• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name change and explanations regarding Nowhere Man

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
May you have better luck than I turning over a new leaf.

I suppose after awhile you eventually stop turning leaves over and finally are ready to crumble it and seep it for that delicious cup of tea that you have been waiting so long for.

It's worth the trouble I think. ;O)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
This name change is to reflect my personal affinity to strive for the middle way, and serves as a gentle reminder for me to reflect the tenants I have found through philosophical Buddhism and common practices which have played key and beneficial roles in my personal life on and off the net.
I read today a detailed review you gave on RF, which I like and which made me search your old name, but indeed it's gone. I was not aware of all the "stuff" which happened in the past, but I noticed that @Twilight Hue is nice and respectful. I have been reading lots of your threads lately, and liked it. So, thanks

When I was around 20 years old, I started to study Buddhism. And straight away I knew that my major lesson from Buddha is "The Golden Middle Path". I felt it clearly, this is of paramount importance. Was a feeling (I did not understand how/why at the moment), and I had no clue, how important it was for me. This I only figured out in the 25 years that followed. Even today I found out, that there was again 1 thing that needed to be "middled out". I can so easily go into extremes. Fasting for weeks, and then overeating to mention one. Fanatic going on for 3 days without even sleep if I want a problem to be solved, but also not interested to do a thing sometimes.

So, thanks for reminding me of "The Golden Middle Path" of my beloved Buddha.