• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

nice food you don't have very often

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
We're having "buttered chicken" for dinner today, and it's an Indian dish with a spicy tomatoey sauce over basmati.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I wish we had curry houses here. I'd love to try it. Sadly, Americans tend have a bland palate, so they probably wouldn't gain much popularity.
You don't have curry houses? Does the US have a high suicide rate?!

A phall is basically an idiotically hot curry garnished with raw chilli. Wiki says it's available in the US. Don't. Just don't. (See @ChristineM 's post for details).

- Phall - Wikipedia

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No chance. Vindaloos are mental. Phaal is an attempted suicide. (My brother used to have them).
I once had lamb vindaloo "Indian hot", and I could tell where it was for the next 12 hours. Sorta like "China Syndrome" as it burned its way through my system.

I'm not familiar with phaal, so I'll look it up right after this.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I once had lamb vindaloo "Indian hot", and I could tell where it was for the next 12 hours. Sorta like "China Syndrome" as it burned its way through my system.

I'm not familiar with phaal, so I'll look it up right after this.
Vindaloo with chopped raw chilli garnish.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
You don't have curry houses? Does the US have a high suicide rate?!

A phall is basically an idiotically hot curry garnished with raw chilli. Wiki says it's available in the US. Don't. Just don't. (See @ChristineM 's post for details).

- Phall - Wikipedia
I've never come across a curry house in my years here. The only restaurants I've seen that offer curry dishes are Indian and Thai.

Bear in mind you're talking to a guy that adds red chili powder to vindaloo simmer sauce and orders all his food in Indian restaurants Indian hot.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I've never come across a curry house in my years here. The only restaurants I've seen that offer curry dishes are Indian and Thai.

Bear in mind you're talking to a guy that adds red chili powder to vindaloo simmer sauce.
Ok you might survive a phall then.

Curry house just means Indian restaurant so I don't quite get your post?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok you might survive a phall then.

Curry house just means Indian restaurant so I don't quite get your post?
When I googled phall, it said it was unique to curry houses in the UK. When I googled curry houses, it said it referred to restaurants serving South Asian Cuisine particularly in the UK, so I thought it was a different type of restaurant unique to the UK.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No chance. Vindaloos are mental. Phaal is an attempted suicide. (My brother used to have them).

Can't get a good indian curry here, give me a lamb karahi and I'm yours ;-). Last one i had was years and years and years ago. (Actually the time before last i went to the UK so about a year and a half)

Pretty good Thai nearby but Indian restaurants are few and far between and cater more for french tastes (understandably i suppose;-)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
When I googled phall, it said it was unique to curry houses in the UK. When I googled curry houses, it said it referred to restaurants serving South Asian Cuisine particularly in the UK, so I thought it was a different type of restaurant unique to the UK.
Just means Indian restaurant. Maybe we have a bigger selection of dishes?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Can't get a good indian curry here, give me a lamb karahi and I'm yours ;-). Last one i had was years and years and years ago. (Actually the time before last i went to the UK so about a year and a half)

Pretty good Thai nearby but Indian restaurants are few and far between and cater more for french tastes (understandably i suppose;-)
Don't want to make you feel bad, but my takeaway is 5 minutes drive away, has won national awards and has more than 280 menu items, including lamb karahi for £9.50.