• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Iran nuclear plan is working

factseeker88

factseeker88
According to the UN inspectors Iran nuclear material is no longer a threat, thanks to Obama holding the fort against the hawkish Republicans.

:yes::yes::yes:

"This moment is your life." Omar Khayyam

"Our belief or disbelief of a thing does not alter the nature of things” Tillotson

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I don't think the plan here is to deny nuclear arms to Iran because I don't think Iran ever intended to build any. People often say 'But what if they did build one, Lord Quatermass!?' To which I reply: 'Well then they'd have one.'

What I think the real plan is to deny Iran the opportunity to become a competitive world power by denying them nuclear power, which they need badly to support their growing infrastructure.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I don't think the plan here is to deny nuclear arms to Iran because I don't think Iran ever intended to build any. People often say 'But what if they did build one, Lord Quatermass!?' To which I reply: 'Well then they'd have one.'

What I think the real plan is to deny Iran the opportunity to become a competitive world power by denying them nuclear power, which they need badly to support their growing infrastructure.

There have been too many points in time when Iran could have furthered that goal, but refused to do something or other. I think they are very determined to get a nuclear weapon and are good at hiding that fact.

Maybe its just because I'm a cynic, and if I were them that's what I'd be doing.

Tom

factseeker88

factseeker88

You either believe the knowledgeable UN nuclear inspectors, employees who have nothing to gain or lose.

"Our belief or disbelief of a thing does not alter the nature of things” Tillotson

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
There have been too many points in time when Iran could have furthered that goal, but refused to do something or other. I think they are very determined to get a nuclear weapon and are good at hiding that fact.

Tha's what you've been told. I've discovered from travelling far and wide and having lived in Iran for three years that what people are told by our media isn't actually what goes on in the world. Particularly in regards to Iran.

factseeker88

factseeker88

Maybe its just because I'm a cynic, and if I were them that's what I'd be doing.

Tom

It isn't about Iran, never has been. It's about the Russian nuclear power engineers, and now that the UN inspectors has declared that Iran nuclear material is no longer a threat, the long vigil is finally over.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
According to the UN inspectors Iran nuclear material is no longer a threat, thanks to Obama holding the fort against the hawkish Republicans.

Do you really believe that? Iran and nuclear shouldn't ever be in the same sentence nor would I trust Irans intentions. At any rate, there is no such thing as "no longer a threat" with any amount of nuclear material. Especially involving a country that would just love to see the free world irradiated into oblivion that dosent meet their criteria if givin a chance.

factseeker88

factseeker88
Do you really believe that? Iran and nuclear shouldn't ever be in the same sentence nor would I trust Irans intentions. At any rate, there is no such thing as "no longer a threat" with any amount of nuclear material. Especially involving a country that would just love to see the free world irradiated into oblivion that dosent meet their criteria if givin a chance.

It's not a matter of whether you trust Iran or not. It's about neutralizing their Nuclear Threat, and that is what the UN team did. If you don't trust Iran for your own reasons, that's a different issue.

:confused::confused::confused:

ametist

What is the reason Iran can be a bigger threat if they hold it as a nuclear weapon but not other countries? have we really been proved that other countries that do have nuclear power as weapon force are saner and better? especially when it comes to considering that there is no secure way of using a nuclear weapon? for the environment? for the innocent? it simply is a means of mass destruction whoever has it. how can someone have legitimacy over it while denying it to others?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Iran having nukes is a bigger risk to us & its neighbors than their not having nukes.
But as you point out, many of these neighbors having nukes is an increased risk too.
So why do some get them & some don't? Simply cuz we, in our caprice, say so.
Given our history with Iran (the coup, the killing of many thousands with WMDs
we supplied to Iraq in their attack on Iran, Stuxnet, etc), it makes sense that they'd
want to join the nuclear weapons club. And Americastan is hypocritical to oppose it.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It's not a matter of whether you trust Iran or not. It's about neutralizing their Nuclear Threat, and that is what the UN team did. If you don't trust Iran for your own reasons, that's a different issue.

:confused::confused::confused:

It is not that I don't trust Iran. It's that I do trust them to be as ruthless, pragmatic, and deceitful as my own country.

Iran is surrounded by nuclear powers. India, Pakistan, Russia, Israel and other "US protectorates" like Saudi Arabia. Why should Iran remain a second class power for lack of weaponry most everyone else has?

I think they are planning a future that includes a much more influential Iran, and "the bomb" is a necessity to their ambitions.

I completely trust Iran to behave like the USA does, whenever possible.

Tom

esmith

Veteran Member
It is not that I don't trust Iran. It's that I do trust them to be as ruthless, pragmatic, and deceitful as my own country.

Iran is surrounded by nuclear powers. India, Pakistan, Russia, Israel and other "US protectorates" like Saudi Arabia. Why should Iran remain a second class power for lack of weaponry most everyone else has?

I think they are planning a future that includes a much more influential Iran, and "the bomb" is a necessity to their ambitions.

I completely trust Iran to behave like the USA does, whenever possible.

Tom

I may trust the people of Iran but I do not trust their religious zealots that are their leaders.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah... the UN? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

Obama's sad excuse for foreign policy cannot be held accountable for this, LOL. The Iranian regime is crazy, not stupid. Pay attention.

Wirey

Fartist
What is the reason Iran can be a bigger threat if they hold it as a nuclear weapon but not other countries?

The Iranian government has stated that they wish to "eradicate" Israel. Name every other nuclear power who have stated that they wish to eradicate another nation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Iranian government has stated that they wish to "eradicate" Israel.
This is a claim often made, but I've yet to see it well supported.
But consider this. Iran has been directly attacked by the US in the 1953 coup which installed the Shah to replace a democratically elected leader. Then we supplied Iraq with chem & bio weapon materials to use against Iran. Then we....you get the picture...Iran has good reason to fear & hate us & our allies. With Israel as our hand maiden in the region, should we not expect violent rhetoric?
Consider too that Iranians aren't idiots. Everyone knows that if Iran ever attacked Israel, Americastan would make Iran glow in the dark. Just ask people in Hiroshima & Nagasaki about what happens when you really p**s us off.

Name every other nuclear power who have stated that they wish to eradicate another nation.
The US never actually stated this desire, but has actually done it.
It's now the 50th state.

Last edited:

Wirey

Fartist
This is a claim often made, but I've yet to see it well supported.
But consider this. Iran has been directly attacked by the US in the 1953 coup which installed the Shah to replace a democratically elected leader. Then we supplied Iraq with chem & bio weapon materials to use against Iran. Then we....you get the picture...Iran has good reason to fear & hate us & our allies. With Israel as our hand maiden in the region, should we not expect violent rhetoric?
Consider too that Iranians aren't idiots. Everyone knows that if Iran ever attacked Israel, Americastan would make Iran glow in the dark. Just ask people in Hiroshima & Nagasaki about what happens when you really p**s us off.

The US never actually stated this desire, but has actually done it.
It's now the 50th state.

I've actually only read the quotes, so you may be right. But I will suggest that conquering or absorbing a country is different that eradication.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've actually only read the quotes, so you may be right. But I will suggest that conquering or absorbing a country is different that eradication.
The risk of Israel's eradication is just posturing to justify over-reaction.
I don't trust their or my government to give me an accurate assessment.
Whom has Iran conquered lately? Its record is better than its accusers'.

xkatz

And then Saudi Arabia buys nukes from Pakistan. I don't think any sane person would want a country that sponsors and funds Wahhabi ideology armed with nuclear weapons.