God and humanity, reformation without use of force is needed. It was called by Ahmadiyya Muslim Caliph while speaking about prayers in a recent Ghana gathering. Faith with peace and love is needed to be taken to the ends of world. Religion never spreads with wealth and might. Success to achieve this huge goal demands prayer / salat….Love for all hatred for none.

(dear sir : hopefully no rules for posting are broken )
To me the objective of prayer is to get us in the presence of God, and is a gift from God to us, so this doesn’t sit squarely with my system of beliefs “best way of worship is five daily prayers to God at prescribed times with all dues and attentions“, does this means that God has a set working hours regime?, Does God need prayers? When should we pray? What is the objective of Prayers? I believe that prayers are part of worshiping God, God bless us at any time of the day or night and when He does, is time to pray and worship Him, God is our refuge in times of troubles, whenever we are in the midst of trails and tribulations, then is the time to pray, when we are liberated from them, is time to worship, I really have a problems with the office working hours. I like this one better than that the Caliph’s concept.
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in Heaven.
Or as someone said earlier “5 random acts of kindness go further”

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Prayer in my opinion is a form of communication with God. It is our way of bringing our petitions to God. I have faith that no matter what it is, I can take it to God and He will answer my prayer. He may not answer every prayer the way I think it should be answered but according to His will. The scripture "Pray without ceasing" means to have a prayerful attitude.....Not in the sense of stop everything and drop to your knees type of prayer.

God inhabits the praises of His people. He delights when we praise him...He doesn't demand us to praise Him. He doesn't tell us to do it " X" amount times a day. We do it because we desire to do it. God likes that unsolicited praise.

Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience James 1:3 :yes:

emiliano

Charity wrote:
Prayer in my opinion is a form of communication with God. It is our way of bringing our petitions to God.
Well said! That’s is my understanding of it, but this communication is not always to ask for favours, it is also part of worshiping.
I have faith that no matter what it is, I can take it to God and He will answer my prayer. He may not answer every prayer the way I think it should be answered but according to His will. The scripture "Pray without ceasing" means to have a prayerful attitude.....Not in the sense of stop everything and drop to your knees type of prayer.
There are people that have a very unsuccessful prayer life and abandon this practice, you are so right, we must have faith that whatever His answer is, it is the best for our life, and it could be a No, many people looses faith when they don’t get everything they ask for in prayer.
Think on this one “Not in the sense of stop everything and drop to your knees type of prayer” question when do we pray then? I believe that we must do it whenever we are in trouble and when He bless and take us out of the situation, when He gives us peace and rest. Mat 11:28 Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
We believe that when we call on the Lord we are approaching the presence of the Almighty, and we must do this with a reverential fear, thus we fall on our knees.

God inhabits the praises of His people.

And there you have it “praises” notice it is not when we are asking for something,
He delights when we praise him...He doesn't demand us to praise Him.
Yes He does delights in our praising (thanksgiving)
He doesn't tell us to do it " X" amount times a day. We do it because we desire to do it. God likes that unsolicited praise.
Amen. Mar 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive it so that also your Father in Heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Mat 6:8 Therefore do not be like them, for your Father knows what things you have need of, before you ask Him.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
Sorry to state BUT life has no OBJECTIVES.
Individuals can have objectives BUT that too till they are Enilghtened.
Can objectives means desires which is an hindrance to enlightenment.
Once free of desires the individual automatically becomes enlightened and free from all objectives.
The individual is no more an individual he becomes a part of the universal Just a BEING.
He just IS.
Love & rgds

emiliano

Friends,
Sorry to state BUT life has no OBJECTIVES.
Individuals can have objectives BUT that too till they are Enilghtened.
Can objectives means desires which is an hindrance to enlightenment.
Once free of desires the individual automatically becomes enlightened and free from all objectives.
The individual is no more an individual he becomes a part of the universal Just a BEING.
He just IS.
Love & rgds
But Enlightenment is an objective, it is the pursuit of becoming part of the universal, so without the desire to become enlighten (the objective) there is nothing, are you saying that when one is enlighten, one become part of nothing?