• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nobody here understands me!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Looking at the titles of the threads I’ve started that were not about the Baha’i Faith, what are some thoughts that come to you about what I might have been trying to do here?
Your threads contain useful advices to create civil and polite debate on RF...others are about politics and economics....
I think they're great :)

Jim

Nets of Wonder
@lewisnotmiller Yay! I think that maybe what I would like is for someone to understand what I've been trying to do here, in the last few weeks. Do you have any ideas about that already? It might help to go to my profile and look at the titles of the threads I've started.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
:cry: Nobody here understands me!

I'm looking for some volunteers to try to understand me.
Just in case mods might think my <funny> rating of your post is abusive,
I'll state that it is not. I heard the first sentence in a particular tone,
one which I believe you intended. Further deponent sayeth not,
lest that prickly @lewisnotmiller rap me knuckles.

Btw, I don't think of you as a Bahai or any other faith.
You are what you post. And that's fine with me.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Just in case mods might think my <funny> rating of your post is abusive,
I'll state that it is not. I heard the first sentence in a particular tone,
one which I believe you intended. Further deponent sayeth not,
lest that prickly @lewisnotmiller rap me knuckles.

Btw, I don't think of you as a Bahai or any other faith.
You are what you post. And that's fine with me.
Yes, you were right about the humor that I intended. I forgot about you, when I said that nobody understands me. There might be others too. I was just in a bad mood, because I bumped my head on a projecting rock, figuratively speaking. It would still be fun for me though, if I could see someone understanding what I've been trying to do here in the last few weeks.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, you were right about the humor that I intended. I forgot about you, when I said that nobody understands me. There might be others too. I was just in a bad mood, because I bumped my head on a projecting rock, figuratively speaking. It would still be fun for me though, if I could see someone understanding what I've been trying to do here in the last few weeks.
Head bumps can really get one's attention, eh.

David1967

Premium Member
:cry: Nobody here understands me!

I'm looking for some volunteers to try to understand me.

Jim, I'm afraid that often times I don't even understand myself. Especially in hindsight. I reflect often about past decisions wondering, "what was I thinking". Oh well, the only consistent is change. I do enjoy your threads @Jim , even if I don't often comment on them.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
@Estro Felino I have an idea! Would you be willing to go to my profile and browse through the titles of all the threads that I’ve started, and tell me what ideas go through your mind, about what I might have been trying to do here?

No one will likely truly understand you, but you can communicate some things to others to help others understand some aspects of you. In some of the threads that address aspects of our belief in the Baha'i Faith we seemed to have some aspects of understanding in common. I have always been willing to listen and communicate.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I don't think anybody hardly understands anyone. Very few people here understand me either. But the difference is I don't care, whereas you seem to.
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I think what I was wishing for when I started this thread was for someone to understand what I've been trying to do here in the last few weeks. That was an impulsive reaction to someone reading "practicing fellowship and collaboration across religious divides" in the title of one of my threads as "leveling out differences between religions." Later, puzzling about that, it dawned on me that people don't always read the OP before posting, and that when people quote me in one of their posts, it doesn't always mean that they're talking to me.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
@lewisnotmiller Yay! I think that maybe what I would like is for someone to understand what I've been trying to do here, in the last few weeks. Do you have any ideas about that already? It might help to go to my profile and look at the titles of the threads I've started.

I'll take a look. I have a few initial thoughts, but I've only visited a few threads, so leave it with me for a bit, and I'll do some research.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
It would be nice to see someone understanding what I think I've been trying to do, even if they don't believe that's actually what I've been trying to do.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Now I’m fuming about people closing their hearts and minds to a voice calling them, because they think that it’s contradicting their cherished beliefs or anti-beliefs.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
This thread might be a good place for me to think out loud, and post some half-baked ideas where people might be able to help me finish baking them.

I’m thinking that our views and ways of thinking can be tools that help us think about what to do and talk to each other about it. It seems to me that whenever people call their views “beliefs,” religious or not, there is some belligerence in that which ultimately and inevitably leads to ever-increasing cruelty and violence. That’s why I decided to try not to have any beliefs. Now that I think of it, it might be better to just try to free myself from all belligerence about my views.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I had a discussion with icehorse about calling things by their right names, for example what he calls an “oligarchy,” which might correspond roughly to people I’m currently thinking of as leading players in a global monopoly game, who have a common interest in perpetuating that game, and overpowering influence on the decisions and policies of governments and national and international institutions. I think that finding better ways to describe to ourselves what we think we’re seeing can facilitate our thinking about what to do, and facilitate our communication with others who are seeing what we’re seeing. At the same time, those same descriptions can get in the way of our communication with people who aren’t seeing what we’re seeing. I think now that in spite of that risk I will say what I’m thinking in my own words sometimes, because it might help me find others who are seeing what I’m seeing, and help them find me if that would interest them.