• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Non-Chrisitan Believer

Dena

Hello! I guess I am supposed to introduce myself so here I am. I was raised in a Christian environment, attended Christian school. Today I am still a Believer in ONE God but I am not a Christian. I am studying Judaism and Noahidism (if that is a word).

Morse

To Extinguish
Fascinating specimen we have here ladies and gentlemen. Raised as a christian and now a convert! Running from her dark past! ((Insert dramatic hand gestures and intense shadowing effects)) What shall our dearest protagonist do now?! Well, she shall be greeted by a strange man on stilts wearing striped pants!

"Hello there and welcome to this forum which i myself am relatively new to."

But I've always found people raised since childhood to dance to a certain tune (particularly religion and politics) that switched to an entirely different dance a fascinating demographic. Probably because I am one myself, which makes me selfish, but hey I'm only human right?

What made you convert?

What made you choose Judaism and Noahidism?

Evolution, Creation, Intelligent Design, or N/A?

Coke, Pepsi, or the ever superior Orange Juice?

Dena

I wouldn't say I am converting to anything. I have just left Christianity behind for many different reasons. None of them involving Cole or Pepsi, I don't like either one. What made me choose? Well, I still believe in God and I believe Him to be one entity. Christianity to my understanding, has at least four gods (Father, Son, Holy Spirit and Satan...yes, I think they make Satan a god). I respect the Bible but I think there are many, many different way to interpret it and one way is not necessarily better than the other. In some instances yes, in others, it doesn't really matter. I don't think there will be any point in life where I say "Okay, now I've got the absolute truth". I will always be searching, learning, growing, analyzing, discussing and hashing it all out. I am drawn to learn about Judaism but that does not mean I want to convert. I am "in the closet" so to speak as my family does not know about the beliefs I've tossed aside and the new ones I've adopted.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
HI! I too am a Noahide. You'll find that there are a few of us on here! I am one of them. NoahideHiker is another. I hope you enjoy your time here and may HaShem rain blessings down upon you as you continue in your studies.

Morse

To Extinguish
Ahh I see, not much I can say about your comment except to say that I understand where you are coming from.

And the Pepsi vs Coke was a personal preference question, nothing to do with religion.

What DO you like to drink?

If its liquid nitrogen, then we should have a party together.

Morse

To Extinguish
I've actually heard of a professor who put some in his mouth and spit it out into a splendiferous cloud of nitrogen gas.

One of his students tried it.

ER

Morse

To Extinguish
Evolution didn't seem like a good idea to most people when Darwin was first postulating.

Dena

Well...I suppose that is true. I would say it hasn't sent anyone to the ER but I could be wrong on that assumption.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Welcome to RF! :D

We'll get a Noachide DIR here yet!

(You'll understand that in due time ;) )

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Hello! I guess I am supposed to introduce myself so here I am. I was raised in a Christian environment, attended Christian school. Today I am still a Believer in ONE God but I am not a Christian. I am studying Judaism and Noahidism (if that is a word).

Hello Dena!

Welcome to RF ;)

What sources do you use to study Judaism and Noahidism?

Dena

Hello Dena!

Welcome to RF ;)

What sources do you use to study Judaism and Noahidism?

Websites like Chabad.org, Kosher Judaism, Hashkafah.com, Virtual Yeshiva, AskNoah.org, Jews for Judaism and some Reform sites. I've also met with my local Rabbi and I read books.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Websites like Chabad.org, Kosher Judaism, Hashkafah.com, Virtual Yeshiva, AskNoah.org, Jews for Judaism and some Reform sites. I've also met with my local Rabbi and I read books.

Are you considering conversion or do you plan to remain a Noahide?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
*nods*
I hope you'll find RF complementary to your other sources, and enjoy your time here ;)
its a diverse place, and one also gets to hear different perspectives on the very same religious or theological issue.

Dena

Are you considering conversion or do you plan to remain a Noahide?

I will likely just stay the way I am. I don't think I would ever consider Orthodox Conversion and being that I am married, I couldn't convert anyway. I know there are other routes but I don't know if I would be comfortable with those either (and I am well aware that the Orthodox don't consider them valid). For now I just study and learn. What about you?

Last edited:

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
I will likely just stay the way I am. I don't think I would ever consider Orthodox Conversion and being that I am married, I couldn't convert anyway. I know there are other routes but I don't know if I would be comfortable with those either (and I am well aware that the Orthodox don't consider them valid). For now I just study and learn. What about you?

Well, I want to convert...I just love it that much (especially Chabad). But, I also have a life that I want to lead. I'm just at the beginning of my journey in life (I'm fairly young), but still, I'd like to be able to do all the things I want without the restrictions of the law.

At the same time, I feel so connected to the tradition and to the religion itself that I think I'll find it hard not to convert in the future. My hope is that once I've had my fun and retired from whatever it is I'll be doing, then maybe I can/will convert.