• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No name

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I think everyone has a name- even if it is only "Hey, You!" because that is what the person is being called. (just kidding, guys)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Hey, I knew some guy who people called "Anonymous", but I don't think that was his name. He gave some money to a local school, but I really don't think anybody knew his name.

That means he didn't have one. I get a gluten free cookie.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
:frog: It's a real good thing this thread is not blue.....or I'd be OUT. Please, may I stay? (Even though you don't know my name).

Thief

Rogue Theologian
And Moses did ask.....
the people will want to know Whose law this is....what name shall I say?

And the Lord God said to him...
'Tell the people..."I AM".....and they that understand will know Whose law this is.

"I AM"...is not really a name.

God doesn't have a name.

I understand.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Popeye said "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When you know someone's name...what kind of relationship do you usually have with them?

There is no connection between knowing someone's name and a relationship. The reverse might be true, to know someone means you also know their name.

I know Jon Stewart's name and I want to be on the Daily Show but he does not know me and I shall never be invited.

I know the President of the USA's name but I will never have a relationship with him either.

I even know the made up names of everybody on RFs but I will probably never have a relationship with any of them.

Maybe you should reword the question.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I remember when the singer Prince changed his name to a symbol that no one could pronounce so everyone called him the artist formerly known as Prince. :)

Super Universe

Defender of God
And Moses did ask.....
the people will want to know Whose law this is....what name shall I say?

And the Lord God said to him...
'Tell the people..."I AM".....and they that understand will know Whose law this is.

"I AM"...is not really a name.

God doesn't have a name.

I understand.

Tell the people "I AM" was meant to convey "I exist". God did not say "Call me IAM".

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
There is no connection between knowing someone's name and a relationship. The reverse might be true, to know someone means you also know their name.

I know Jon Stewart's name and I want to be on the Daily Show but he does not know me and I shall never be invited.

thats because he doesnt know you or your name and is not the least bit interested in anything you have to say

If he did know you, and he thought you had something important to say, he might just invite you on his show

So knowing someone 'personally' (which is what Starlite is getting at) does change the dynamics of the relationship. It could even be that someone knows you personally and for that reason they do not like you... knowing someone 'personally' is what establishes, or ends, a relationship.