• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non-random questions about girls

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
1.) If a girl rejects you, is it ok to ask out her sister?

2.) How can you tell the difference between a "No, I don't want to go out with you" and a "Ask me later"? Girls say them both exactly the same...

3.) How do I tell if a girl likes me or if she's just "being friendly"?

4.) I happened to hear that the girl's birthday was coming up and I felt like ordering her a cookie cake for the occassion (I always seem to have too much food money). If it turns out that she doesn't like me, should I give her the cookie cake (and the present I bought her) anyway?

Morse

To Extinguish
Not like I have much experience, Buuuut...
1) Do you still want to have civil relations with the first girl? If yes, then no. If no, then who cares?

2) Body Language and intonations. And I'm not joking with this, even the girl won't realize what she gives away with her body language. Twirling hair, for example, is a flirtatious gesture, whether or not they realize it. A lot of these things are obvious once you see them, you just need to know to look for them in the first place.

3) See above, or ask her.

4) What is a cookie cake? It sounds like something I'd purchase in second grade (AKA: GO FOR IT!). It depends on the girl though, is she whimsical and funny? Does she appreciate gestures like this?
Get her the cake regardless of whether or not she likes you. A person shouldn't form their actions based on whether or not somebody "likes you", they should form their actions so somebody DOES "like you". (That is, as long as its within the boundaries of your character, nobody likes a pretender :D)

Just go for it. Its not like you'll spontaneously combust or commit suicide if she says no, right? ):)yes: )(

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
1) Do you still want to have civil relations with the first girl? If yes, then no. If no, then who cares?
How could I have a civil relationship with a girl if she broke up with me? It takes more effort to be "just friends" than it does to be a girlfriend, if she hated me enough to not date me, why would she want to be my friend?
Will not having a civil relationship with the first girl affect my relationship with her sister?
or ask her.
I can't ask her. She always seems to be either in her room or going somewhere, or she has other friends around?
What is a cookie cake?
You know, those giant cookie things... you know, like this:
cookiecake.jpg
A person shouldn't form their actions based on whether or not somebody "likes you", they should form their actions so somebody DOES "like you".
Well, usually when I do something nice for a girl that doesn't like me (ie, every girl I've liked and done nice things for), they freak out and claim that I'm a stalker or something of that nature. Apparently, it's not ok to be nice to a girl who's not in love with you.
Its not like you'll spontaneously combust or commit suicide if she says no, right?
Um, well, if she gets really ticked off at me even asking her, she might use her magical powers (most women are magical) to shoot fireballs at me (actually, this isn't a real magical power, as far as I've seen, I don't think I have to worry about that :)), and I can think of a way being rejected might start a chain of events leading to suicide... pretty long shot, though :D.

Morse

To Extinguish
I didn't know she had broken up with you :D

Well in that case, give the cookie cake to her sister, and write "Happy Un-Birthday on it"
And yes, it would affect a relationship with her sister.

What do you think the first one would tell her sister when you weren't around? Better yet, already HAS told her?

And the fact that you can't have a civil relationship with these people isn't your problem, its theirs. Actually no, its your problem. Date smarter people, smart people don't spaz out and get completely emotional as often.

And that abomination of cookie-age is bizarre, never seen one before.

You could always just sing "I just died in your arms tonight" by Duran Duran on her lawn. It'd be rather when both sisters come out, one with doe eyes the other with daggers

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I didn't know she had broken up with you
She didn't. I'm not even sure if we're dating... she agreed to go out with me Monday, but she said no Wednesday on the grounds of being too busy and said to ask her again Thursday (today), and denied me again today without giving a reason.
Well in that case, give the cookie cake to her sister, and write "Happy Un-Birthday on it"
But it wouldn't be her unbirthday... they're twins :D.
What do you think the first one would tell her sister when you weren't around? Better yet, already HAS told her?
I have no idea. For all I know, she might be pouring out her heart to her sister, giving an elaborate description of how she sings songs in her heart and feels butterflies floating around whenever she sees me, but always hides those feelings when I'm looking :D. (Doubt it though XD)
on her lawn.
We're in a college campus, she doesn't have a lawn O_O.

Morse

To Extinguish
You're life blows then. If you cannot sing Duran Duran to your girl, what else do you have?

I still stand by the body language thing though. Learn it.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I still stand by the body language thing though. Learn it.
Impossible, body language is even harder to detect than miniscule things like eye color, and if I tried to analyze a person's body language, they'd start complaining about me "staring" at them.

Morse

To Extinguish
Impossible, body language is even harder to detect than miniscule things like eye color, and if I tried to analyze a person's body language, they'd start complaining about me "staring" at them.

I have no clue what you are talking about. Detecting body language requires nothing more than a glance to register the action, or an observation by peripheral vision. Maybe if you're examining the body to try to find clues, but thats not how its used. Just keep your eyes open for changes in position or actions when speaking with her. Or just sneak a glance in with your main vision when your peripheral vision detects movement. Etc.. You don't have to stare :D

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Amazing, you really need to learn this body language thing. There are about a billion good books on the topic. But heck, you probably don't even have to buy a book - just read about it online.

