• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nonsensical

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
There's no evidence of God to satisfy an atheist, or they'd be a theist. On the other hand, there's plenty of evidence oftentimes, for a theist.

So there exists both a lack and an abundance of evidence.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's funny, I do remember ages ago when other young people I knew would speculate about the existence of God. All of them would imagine God as some person in the sky type of deity. If this big guy in the sky were real, what would he look like, sorts of child's eye perspective on the mystery of existence. Imagining God as an entity, naturally leads to the "evidence" question. Sort of like believing in Bigfoot or UFOs. "Where's the evidence?"

So that question, "where's the evidence" means they view God as a creature of mysterious legend, needing to be proved like the rest of the Yetis and Loch Ness monsters "out there".

In reality, asking for evidence for God is like asking for evidence of air.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who the heck would need evidence of God? I’ve never even heard of such a stupid thing till I came to this website. It’s funny actually.
Why would any reasonable person believe in something without evidence? Do you believe in leprechauns and unicorns as well?

I should think that something so important; a belief that makes the difference between Heaven or Hell, would be painstakingly researched.

Try substituting Cthulu, Bigfoot, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Zeus for "God," in your initial statement. Does it still sound reasonable?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Who the heck would need evidence of God? I’ve never even heard of such a stupid thing till I came to this website. It’s funny actually.
Actually I think the evidence of God arise within the one who have faith in God. But it is not easy to "show the evidence" to one who has no faith or understanding of what God is. They will not see God anywhere, except if they have physical evidence of a man in the sky :)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
You do live in America? Not exactly the bedrock of atheists. So hardly any reason why you might not think this. Silly people elsewhere tend not to believe in things being 'as seen', and might delve into appropriate explanations why some believe in such and some just don't. Could be stupidity on both sides. :oops:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Ummm:oops: that did not sound right :confused: i tried look inward, outward, up and down, side to side....and still cant define God :oops:

Crap....

G is for the goodness that we all share when we speak of him.

O is for omnipotent or something.

D is for those posts where people think I've been Drinking.

See? We defined God. And like no one ever has before!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Well evidence of something means you don't need to believe in bronze age fairly tails. Sounds reasonable to me

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Believers do not have the same definition of what god is that's why I feel it's silly to ask.

Once there is a solid definition I feel it's natural for those who don't believe God exist to be curious as to this God and the evidence of it's existence.

Another problem is believers have an incorrect definition of what am atheist is. If someone does not believe God exist and asks you about it that doesn't mean by not believing a god exist he has some vendetta to discredit believers god.

It literally means he really wants to know in a way he understands not how the believer understands it to herself. The believer needs to drop the stereotype and be open to explore evidence that may not fit into experience, feelings, and enlightenment.

Theists aren't the victims here

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
G is for the goodness that we all share when we speak of him.

O is for omnipotent or something.

D is for those posts where people think I've been Drinking.

See? We defined God. And like no one ever has before!

Who shares this definition, though?

Everyone sees god from his experienced. Goodness to a Christian is sacrifice and resurrection. Others don't share this so their god is different.

Why do we believe that God needs to be abrahamic like?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Why would any reasonable person believe in something without evidence? Do you believe in leprechauns and unicorns as well?

I should think that something so important; a belief that makes the difference between Heaven or Hell, would be painstakingly researched.

Try substituting Cthulu, Bigfoot, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Zeus for "God," in your initial statement. Does it still sound reasonable?

""Who the heck would need evidence of Cthulu, Bigfoot, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Zeus? ""
I would like evidence for them before I would venture to believe in them.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Who shares this definition, though?

Everyone sees god from his experienced. Goodness to a Christian is sacrifice and resurrection. Others don't share this so their god is different.

Why do we believe that God needs to be abrahamic like?

The Abrahamic God is the only one with the evidence, even if people don't want to see it as evidence.