• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name change and explanations regarding Nowhere Man

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This thread is intended to announce some fundamental changes I have requested to staff in regards to my forum name and change of avatar as well as making a public apology for my recent behavior and aggressive and provocative postings particularly in the political forums and subsets here.

First of all, Nowhere Man is no more as this cloud has now since passed and dissipated over the great pond.

In place of my username, I will be henceforth known as Twilight Hue.

This name change is to reflect my personal affinity to strive for the middle way, and serves as a gentle reminder for me to reflect the tenants I have found through philosophical Buddhism and common practices which have played key and beneficial roles in my personal life on and off the net.

Unfortunately I have strayed quite a bit from that philosophy in past years and have recklessly allowed my personal passions and emotions to become uncontrolled to a point where things have become counterproductive and adversarial with my exchanges during conversations and debates. The kicking of the ox or the screaming monkey as it were. I have neglected the virtue of mindfulness.

For that, I would like to express my deepest apologies to anyone who I may have offended or angered by my recent behavior. My demeanor and approach will no longer be done in that style.

As one extinguishes a flame on a candle and then lit again, the flame brings on new meaning and character.

Thank you for your understanding and forgiveness.

Gassho

Twilight Hue

_/\_

Twilight Hue

We'll always remember you as Nowhere man
Maybe, but not everybody. I guess it's good though in its own way when you reflect back on things. After all, we are very complex and multifaceted beings.

Some days I look in the mirror and don't like what I see, and other days I do like what I see with the comfort of knowing there's only forward once you walk away from that mirror until you look at it again in the future and see something different when your reflection looks back.

Twilight Hue

Best wishes on your change of direction. May it lead you ever onward.
It's much appreciated.

Sometimes one forgets how to meditate even while sitting due to falling asleep.

It would adequately explain the newly discovered bump on my head.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have always known you as nowhere man and enjoyed many (not all) of your posts and laughed and not an inconsiderable number of them. I will miss them, hopefully your rebuild as a different model will not change the content too much

Thanks for this OP, it saves me considering you missing in action.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This thread is intended to announce some fundamental changes I have requested to staff in regards to my forum name and change of avatar as well as making a public apology for my recent behavior and aggressive and provocative postings particularly in the political forums and subsets here.

First of all, Nowhere Man is no more as this cloud has now since passed and dissipated over the great pond.

This name change is to reflect my personal affinity to strive for the middle way, and serves as a gentle reminder for me to reflect the tenants I have found through philosophical Buddhism and common practices which have played key and beneficial roles in my personal life on and off the net.

Unfortunately I have strayed quite a bit from that philosophy in past years and have recklessly allowed my personal passions and emotions to become uncontrolled to a point where things have become counterproductive and adversarial with my exchanges during conversations and debates. The kicking of the ox or the screaming monkey as it were. I have neglected the virtue of mindfulness.

For that, I would like to express my deepest apologies to anyone who I may have offended or angered by my recent behavior. My demeanor and approach will no longer be done in that style.

As one extinguishes a flame on a candle and then lit again, the flame brings on new meaning and character.

Gassho

Twilight Hue

_/\_
May you & your equanimity stay healthy.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Gassho

Twilight Hue

_/\_
It is good to see you are on a good path in your life now @Twilight Hue :) i wish you all the best in your middle path, and i hope you will realize a lot of wisdom from within you.

If you ever offended me or hurt me, that is in the past and all is forgiven :praying:
Walk in peace

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

First of all, congrats on your decision and also your new commitment to the FNT and the EP, which I think are wise teachings for us all.

Love your new avatar, btw!

Twilight Hue

I have always known you as nowhere man and enjoyed many (not all) of your posts and laughed and not an inconsiderable number of them. I will miss them, hopefully your rebuild as a different model will not change the content too much

Thanks for this OP, it saves me considering you missing in action.

I'm still going to be passionate about various topics. I just need to avoid being overly reckless while addressing them.

I find it rather difficult to aggressively swim up waterfalls as determined salmon swimming alongside have a tendency to keep bopping you on the head.

I think I might kayak from now on. ;O)

Twilight Hue

First of all, congrats on your decision and also your new commitment to the FNT and the EP, which I think are wise teachings for us all.

Love your new avatar, btw!

It's a beautiful painting. I always found twilight to be that special moment of calm harmoniously nestled between two extremes. You can still see the landscape in beautiful contrast, where light and dark meets in harmonious perfection.

It serves as a reminder of where I would like to be in this life.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
We'll always remember you as Nowhere man
Maybe, but not everybody
Well... for me I'll always remember the gleeful avatar dumping out gallons and gallons of never-ending water.
:D

Unfortunately I have strayed quite a bit from that philosophy in past years and have recklessly allowed my personal passions and emotions to become uncontrolled to a point where things have become counterproductive and adversarial with my exchanges during conversations and debates.

I guess I'm lucky. I never noticed that side of you. But I also avoid political debates.

I will be henceforth known as Twilight Hue.

It's a great pleasure to make your acquaintance, Twilight Hue. I hope your middle path leads you to health, wealth, and happiness.

Sincerely,

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member

Gassho

Twilight Hue

_/\_
I have been there, it takes a lot of courage to look deep and re-discover who you are. Welcome back!

Twilight Hue

Well... for me I'll always remember the gleeful avatar dumping out gallons and gallons of never-ending water.
:D

I guess I'm lucky. I never noticed that side of you. But I also avoid political debates.

It's a great pleasure to make your acquaintance, Twilight Hue. I hope your middle path leads you to health, wealth, and happiness.

Sincerely,

I'm still partial to that Avatar. You have to understand that your arms get really tired holding up that thing for so long!

You know I actually hate politics but there's so much passion that with that subject you sort of get drawn into it.
It's probably due to the fact that politics affects our daily lives and way of living.

When you really think about it those are short-term concerns given our lives are barely a blip on the universal scale. I really do find the larger picture to be much more interesting so I'm going to find a point to basically wrap up my political inputs a bit and concentrate more on religious and philosophical topics. I will still discuss politics but not as much as I have been.

I think my conversations in the past few years have have a great learning experience with all the bumps and bruises and scrapping about. It really does exemplify the philosophy of the middle way or middle path if you prefer. It seems when you practice it life becomes much more palatable even when things storm around you.

I appreciate your post and kind words and look eagerly forward to all the new interesting and exciting subjects that are bound to come across the forum.