• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No more babies being delivered at NY hospital

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

F1fan

Veteran Member
Um, how do you know who infected who?
The family did a check on who got sick and when they first started feeling symptoms. The bride's uncle got sick the day after the event. He has been a proud anti-vaxxer. Everyone else didn't have symptoms until Tuesday to Thursday. Over 60 people tested positive for Covid within the week of the event. Everyone who got sick was vaccinated except the uncle.

I'm not sure how many of the event space staff got sick. They had perhaps 10 people serving dinner and drinks, so that company certainly faced being shut down for several weeks. That meant cancelling the events they had planned for the next few weeks.

Can you see how the selfishness of one person can trickled down to the lives of others, and be devastating? One person's poor judgment.

As I keep saying, if a person doesn't want to be vaccinated, fine. Just don't go around other people.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Where is public health if there is no health workers.

Most of the people fleeing healthcare, aren't leaving because of mandated vaccines (although that is occuring). They're leaving due to burnout, because of a populace that cares more about "supposed individual freedoms" over actual public health, and doing everything they can to mitigate this pandemic. Due to the blatant politization of a global health crisis, and over over a year of 75 hour workweeks and longer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/04/22/health-workers-covid-quit/

F1fan

Veteran Member
I honestly don't see how medical exemption plays in this, though. I also don't see how its misinformation or not accepting the facts that plays into people's healthcare choices. If anything, the facts made them choose what's best for their health being and others.

A little off track:

Why are medically exempt people excluded from getting the vaccine when both exempt and non exempt can spread the virus?
You need to realize the goal of vaccination is not that is protects individuals from Covid. It helps individuals from getting as sick, that's all.

The goal is that a high percentage of citizens gets vaccinated within a window of time, and this reduces the spread of the virus, and the severity, to a degree that the virus should not be able to thrive due to lack of vulnerable hosts. This is what experts in pandemics say. There is too much disinformation that is making poorly informed citizens feel like they need to avoid the vaccine. The irony is many of these people are now being exposed, getting deathly ill, many hospitalized, and a growing number dying. It's karma at work. But it is also hurting people like me who has lost work, income, and ruined my plans for racing this fall. It screws up lives. To the Right this is fantastic. They don't want the Democrats or experts to be correct in what they say about the pandemic. As long as the pandemic remains a serious problem it makes the administration look bad. And the administration decides to set mandates, and the Right makes that another issue to attack the administration.

Look how many people are saying the vaccines aren't working. But they never said to be cures. The rhetoric is getting more severe, and the Right seems to be winning the fight against America.

What about the choice to not take the vaccine make the non-exempt much more at risk than an exempt unvaccinated person?
There are people with conditions that make them need to avoid the vaccine and exposure to Covid. That is an issue they have with their doctors, and they need to design a strategy to navigate a society that includes many irresponsible members who are indifferent to the lives of others.

Imagine if you went into society and knew any one of the people you encountered could kill you, but never be held accountable for it.

If it were about the spread of the disease more than pushing people to get the vaccine, I'd hope there would be some studies on relieving the exempt so everyone can take it.
Well, only 70-80% of a population need to be vaccinated to reach herd immunity. That number may be higher now with the Delta variant because it is more contagious and replicates copies in higher numbers. The small number of medical exempt people are likely to avoid being in public given the huge risk of exposure to Covid, so they are unlikely to be a factor being unvaccinated.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Good riddance isn't exactly a loving statement:) - What's next, firing squad?
The unvaccinated are essentially firing squads to unexpected victims they infect. If you really wanted to hurt somebody, infect them with Covid. Most wont die, but they will suffer badly while ill.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It depends upon the kind of health worker.
Your average nurse or doctor isn't trained in immunology,
virology, or most importantly...in epidemiology. Fauci is
indeed in a political position. But I don't rely upon him.
Try info from one of the top public health schools in the
country...Johns Hopkins.
Home - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
They're more trustworthy than radio talk show guests
or the clerk selling you Zimecterin (aka Ivermectin) at
your local Tractor Supply.
I go with the American Association of physicians and surgeons.

They are independent, not influenced by political strong-arm tactics, and are not at risk of losing their jobs and credentials if they don't agree to go along with political juggernauts like the CDC which ironically, used to be a great arm on the health crisis frontlines. Not anymore as far as I'm concerned.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The unvaccinated are essentially firing squads to unexpected victims they infect. If you really wanted to hurt somebody, infect them with Covid. Most wont die, but they will suffer badly while ill.
Yes, torpedo all those children :mad: And while you are at it... Take all those STD carriers and line them up! And for that matter, prison camps for all those who have Hepatitis. TORPEDO LOADED!:rolleyes:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Can you offer a better alternative? Let's hear your preference and see if it will work to help society as a whole.

I predict you can't formulate a better option.
If you are really fearful, get the vaccine. Then you are protected. If someone doesn't, and the get infected, it was their life to decide... just as we decide if we smoke, drink or take drugs.