• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Non-Chrisitan Believer

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member

DIR = Discuss Individual Religion

A religion's home forum, where those of that faith can have fellowship with others of the same faith.

Noachide faith has no DIR at the present, and must use the general Abrahamic Religions forum.

Dena

DIR = Discuss Individual Religion

A religion's home forum, where those of that faith can have fellowship with others of the same faith.

Noachide faith has no DIR at the present, and must use the general Abrahamic Religions forum.

Ah, okay. I thought that might be to what you were referring but I wasn't sure.

Dena

Well, I want to convert...I just love it that much (especially Chabad). But, I also have a life that I want to lead. I'm just at the beginning of my journey in life (I'm fairly young), but still, I'd like to be able to do all the things I want without the restrictions of the law.

At the same time, I feel so connected to the tradition and to the religion itself that I think I'll find it hard not to convert in the future. My hope is that once I've had my fun and retired from whatever it is I'll be doing, then maybe I can/will convert.

I find things I respect and appreciate about Chabad and Orthodoxy in general but there are things with which I don't agree. Same with Conservative and Reform. I like parts of them but I have serious issues with other things. As I said, I am married so that is at the core of the decisions I make. My husband is an atheist with no desire to take on a religion or faith. At least not at this point in his life anyway.

What things do you want to do that you feel would be hindered by your conversion?

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
I find things I respect and appreciate about Chabad and Orthodoxy in general but there are things with which I don't agree. Same with Conservative and Reform. I like parts of them but I have serious issues with other things. As I said, I am married so that is at the core of the decisions I make. My husband is an atheist with no desire to take on a religion or faith. At least not at this point in his life anyway.
Indeed.

What things do you want to do that you feel would be hindered by your conversion?
Be a cop and do military related things. Those things wouldn't necessarily be hindered by conversion, but by not converting I have more...mobility as to what I could and couldn't do. For instance, if I convert I can't work from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday...and well, as a cop that's like the worst time to decide not to work...