• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non-random questions about girls

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Good advice, Terry!

In general, girls prefer personality over looks, cash, and cars. If you've got a sense of humor, and if you're chivalrous and treat a woman respectfully, the RIGHT kind of woman will be attracted to that.

Don't listen to people who tell you that women will fall for a cad and a jerk faster than they will a good guy. STUPID girls may - but you don't want one of them, do you?

I didn't think so!

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
If you've got a sense of humor, and if you're chivalrous and treat a woman respectfully, the RIGHT kind of woman will be attracted to that.
Either experience has proved this wrong, or the right kind of women are in very short supply. I've got a sense of humor, I'm generous (heck, I just spent more than $50 on a birthday party for the girl and her sister, and the girl refused to even come down. Her friends and sister loved the party though :D), and I'm definitely more chivalrous and classy than the average guy. And I'm not bad looking either. According to most people, most people love my blue eyes, and I've got the hair most guys want (I personally hate my hair and eyes but meh), and my ridiculous metabolism ensures that I am thin and tall.

Anyways, the relationship with this girl is a failure. Like I mentioned above, she refused to even come to the birthday party, and afterwards I found through a relatively brief conversation that she wanted me to stop giving her attention (of course, I had to ask, no girl has the guts to tell a guy what she's feeling on their own :rolleyes:. Lol, they expect guys to have the courage to do it for them though...). She is not good enough anyway (I find that blaming everything on the girl helps with my self-esteem issues :D). There are better girls than she. For example, her sister is thinner and more sociable than she, and another girl I know is more grateful and energetic than she. I can get over her.

Aquitaine

Kathryn said:
In general, girls prefer personality over looks, cash, and cars. If you've got a sense of humor, and if you're chivalrous and treat a woman respectfully, the RIGHT kind of woman will be attracted to that.

LIES!

Get the Cad, wallet and disgusting attitude and you win! :D

Oh, and if the girl you're after says you're a "nice guy" or "like a brother to me", then forget it - she's not interested.

Remember, nice guys finish last!

EDIT: I know this is kinda off-topic but I just saw this and it made me laugh!

url

Last edited:

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
LIES!

Get the Cad, wallet and disgusting attitude and you win! :D

Oh, and if the girl you're after says you're a "nice guy" or "like a brother to me", then forget it - she's not interested.

Remember, nice guys finish last!

EDIT: I know this is kinda off-topic but I just saw this and it made me laugh!

url

Ya know, you're being really mean, and I think you're doing it on purpose... you're just trying to give me bad advice as a joke to make fun of my social ineptness and my inability to take jokes. Even other people on the thread have pointed this out. If you aren't going to be serious, go away :(.

Aquitaine

Ya know, you're being really mean, and I think you're doing it on purpose... you're just trying to give me bad advice as a joke to make fun of my social ineptness and my inability to take jokes. Even other people on the thread have pointed this out. If you aren't going to be serious, go away :(.

Actually, I wasn't poking fun at you at all. I was satiring the stereotype that Women only care about cars, money, and a jerk attitude.

Of course it's a joke, jeez.......

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I've just received information from my friends on my wing that the girl actually didn't want to go out with me, but her friends pressured her into doing just one date to get me to go away (apparently they were able to tell that I liked her long before I actually asked her out).

... WHAT THE HELL?!?!? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?!?

Atreyu

The Devil herself
1.)

4.) I happened to hear that the girl's birthday was coming up and I felt like ordering her a cookie cake for the occassion (I always seem to have too much food money). If it turns out that she doesn't like me, should I give her the cookie cake (and the present I bought her) anyway?
This really depends on how attractive she is.

Circle_One

TAL,

DO NOT ask out her sister! Especially if they're twins! It looks really bad! Kind of along the lines of "Oh, my twin rejected him, so since I look like her, I'll just be second best?" Not good.

I repeat, do not ask out the sister! It will not be good in the end.

Kathryn

I've just received information from my friends on my wing that the girl actually didn't want to go out with me, but her friends pressured her into doing just one date to get me to go away (apparently they were able to tell that I liked her long before I actually asked her out).

