• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea Releases 3 U.S. Citizens

Kapalika

Premium Member
A broken clock is right twice a day. Or in Trump's case, he sometimes does something good or right when bumbling about, sometimes a loose cannon hits it's intended target... something another idiom.

You get the idea. The guy isn't the brightest but that probably helps as NK's leader ain't the brightest either. I'm sure they would get along pretty well and be friends once they got to know each other, Trump even said so himself:

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

"Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!"

TBH that's probably my favorite Trump quote ever.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A broken clock is right twice a day. Or in Trump's case, he sometimes does something good or right when bumbling about, sometimes a loose cannon hits it's intended target... something another idiom.

You get the idea. The guy isn't the brightest but that probably helps as NK's leader ain't the brightest either. I'm sure they would get along pretty well and be friends once they got to know each other, Trump even said so himself:

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

"Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!"

TBH that's probably my favorite Trump quote ever.
Sometimes it takes crazy to fight crazy. Obama was a far more competent leader, but he could not make a crazy threat and be taken seriously. Trump is nuts enough so that when he says that he is going to take a rash action people take it seriously.

Kapalika

Premium Member
Sometimes it takes crazy to fight crazy. Obama was a far more competent leader, but he could not make a crazy threat and be taken seriously. Trump is nuts enough so that when he says that he is going to take a rash action people take it seriously.

Ya, I hadn't thought of it like that....

...but he is also crazy enough to actually do it, potentially with little warning.

Double edged sword yo.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Trump helped accomplish in about a year what numerous presidents on both sides of the aisle couldn't accomplish in decades. The partisan robot chicken littles who assured us the sky was falling and that Trump would start a nuclear war at the slightest provocation were wrong and some were most likely conscious liars. It is no surprise that much of the media blew this major historical event off nor is it a surprise that those who bitterly cling to their anti-Trump partisan entrenchment have barely (if at all) acknowledged Trumps role in it.
In the end they and their primitive, petty, feces tossing doesn't really matter. What does matter however is the tentative peace between the Koreas and the denuclearization being worked towards which is a much better situation than what the world was in about a year ago at this time.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's amazing to me that those who thought that Kim would cheat no matter what he agreed to now assume he's going to keep whatever he agrees to this time. Maybe he will but I remain skeptical based on history. If he does, great.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Well, it appears that President Trump's actions has born additional fruit. It is reported that North Korea released the U.S. Citizens
North Korea reportedly hands Trump another big win by releasing US prisoners
North Korea releases U.S. detainees, bows to another Trump demand

Gosh! I'm so happy now that we elected him. He's done what no other man could have done in office. He's got three American citizens set free. I find it so hard to contain my overly abundant admiration for him! All is forgiven and forgotten now, Donald! The American people unanimously adore you now!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, it appears that President Trump's actions has born additional fruit. It is reported that North Korea released the U.S. Citizens
I've thoroughly analyzed all possible scenarios using advanced
quantum laser political science. And I have it all figured it out now.
Kim Jong Un is attacking the western world by setting up Trump for
a Nobel Peace Prize.
How is this an attack, you ask with jaw agape?
The right will be deliriously giddy, basking in the glow of victorious Eitoldyusohism.
The left will be paralyzed in paroxysms of rage.
Then, Rocket man will waltz in, & take over the country in a bloodless coup.

I for one, welcome our new garlic eating overlords.
Hope y'all like kimchi & bibimbap.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Great maybe they’ll both stop acting like fascist dictators. Also I’m sure it has nothing to do with months of UN sanctions on N Korea, only due to Trumps twitter bullying tactics.:rolleyes:
UN passes fresh sanctions on North Korea - CNNPolitics

U.N. Imposes Sanctions on North Korea

UN Security Council imposes tough new sanctions on North Korea

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Who put forward these sanctions to the U.N........hmmmm

This is another one of those telling threads. Trump could personally find a cure for childhood leukemia and someone would gripe because he's not a doctor. Go figure.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
This is another one of those telling threads. Trump could personally find a cure for childhood leukemia and someone would gripe because he's not a doctor. Go figure.
I have said it once and I will say it again, I am not a fan of his process... but we can't argue with the results, can we?

esmith

Veteran Member
I have said it once and I will say it again, I am not a fan of his process... but we can't argue with the results, can we?
Some will some will not; but I suspect many on here will argue that it wasn't the President that had a contributing hand in what is happening now.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Some will some will not; but I suspect many on here will argue that it wasn't the President that had a contributing hand in what is happening now.
It's tough to say but I think he had an influence for sure.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's the relationship between his process & the results which I'd like to know more about.