• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need Your Help! How Does Thread X Further the Forum Mission?

Please See OP Before Responding to Poll

• The Thread furthers the Forum Mission

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Thread detracts from the Forum Mission

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • The Thread neither furthers nor detracts from the Forum Mission

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
*popcorn* looking forward to seeing how this new "furthering the forum mission" plays out with the Usual Suspects.

So does this threadm mark a new policy where the rank and file members get to participate in deciding what's appropriate, or what?

PureX

Veteran Member
I appreciate your support, nonetheless even staff have accused me of propaganda.
You & I are both not shy about expressing opinions that some might call extreme. .
So if propagandizing were to be sanctioned, we'd have reason for concern.
Nevertheless, limits have to be applied, or we'll have political spam being passed off as "opinion" all day long. And we'll need a new "Fox Forum" just to house it all. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nevertheless, limits have to be applied, or we'll have have political spam being passed off as "opinion". And we'll need a new "Fox Forum" just to house it all. :)
Spam is objectively identified.....
- Boilerplate lifted from elsewhere
- Repetition verbatim in multiple posts
That's worth prohibiting even when it isn't propaganda.

It's OK with me to call my posts propaganda.
They won't be able to show spamming, so I'll be permitted to post.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
So does this threadm mark a new policy where the rank and file members get to participate in deciding what's appropriate, or what?

This thread reflects my policy of -- whenever I judge it both practical, useful, and advisable -- seeking the views and opinions of other people to help guide me in my job as an administrator. On most issues, I can get a pretty good idea of what people are thinking just by reading the Forum. This is a case in which I want to be as certain as possible that I understand what people think about these things.

Beyond that, anyone and everyone is welcomed and encouraged to start threads in Site Feedback with their views and advice on any Forum issue of concern to them.

HonestJoe

I would like your opinion on how and why a certain thread posted earlier today promotes, encourages, or otherwise furthers the RF Forum Mission?
In general nothing in the "Political" and little in the "Kitchen Sink" sections will directly further that core mission. They probably further it indirectly, by encouraging more contributions and community in general, which is presumably why those sections exist.

That specific post probably doesn't contribute to very much at all but it's far from alone in that, in the religious sections and non-religious ones. I don't think you can address the forum mission on a post-by-post basis. As long as the mission is being met over all, a few noises off don't really matter.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Does this contribute to the Forum's mission?

Seems like maybe someone(s) is trying to lay the ground work for future arbitrary censorship along personal belief lines...just sayin'.
Aye, when those who make & enforce the rules display a
shared & sometimes hostile bias against some views, it
does raise the question of potential unintended influence
upon moderation. Unlike the court system, the process
here is largely opaque.

Note: I'm still here posting, so moderation must be great.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Aye, when those who make & enforce the rules display a
shared & sometimes hostile bias against some views, it
does raise the question of potential unintended influence
upon moderation. Unlike the court system, the process
here is largely opaque.
But since I'm still here posting, moderation must be great.

You're definitely preaching to the choir...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Does this contribute to the Forum's mission?

Seems like maybe someone(s) is trying to lay the ground work for future arbitrary censorship along personal belief lines...just sayin'.
That's not my belief which is a positive view of the questioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.