... WHAT THE HELL?!?!? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?!?[/quote

Something's rotten in Denmark. I'm a girl and based on what I know about women (which is a LOT) I can tell you that it's HIGHLY DOUBTFUL that this girl went out with you to get you to go away.

That's just not how things go down. Think about it - does that make a bit of sense?

I can assure you that if I didn't have a good feel about a guy, I wouldn't go out with him even for coffee.

Now - whatever happens after that first date is up for grabs. She may not be as interested in you NOW but I don't buy that she wasn't interested enough to go out on that first date.

Quit listening to your "friends" - they sound like goobers. Find some new ones. Friends don't undercut you like it sounds like they are doing. Friends build you up and support you - they don't ridicule you in the name of "honesty."

Honesty at the expense of others is nothing more than selfishness.

You know what - I think you're over analyzing this stuff. I think that if you relax a bit more in your interactions with women, things will loosen up enough to evolve naturally.

I hope this helps! You seem like an intelligent person with a sense of humor and a creative perspective. There's someone out there who will find you charming - if you don't creep them out by overthinking every move.

Relationships aren't a chess game - they're an unscripted adventure!

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic

... WHAT THE HELL?!?!? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?!?[/quote

Something's rotten in Denmark. I'm a girl and based on what I know about women (which is a LOT) I can tell you that it's HIGHLY DOUBTFUL that this girl went out with you to get you to go away.

That's just not how things go down. Think about it - does that make a bit of sense?

I can assure you that if I didn't have a good feel about a guy, I wouldn't go out with him even for coffee.

Now - whatever happens after that first date is up for grabs. She may not be as interested in you NOW but I don't buy that she wasn't interested enough to go out on that first date.

Quit listening to your "friends" - they sound like goobers. Find some new ones. Friends don't undercut you like it sounds like they are doing. Friends build you up and support you - they don't ridicule you in the name of "honesty."

Honesty at the expense of others is nothing more than selfishness.

You know what - I think you're over analyzing this stuff. I think that if you relax a bit more in your interactions with women, things will loosen up enough to evolve naturally.

I hope this helps! You seem like an intelligent person with a sense of humor and a creative perspective. There's someone out there who will find you charming - if you don't creep them out by overthinking every move.

Relationships aren't a chess game - they're an unscripted adventure!

No, these are people I trust, and it sounds about right, knowing girls. They weren't ridiculing me any more than you guys are.

And relationships ARE a chess game :(. And whatever the mathematical equation for girls is... it's not a function :sad4:.

Mr Cheese

loser dude

as tough as it may seem now....

remember this, and remeber it at all times.....

Women are people too

Thus endeth the lesson

Mr Cheese

TAL,

DO NOT ask out her sister! Especially if they're twins! It looks really bad! Kind of along the lines of "Oh, my twin rejected him, so since I look like her, I'll just be second best?" Not good.

I repeat, do not ask out the sister! It will not be good in the end.

especially since he's a virgin (with penis problems):flirt:

Aquitaine

TAL, in all honesty now, my best "advice" I could give you would be to just stop wanting, stop trying, and stop thinking about Women and dating them.

I think you're over-analysing it all. If you're not ready/confident for it yet then simply don't bother, there's plenty of fish in the sea and there's more important things in one's life to focus on (especially at your age) than girls.

Focus on yourself and your life for now, not girls and trying to get dates etc.

Kathryn

No, these are people I trust, and it sounds about right, knowing girls. They weren't ridiculing me any more than you guys are.

And relationships ARE a chess game :(. And whatever the mathematical equation for girls is... it's not a function :sad4:.

Amazing - this response of yours crystalizes (to me anyway) the very reasons you are having these troubles with women.

1. You take advice from people who are not qualified to give it (do you honestly think your dorm buddies are wiser about women than a WOMAN and the mother of five grown children?). Take a look at the responses here to your OP as well. The kind and sincere responses are from more mature people.

