• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nobody here understands me!

dfnj

The best advice my father ever gave me was: "Don't give advice."

My grandmother gave similar advice. She had a very high pitched Edith Bunker like voice. She would say, "If you don't have anything nice to say shut your God damn mouth!" I live in New Jersey.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
You seem like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. If you remember the story, Dorothy is bonked on the head. You seem bonked on the head. Then Dorothy goes on a journey down the golden road. She meets the Tin Man who is looking for a heart but he's the only character with compassion and empathy. Then she's meets the lion who is looking for courage but he's the only one acting courageously. Then she meets the Straw Man who is looking for a brain but he is the only one who acts intelligently. It's not until she meets the Wizard behind the current does she have the realization she's been only a heel click away from being home. She clicks her heels and wakes up from being unconscious. You are Dorothy. You need to click your heels.
You must be a wizard! When I was exploring a pagan path, I learned to use Dorothy’s friends as my shield, and my Tarot deck was the Tarot of Oz. In the forums, when I think of myself as Dorothy with her friends, on our way to see the Great and Terrible Wizard, I do much better.