• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"No thanks, I don't do that"

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Some lady started following me and then she took me out to eat at Subway, then brought me to her room. She whipped out a bubble, loaded it with meth, and took a hit, then she offered it to me. I said "no thank you, I don't do that."

This is the first time I've been able to turn down drugs when they're offered for free like that. People try to sell me drugs a lot, and it's easy to say no , cuz they're a waste of money, but I'm not one to turn them down when it's offered for free. Thanks be to God I had the grace and impulse control to say no!

I just feel really sorry for this young lady. She seemed out of her mind. I held her hand and prayed for her.

It really is a sad world for so many people. I don't know how to help them and would not wish their suffering on my worst enemy.

She seemed like she needed a friend and I hope maybe I helped her in some small way.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I just feel really sad (and slightly ill) from people like that when I'm around them. I so badly wish I had something to offer them. I just feel inept and clueless about what is the correct approach, and what God would want me to do.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Didn't your parents ever teach you not to let strangers take you for free food and then back to their apartment?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I just feel really sad (and slightly ill) from people like that when I'm around them. I so badly wish I had something to offer them. I just feel inept and clueless about what is the correct approach, and what God would want me to do.

I can relate to that feeling. In my experience, the best thing to do is allow them to be who they are and be there for them when they fall. They will do what they will regardless of what one gives them. Their choices cannot be made for them by another; it's their lives to live. The best thing one can do is just be there for support.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Didn't your parents ever teach you not to let strangers take you for free food and then back to their apartment?
Yes, but she was enjoying my company, and I thought I was doing a charitable service to her. I felt sorry for her and know what it's like to be crazy.

I was trying to treat her how I would want to be treated. If a male stranger invited me to his house or apartment, I would turn them down. It's more difficult when it is a fairly cute female.

Some lady started following me and then she took me out to eat at Subway, then brought me to her room. She whipped out a bubble, loaded it with meth, and took a hit, then she offered it to me. I said "no thank you, I don't do that."

This is the first time I've been able to turn down drugs when they're offered for free like that. People try to sell me drugs a lot, and it's easy to say no , cuz they're a waste of money, but I'm not one to turn them down when it's offered for free. Thanks be to God I had the grace and impulse control to say no!

I just feel really sorry for this young lady. She seemed out of her mind. I held her hand and prayed for her.

It really is a sad world for so many people. I don't know how to help them and would not wish their suffering on my worst enemy.

She seemed like she needed a friend and I hope maybe I helped her in some small way.

Its good you turned it down.

I heard that meth is sevetely addictive and hard for folks to get off. That reason alone is enough not to even try it.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Yes, but she was enjoying my company, and I thought I was doing a charitable service to her. I felt sorry for her and know what it's like to be crazy.

I was trying to treat her how I would want to be treated. If a male stranger invited me to his house or apartment, I would turn them down. It's more difficult when it is a fairly cute female.

You were doing a charitable service by allowing her to give you a free lunch?

By the latter statement, it sounds more like you were hoping she would give you something else... In other words, it sounds like your motivation was more selfish than charitable.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You were doing a charitable service by allowing her to give you a free lunch?

By the latter statement, it sounds more like you were hoping she would give you something else... In other words, it sounds like your motivation was more selfish than charitable.
I didn't ask her to take me out to eat. I had no money on me anyways. She took me out to eat and then told me to come to her room. If she was enjoying my company, that can be a charitable service, and she was being charitable as well.

I was not in any way wanting to have sex with her.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Be encouraged by the fact you set an example by turning it down. and not judging her. Perhaps, somewhere deep inside, she will realise that some day she will be the person able to turn it down. You were a noble example.

Axe Elf

Prophet
I didn't ask her to take me out to eat. I had no money on me anyways. She took me out to eat and then told me to come to her room. If she was enjoying my company, that can be a charitable service, and she was being charitable as well.

I was not in any way wanting to have sex with her.

It seems odd to think of you allowing her to buy you lunch as a charitable service on your part...

But tell us more about why you wouldn't have accepted the invitation if it was a male stranger, but it's harder to turn down a "fairly cute female."

But be warned that any explanation which isn't heavily based in hormonal motivations will be highly suspect.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It seems odd to think of you allowing her to buy you lunch as a charitable service on your part...

But tell us more about why you wouldn't have accepted the invitation if it was a male stranger, but it's harder to turn down a "fairly cute female."

But be warned that any explanation which isn't heavily based in hormonal motivations will be highly suspect.
Because I've had gay men come on to me before and it's a very uncomfortable feeling. I don't have that same discomfort around female strangers.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Aw. This made me smiles. Specially the god part. ;) I'm glad to see the optimism. Pat yourself on the back. Don't worry. :rolleyes: No one's lookin'

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle

But did you give'er the D? that's the real question buddy.

Also glad you didn't do drugs.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
But did you give'er the D? that's the real question buddy.

Also glad you didn't do drugs.
We had no sex, neither was it appealing because my heart was moved with sorrow and compassion for her. She seemed very out of it and incoherent. I could not let my conscience rest if I were to take advantage of that.