• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Everything remains the same..................Really?
Is lawlessness on the increase?

Starting with Cain in Genesis we can see increase in global troubles by man just as Jesus said at Matthew 24:6-7
Lawlessness is a reason why we are all invited to pray to God asking for Jesus to come !
Come and rid the Earth of wickedness - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15; Micah 4:3-4

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think its partly due to the removal of a cloistered country now exposed to the harsh realities in media.

No more family hour, one parent working while the other takes care of the children etc.

People grow up violent because we now live in an open violent culture that glorifies the criminal more than the superheroes.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's the liberals who destroy neighborhoods with their policies and cause crime to go up.
The left are relentless in putting on thumb screws and forcing subservience on others by mandates and regulations that take the fun out of life.

It's bound to create a considerable amount of anger and frustration.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Everything remains the same.

Really?

Is lawlessness on the increase?
Actually violent crime is way down compared to 1990. See the following graph: Reported violent crime rate in the U.S. 2021 | Statista
The year highest in crime was 1991. The year that was lowest was 2016. You can say we are more violent now than in 2016. But when you look back to 1991, you see we are doing pretty darn well.

When we discussed this in my university class, I learned that a major theory in this drop in crime has to do with the boomer generation simply aging out. You see, almost all violent crime is done by young men. In 1990 we had considerably more young men, thus we had more violent crime then.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Actually violent crime is way down compared to 1990. See the following graph: Reported violent crime rate in the U.S. 2021 | Statista
The year highest in crime was 1991. The year that was lowest was 2016. You can say we are more violent now than in 2016. But when you look back to 1991, you see we are doing pretty darn well.

When we discussed this in my university class, I learned that a major theory in this drop in crime has to do with the boomer generation simply aging out. You see, almost all violent crime is done by young men. In 1990 we had considerably more young men, thus we had more violent crime then.
I suppose the rate more or less halving over a few decades doesn't mean much to many - when they can always point to a few anecdotes. :oops:

nPeace

Veteran Member

I guess, we really have to dig, to find out what the real truth is.

Reported crime may be falling, but is lawlessness increasing?
While our government reports reflect falling trends of violent crime, our news — coupled with our own observations — paint a different image. Lawlessness is rampant and growing. Is this lawlessness not only ignored but condoned by our local governments’ actions?

Just this January, PEW research reported that violent crime has fallen sharply by 49 percent since 1993. However, “…in the much more common category of property crime, only about a third (36 percent) were reported.” Pew also tells us that there is only an 18 percent national clearance rate for these; that is 18 percent of the 36 percent reported which reflects that less than 7 percent of property crimes are solved. Is it any wonder that people decline to report property crime?

nPeace

Veteran Member
I still can't get over how that guy is trying to take cover behind those tiny children.
You would think protecting the children would be the compassionate thing to do, but I guess that highlights how accurate these words are.
It's as though persons were reading and watching our news today, nearly two thousand years ago.

They hit the ground hard though. I hope they are okay.
Nowadays, you have to keep your eyes pealed, or you could become someone's shield.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I suppose the rate more or less halving over a few decades doesn't mean much to many - when they can always point to a few anecdotes. :oops:
Maybe those many, know something that others are not aware of, and have not taken the time to look.
I mean, we only have to look around to realize that we have not been told the half of it.
People have eyes, and they use them. That's good.
Ears sometimes hear whispers, over the loud shouts. I don't know how they get that done. Maybe it's a gift. :D

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Maybe those many, know something that others are not aware of, and have not taken the time to look.
I mean, we only have to look around to realize that we have not been told the half of it.
People have eyes, and they use them. That's good.
Ears sometimes hear whispers, over the loud shouts. I don't know how they get that done. Maybe it's a gift. :D
It's not a gift - it's a bias - especially when the figures contradict what one tends to believe. Have you read Pinker's book, even though it has been criticized, the figures tend to support his thesis that violence has tended to drop over the last several decades. And we can often get blips over a few years - but this can't go against an overall trend. :oops:

nPeace

Veteran Member
It's not a gift - it's a bias - especially when the figures contradict what one tends to believe. Have you read Pinker's book, even though it has been criticized, the figures tend to support his thesis that violence has tended to drop over the last several decades. And we can often get blips over a few years - but this can't go against an overall trend. :oops:
Pinker's book? Has that gone to heaven amd returned pure? :D What makes that so special, besides the fact that the figures don't contradict what you tend to want to believe?