2. You seem to be a bit hypersensitive, which is probably bleeding through in your interactions with women. You leave yourself wide open (for instance, your OP - in a public forum - was absolutely BOUND TO generate some unfortunately sarcastic responses) and then you seem surprised by immature, sarcastic, but predictable responses.

3. You insist that relationships ARE like a chess game - here is your biggest problem, in my opinion. If you take this approach, this reduces the relationships in your life to a winner/loser scenario. Healthy relationships are not about strategy, getting something over on someone else, bluffing, thinking three or four moves ahead, and overtaking an enemy.

When your energy is focused on strategy and manipulation, you can't relax - you've always got to be on guard. Romance shouldn't be a war. If it is, you're not in the right one. Does relaxing and simply allowing things to develop involve risk? Yes, of course it does. I can almost assure you that if you allow yourself to be open, you are going to be hurt. But you will also at some point be actually able to accept and revel in a profound and delightful relationship (probably more than one over your lifetime). This is impossible when you're in guarded, strategy mode.

I mean, you have to use some common sense. NOW, before your head and heart are all jacked up with emotion about some woman, you should sit down and objectively identify some red flags that would absolutely make you shut down a relationship before you were too far into it. I recommend a book by Dr Laura Schlessinger called "Ten Stupid Things Men Do To Mess Up Their Lives." But here would be some common sense rules to apply:

a. Don't date a woman you wouldn't marry.
b. Substance abuse problems tend to only get worse, not better. If you see evidence of this, confront it head on. If she continues, I recommend getting out earlier rather than later.
c. How is her relationship with her dad? The better it is, the more stable she will probably be in relationships with men. Not to say that if her relationship with her dad is BAD, she isn't a good match - it's just something to pay attention to.
d. If she sleeps with you too soon, she's probably slept with others too soon too. Are you OK with that?
e. The first lie - call her hand. The second lie - there may be a pattern developing. The third lie - you're dating a liar. Big issue. Get out.
f. Your love will not change her. Accept her for who she is. Don't look at potential - look at reality. If you start thinking, "She just needs someone to treat her right...my love will bring out the best in her," wow, I can't stress this enough - GET OUT. It is what it is. If you don't like her exactly as she is, then I promise you that the little things that bother you now will balloon into HUGE issues that will push you right over the edge later down the road.

You seem to be too focused on "what should I do next?" In other words, frankly, you seem to be too focused on YOURSELF. It's like you're watching yourself rather than BEING yourself. This is a very unhealthy way to live. Get off the sidelines and just BE. Quit being an observer of life and be a participant.

Somewhere out there is a fresh-faced, sweet natured, smart, warm girl with good values and good intentions. You may meet her tomorrow - you may meet her five years from now - you may already know her. But you aren't ready for her until you balance yourself out.

Remember, I have nothing to gain by saying all this to you. I am genuinely trying to help you avoid disaster and experience something happy and good.

Aquitaine

Kathryn said:
Somewhere out there is a fresh-faced, sweet natured, smart, warm girl with good values and good intentions.

Woah, was that an Oxy-Moron?

:p

Just kidding!
(not)

But no, honestly, that post was good advice for TAL right there. :yes:

Kathryn

Hey, not to be tooting my own horn - but I'm a nice girl with good values and good intentions. I found a nice guy with the same qualities. We have a very sweet, passionate and mutually-respectful relationship that is full of tenderness and lots of belly-laughs!

But I didn't find this guy till I got my own head on straight and worked out my own issues. Until I got myself in order, I wasn't worthy of the best. I wouldn't have been a good match for him until I worked on my own character.

