• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

non-religious people on religion forums..

Viker

Häxan
The staff makes the best pancakes. This kills IHOP any day. Plus, I can't get attacked by elderly Christians here for expressing my views.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
Topic title: non-religious people on religion forums
-----------------------------------------------------

Some come here just to have fun slinging mud at religion, but others genuinely hope to learn a bit along the way.
I mean, Jesus made the human race a pretty good offer- "I'm looking for friends, so be my mates and we'll party together forever in mansions in paradise"

so sensible people are wanting to check it out and be damn sure they don't refuse it too quick..;)

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
When I first came here back in early 2006 I was a devout Christian. I was having doubts about various aspects of my faith and through those early years was able to discuss and ask questions of others regarding their religious beliefs (or not) to compare against my own beliefs and thoughts. I'm now agnostic but with help from the folks on Religious Forums, I changed my views regarding God. In all sincerity, the people here helped me hone and fine tune what I believed about a supernatural deity/deities. Even though I'm no longer religious, it's still a fascinating subject and that's one reason why I'm still here.

This is almost exactly me. I wasn't devout when I started here in '08. When I started I didn't know what to consider myself, since I didn't want to stop being a Christian, but I didn't feel like I truly believed either. Now I'm an atheist. Just like Buttercup, talking about it on here helped me clarify my views and beliefs.

I don't think it so much changed my mind on God or Christianity, just allowed me to realize what I believed.

And I'll second the idea that religion is fascinating, which is why I come by once in a while.

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
I guess because the religious always show up on non-religious forums. What does Christ have to do with v-twin transmissions? Unless you pop a knuckle with your spanner and use Christ as an exclamation?