• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

non-religious people on religion forums..

Wirey

Fartist
When I first came here back in early 2006 I was a devout Christian. I was having doubts about various aspects of my faith and through those early years was able to discuss and ask questions of others regarding their religious beliefs (or not) to compare against my own beliefs and thoughts. I'm now agnostic but with help from the folks on Religious Forums, I changed my views regarding God. In all sincerity, the people here helped me hone and fine tune what I believed about a supernatural deity/deities. Even though I'm no longer religious, it's still a fascinating subject and that's one reason why I'm still here.

Just admit it's because Revoltingest keeps putting up pictures of me with no shirt.

How you doin'?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
People are interested in religion for all sorts of reasons. One of my pet interests, for instance, is in how religiosity evolved in humans.
Me too. But I came here, primary, to find a higher level of creationist/IDer/evolution discussion/debate than I found with the local preachers, which is really poor. Still, I've been rather disappointed. I don't think I've seen a single new creationist/IDer argument since I got here.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Me too. But I came here, primary, to find a higher level of creationist/IDer/evolution discussion/debate than I found with the local preachers, which is really poor. Still, I've been rather disappointed. I don't think I've seen a single new creationist/IDer argument since I got here.

Which side do you want to take? :rolleyes:

==

I'm here to see how critical thinking is or isn't being used in the world.

samosasauce

I like learning :) I like connecting with people, and I like being able to share my opinions on certain topics, and even learn my own stance on certain topics as well.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
To make friends :)

I looked all around the internet for social forums and the best organized one was RF. I do follow a religion, but I don't call myself religious.

I want to know more people from different cultures. I want them to know how Saudis can be and that we are normal people. I wanna know hot ladies :D

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
To make friends :)

I looked all around the internet for social forums and the best organized one was RF. I do follow a religion, but I don't call myself religious.

I want to know more people from different cultures. I want them to know how Saudis can be and that we are normal people. I wanna know hot ladies :D

If that is your goal, then you are succeding. You have changed my perception of Saudis

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
If that is your goal, then you are succeding. You have changed my perception of Saudis

Hey thanks for approving man :)

Not all Saudis are like me too of course. Think of them as normal people that have the good and the bad.

Deep, huh? :)

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
What brings you here?

Actually I came here to debate. I enjoy online debate and debate in general. I was on the debate team in both high school and my community college years. Never picked it up in University tho..

Anyway I jumped from site to site but found a lot of it was lacking in intelligent debate, suffered from poor management, lopsided politically or some other such negative that made it a distasteful place to debate. Then I found this forum. It has a good mix of people without being dominate of either side and I usually get a good debate going every now and then with people either in the general, political, philosophical or religious areas. Discussion on religion has the ability to push people to their limits mentally when discussing these hotly debated topics regardless if you are a theist or atheist. That isn't to say that there are not a good number of people here with their heads up their arses.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
Must you be a politician to be interested in politics, or be religious to be interested in religion?

The Bible is mostly a list of human close encounters with offworld beings (think "first alien contact") so any open-minded person would surely take an interest in it whether they're "religious" or not..:)
For example Jesus said-
"I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....you are of this world, I am not of this world....I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (John 8:14/ 8:23, Matt 13:35)
Hey Spock will you listen to him?

"Affirmative, it would be illogical not to listen, I'm all ears"..
Spock-vwj.jpg

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Hey thanks for approving man :)

Not all Saudis are like me too of course. Think of them as normal people that have the good and the bad.

Deep, huh? :)
shes a she not a he. hey you wanted to meet ladies.