Aim high - but be sure you're the quality of person that YOU would like to be with.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
1. You take advice from people who are not qualified to give it (do you honestly think your dorm buddies are wiser about women than a WOMAN and the mother of five grown children?). Take a look at the responses here to your OP as well. The kind and sincere responses are from more mature people.
These guys are mature (we're in college, remember) and they know the girls I like. Why wouldn't I take advice from them? Most of what they say is stuff I could imagine you saying... (ie, girls are not math equations, make friends with guys before trying to make friends with girls, make friends with girls before dating them, most dating relationships take months or years to develop...).
3. You insist that relationships ARE like a chess game - here is your biggest problem, in my opinion. If you take this approach, this reduces the relationships in your life to a winner/loser scenario. Healthy relationships are not about strategy, getting something over on someone else, bluffing, thinking three or four moves ahead, and overtaking an enemy.When your energy is focused on strategy and manipulation, you can't relax - you've always got to be on guard. Romance shouldn't be a war. If it is, you're not in the right one. Does relaxing and simply allowing things to develop involve risk? Yes, of course it does. I can almost assure you that if you allow yourself to be open, you are going to be hurt. But you will also at some point be actually able to accept and revel in a profound and delightful relationship (probably more than one over your lifetime). This is impossible when you're in guarded, strategy mode.
Then what am I supposed to do? If relationships are not a chess game, then what are they? :(
It's like you're watching yourself rather than BEING yourself. This is a very unhealthy way to live. Get off the sidelines and just BE. Quit being an observer of life and be a participant.
I'm a male, remember? Most men don't have any personality besides what their woman gives them. And since I have no woman...
Somewhere out there is a fresh-faced, sweet natured, smart, warm girl with good values and good intentions. You may meet her tomorrow - you may meet her five years from now - you may already know her. But you aren't ready for her until you balance yourself out.
Why would such a girl want to enter a relationship with me when she could date some random hot stud or wealthy musician or whatever it is the ladies like these days? You have to factor in that I'm not good enough for love. I'm not even good enough for friends in most cases.
But I didn't find this guy till I got my own head on straight and worked out my own issues. Until I got myself in order, I wasn't worthy of the best. I wouldn't have been a good match for him until I worked on my own character.
Well, that's a problem for me. Women can change by themselves, because they're independent human beings. Men aren't like that. Men, being completely dependent on their mate, can only change when their woman gives them permission, but to get a woman, I have to change, so I'm sorta in a rut.

Surely there's at least one woman in the world who would love to date a lonely, desperate, socially inept, communist, conspiracy theorist paranoid, right? It's not like all my fellow nutjobs and loonies are all going to be male, right?

Aquitaine

Hey, not to be tooting my own horn - but I'm a nice girl with good values and good intentions. I found a nice guy with the same qualities. We have a very sweet, passionate and mutually-respectful relationship that is full of tenderness and lots of belly-laughs!

Aim high - but be sure you're the quality of person that YOU would like to be with.

Well I guess with a relationship like yours, then you're the best source of advice for TAL on this issue.

Still, I'm gonna dance around and make sarcastic generalizations :p Ah come on, TAL knows when I'm joking!

^_^

TAL, if the girl says "no", then your wallet isn't heavy enough, or you're not acting like a Jerk enough. Here's a tip, take your wallet and put some heavy objects in it (like sheets of lead) and put it in loose pants so she get's the impression that your wallet is so heavy that it's putting a lot of strain on your pockets.

Then ask her out again.

If she still says "no", then insult the first person you see (other than her) to make yourself look like a Jerk, actually, insult her first.

But if she still says "no", then say to her how it don't matter, because you're too good for her anyways, and she's fat - then walk away. Once she realises you're a Jerk, then I guarantee she will fall in love with you!

Just remember the stupid top-heavy figure, the sleeveless tops, the cocky attitude and get a nice car - then TA DA! You win!

Aquitaine

TAL said:
Surely there's at least one woman in the world who would love to date a lonely, desperate, socially inept, communist, conspiracy theorist paranoid, right? It's not like all my fellow nutjobs and loonies are all going to be male, right?

No, but there will be if you have:

1) A big wallet.
2) A nice car.
3) An expensive Rolex.
4) A top-heavy, gym figure.
5) Bad attitude.
6) Treat her like dirt.

You'll notice that once you're in possession of those 6 things, the Women will "evolve" around you and change, from being "I'm not interest" to "Hi, wanna be friends?" or "sex plox"