• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Stimulous checks on the way!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That may or may not happen with the tyrant insisting on defunding the CDC and attacking Social Security and Medicare as well as cutting testing.

He's weak and will probably cave in but it's possible this time he won't.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I still haven't gotten my first one. My tax returns also haven't been processed. This has been a catastrophe from my perspective.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It would certainly take a degree of pressure off understandably worried people who are out of work or have low incomes.
Or, people in my case, having enough health problems as it is that risking damge from covid is additional damage to our already damged bodies. I haven't heard of my conditions worsening my chances with covid, but lung scaring on top of moderate to severe knee arthritis would basically end my ability to be more than semi-sedintary. I already have aetter from my doctor recommending me for disabilities. I'd like to keep not having to resort to it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That may or may not happen with the tyrant insisting on defunding the CDC and attacking Social Security and Medicare as well as cutting testing.

He's weak and will probably cave in but it's possible this time he won't.
Its something he wants, and I'm sure hes aware of the idea of buying votes. He may even push for a third one just to have people seeing that he potentially tried to buy them again (but they'll see he tried to bail them out again).

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I still haven't gotten my first one. My tax returns also haven't been processed. This has been a catastrophe from my perspective.
From what I hear, you needed to have your taxes settled in order to get the check.

Hopefully you will be able to accomplish that. Best of luck.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Thats whack. I didnt get mine right away, which I didnt think I would as Ive owed Uncle Sam the past few years and thus he doesn't have my direct deposit info, but I do believe my check was in the mail the Monday after the forst week they statted going out. You'd think mine would have been one of them held up.:confused:

esmith

Veteran Member
Well the last one allowed me to stimulate the John Deere company......my old old Husqvarn was on its last legs

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And how are we paying for it? (Just curious)
I'm a fiscal conservative and don't like spending that kind of money on principle without paying for it in some way.

But balancing the budget when it means a truly horrible depression is to me a worse option.

Now if we can keep free-spending deficit-creating borrow and spend right wingers out of government maybe we can get back to surpluses some day. Without Bush's and Trump's tax cuts we would have had years of surpluses cushioning the problem.

Gambrinus

accumulative error
Just yesterday I talked to a guy at IRS Get My Payment and he told me that there are many people who have not received their check, he mentioned that many people are unhappy about this because it looks like a second check may be coming and they like myself are still waiting on the first check to arrive.

He also told me to keep waiting it will come eventually.

Shaul

Premium Member
Let’s be clear about this. First of all, the Republicans (in the Senate and White House) have been in favor of a second “stimulus” (not the best term IMHO) check all along. This is supported in the article you cited where it mentioned Senator McConnell had repeated saying this. There has been no change in the Republican position. Second, the key hold up, if there will be any, will be reconciling the Democrat House version and the Senate versions. Which will hinge on how much Democrat desired “extras” are loaded into the House version.

Yeah, this is not major news. But it is at least a good sign.

PureX

Veteran Member
The republicans need to make sure their rich cronies (the ones that publicly announce they support Donald Trump) get billions more free, unaccounted for dollars, first.