Individual little motions may not mean a thing, but cumulatively they DO.

Some things to look for:

Hair twirling
Girl touching her own face
Leaning toward you
Crossing her legs in your direction
Touching and/or stroking her collarbone or neck while talking with you
Licking her lips while talking with you
Blushing

Those are all positives.

Negatives:

Crossing her arms
Crossing her legs away from you
Avoiding eye contact
Leaning back in her chair
Backing away from you
Running screaming from the room
Setting her hair on fire and committing hari kari in front of you

Date the sister. Screw the other chick and the horse she rode in on.

Buy the cookie cake. Present it in a group situation. DO NOT slide it under her door (icing on the door frame is a hassle) or have anything cryptic or weird inscribed on it. "Happy Birthday!" should suffice.

Good luck!

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Running screaming from the room
Setting her hair on fire and committing hari kari in front of you
... Do girls actually do this? O_O
Date the sister. Screw the other chick and the horse she rode in on.
Er, what horse? And wouldn't screwing the other chick make the relationship with her sister a bit awkward?

Mr Cheese

KAthryn's spot on....

I have a degree in communications... non verbal communication makes up the vast majority of human interaction (which is one reason internet communication is problematic)

The positive pointers she gave are good ones....

There is also the real biggee.... if she has stiff nipples :p
she might just be cold, but she could also be lusting after you...

stiff nipples are a sign of sexual erousal afterall...

Oh and the biggee...................... if she gives you her phone number:

this is woman code for , I like you, phone me, I would like to know you better...

The mystery of women is something men have been trying to fathom for thousands of years. Don't get too upset when a woman says one thing, then turns around and says or does another. Women are often fickle, it is their right and privilage as women....just don't get too confused.

Women also tend to think men are insane also.... remember that, they are probably as nervous as you, and confused about men as you are about women.

Lastly women like confidence, you may be confused, or insecure. learn to get over this, and be confident, the more the better. of course arrogance can be a turn off to women, so there is a thin line you must decide to walk.

Good luck

Last edited:

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
There is also the real biggee.... if she has stiff nipples
... How am I supposed to know whether or not her nipples are stiff without feeling them? XD

Nanda

Polyanna
TAL, don't look at her nipples. That's terrible, terrible advice. In fact, most of the advice in this thread is terrible, because they're joking with you. With the exception of learning body language signs - that's good advice. And while I realize that it's difficult and doesn't come naturally, there probably is an online resource for that sort of thing.

Aquitaine

If you want the girl to like you, be an arse-hole.

Act like an arse-hole to yourself, your friends, and her.

Treat her like dirt, disrespect her, cause problems between her and her friends, insult her all the time, and give her 1,000 reasons to complain about you.

Go to the Gym and Buff up, get a figure that's too top-heavy (i.e, big arms/shoulders, tiny legs), wear white cap face front and upwards slightly, along with sleeveless tops, walk like you're carrying a roll of carpet underneath each arm, be cocky, and most importantly - be an arse-hole.

I know, Women are stupid like that.

:p

P.S, I know you're confused about this sorta stuff, but I'm joking, please don't go and do that lol. Still, it's true though, some Women are stupid like that ^_^

Morse

To Extinguish
TAL, don't look at her nipples. That's terrible, terrible advice. In fact, most of the advice in this thread is terrible, because they're joking with you. With the exception of learning body language signs - that's good advice. And while I realize that it's difficult and doesn't come naturally, there probably is an online resource for that sort of thing.

I had good advice...

:sad4:

EDIT: Oh, and for OP, try out http://changingminds.org/
Good overview of some of this stuff, including lots more!

Nanda

Polyanna
If you want the girl to like you, be an arse-hole.

Act like an arse-hole to yourself, your friends, and her.

Treat her like dirt, disrespect her, cause problems between her and her friends, insult her all the time, and give her 1,000 reasons to complain about you.

Go to the Gym and Buff up, get a figure that's too top-heavy (i.e, big arms/shoulders, tiny legs), wear white cap face front and upwards slightly, along with sleeveless tops, walk like you're carrying a roll of carpet underneath each arm, be cocky, and most importantly - be an arse-hole.

I know, Women are stupid like that.

:p

P.S, I know you're confused about this sorta stuff, but I'm joking, please don't go and do that lol. Still, it's true though, some Women are stupid like that ^_^

Case in point. :p

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
First You must remember there are just as many girls looking for boys as there are boys looking for girls. It always was so and always will be.

Some girls are hard to get.
some girls are too easy.
All respond to friendly, funny, warm and generous men.
Some like dominant males who give them a hard time.
some like to mother wimps.
some like the so ugly they are handsome types
some like rugged and handsome.

Just be friendly and honest with them all
and you will find they do the choosing.

Surprise surprise... even the boys with no car and no cash end up with beautiful and faithful girls.