• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC and Their Deceptive Editing

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Has NBC decided that their network is in trouble? Is it that only viewers they have left are those that are, how should I say, politically well left of center. It seems that NBC has been caught at least four times editing tapes that pander to the lefts ideology. For those of you that don't remember here they are.
Wawagate. Another was the Zimmerman Edit and the latest was McCain Edit. We also remember the unintentional/intentional edit of National Anthem

Only four times? You're seriously going to try and make a deal out of a mere four times?

Next thing you know, you'll be claiming NBC is left wing.

A conservative is someone with a great sense of humor who doesn't understand they have a great sense of humor.

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
Only four times? You're seriously going to try and make a deal out of a mere four times?

Next thing you know, you'll be claiming NBC is left wing.

A conservative is someone with a great sense of humor who doesn't understand they have a great sense of humor.

Or someone who assumes contempt for Fox news = attachment to CNN or NBC.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
It seems that now there is some nascent balance to that.
But ugh....does this mean we'll see a plethora of dueling threads about left-vs-right news sources?

This I agree with. Neither of us run these companies and we've discovered they all engage in this. And one shouldn't be getting their "news" primarily from these sources....

EDIT: Whether I'm right or wrong..I tend to tune into C-Span a lot these days to watch some interviews. From what I can tell they don't spin it like we see with Fox and MSNBC etc. They seem to be a little more informative...at least to me they are.

Question: What is your (this question if for anyone wanting to answer) impression of C-Span?....I won't be offended by negative answers. I just want your honest opinion.

Last edited:

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
I think all news shows are biased. If you watch both sides, you might find the truth if you really look for it.

Take a liberal news source and a conservative one. Now, throw out everything they disagree on, and find the middle ground, the things they do agree on, and you might have something resembling the truth.

But it's worse than just major new sources. Even local news sources are extremely biased. One of our local daily newspapers is highly conservative, which isn't really surprising being in the Midwest, but it's still disturbing that I can't even trust the local newspaper anymore.

There are no reliable news sources in America. There are a few decent ones abroad, but even then, there's still a slant to it. It's really sad that it's come down to not being able to just find out what the news is, without some yahoo trying to tell us what to think and feel about it. I'll make up my own mind about it, thanks.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Question: What is your (this question if for anyone wanting to answer) impression of C-Span?....I won't be offended by negative answers. I just want your honest opinion.

If I got a TV again, it would be for C-Span. That and the sexy beer ads on the networks.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
If anyone wants pure news, they should turn on those old radios and search for any remaining channels; if the truth's hidden from us, best listen to the stations nobody listens to anymore. Right?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
If anyone wants pure news, they should turn on those old radios and search for any remaining channels; if the truth's hidden from us, best listen to the stations nobody listens to anymore. Right?

Yea..AM radio had a couple good news programs....but I've since moved on to Sirius Satellite Radio.