• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

nice food you don't have very often

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Fresh fresh fresh papaya or mango. This imported stuff is bad, especially papaya. Mango passes.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
More specifically, for me, bavette steak, cooked to just barely medium rare. (Any cut from the flank, if cut and cooked properly, has so much more flavour than any other cut.
bavette.gif

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But.... isn't the point of soup that it's hot?

I don't understand this world anymore!
Gazpacho!! If you were a Red Dwarf fan you would understand.

And personally I love it. Fresh tomatoes, some peppers. a bit of onion, cucumber. Don't cut them up very much. Just put them in the blender. Add some EVO at the end. Salt to taste. Maybe a splash of red wine vinegar.

No water added, but it is very much a liquid when done. Refrigerate until cold. I will use about two pounds of tomatoes (One kilo to our friends who know how to weigh things sensibly) and it will not last two days. And I am the only one that consumes it in the house.

It has to be during the summer with local fresh tomatoes.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I once had lamb vindaloo "Indian hot", and I could tell where it was for the next 12 hours. Sorta like "China Syndrome" as it burned its way through my system.

I'm not familiar with phaal, so I'll look it up right after this.
I am ready for phaal but they do not have it in my town. I have had Indian hot and it was not that bad. I am temped to order it at my current favorite Indian food place since their regular hottest does not do anything for me.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

And personally I love it. Fresh tomatoes, some peppers. a bit of onion, cucumber. Don't cut them up very much. Just put them in the blender. Add some EVO at the end. Salt to taste. Maybe a splash of red wine vinegar.

No water added, but it is very much a liquid when done. Refrigerate until cold. I will use about two pounds of tomatoes (One kilo to our friends who know how to weigh things sensibly) and it will not last two days. And I am the only one that consumes it in the house.

Always a great treat during summer. I always have some finely diced (brunoise) peppers, onion and cucumber to add after the Gazpacho has been blended. Adds a little tooth, which can be very nice. Oh, and don't forget a few drops of your favourite hot sauce -- sort of "fire and ice" on the tongue. Excellent!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Surprised you even know about Red Dwarf I am a fan and a gazpacho fan.

You can actually get half decent cartons of gazpacho in the local supermarket, a local tomato growers coop went into gazpacho a few years ago, they earn more from the soup than selling the tomatoes.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Always a great treat during summer. I always have some finely diced (brunoise) peppers, onion and cucumber to add after the Gazpacho has been blended. Adds a little tooth, which can be very nice. Oh, and don't forget a few drops of your favourite hot sauce -- sort of "fire and ice" on the tongue. Excellent!
Somehow a serrano pepper usually tends to fall into my blender when making gazpacho. I have no idea how that happens.