• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Myers Briggs Type Inventory

What is your Myers Briggs Personality Type?

• Total voters

standing_alone

Someone was asking me to post about the workshop that I took on Myers Briggs and our spiritual types. I can't remember who - maybe standing_alone? :confused:

Yeah, it was me. :D

I think it's interesting how the different personality types tend to approach spirituality and such (at least the little I've seen on the topic). I think I kind of go against what is expected of an INFP, since I'm an atheist. I just think that it's interesting to think about. I wonder though, depending on the personality type, how one comes to a certain path depends on their personality type just as much so as what that path is (does this make any sense? I can't find the way to phrase what I mean)?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Ummm...if harmony is an important priciple for me, isn't it more important that I adhere to it rather than debate it? Not that I want to debate about this...:D
I was afraid you were gonna say something like that! :p

What I mean by preferring principle over harmony is like when someone gets upset about something that may seem trivial to you and when you ask why (s)he says "It's the principle of the thing!" That's a rather clumsy example because I very rarely say that, but I think it gets the point across.

Here is a description of INTP that I think accurately describes me:

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

For an NF, interpersonal conflict is toxic. Whereas for an NT, we tend to objectify it a bit more. Tho I'll admit that I do find conflict to be stressful, and even as I'm engaging in it, because I feel I have to (whether or not I really do have to is another matter), I always have in the back of my mind the hope that it will be over soon and we'll have reached some better mutual understanding. One could argue that if one wants to avoid conflict, then one should avoid conflict. To which I have no good response. It is something that I struggle with. :eek:

Aqualung

Tasty
Yeah, it was me. :D

I think it's interesting how the different personality types tend to approach spirituality and such (at least the little I've seen on the topic). I think I kind of go against what is expected of an INFP, since I'm an atheist. I just think that it's interesting to think about. I wonder though, depending on the personality type, how one comes to a certain path depends on their personality type just as much so as what that path is (does this make any sense? I can't find the way to phrase what I mean)?
Not completely on subject, but there are more INTJ Libertarians than any other typology. In fact, the Libertarian club is exclusively INTJs here.

standing_alone

Not completely on subject, but there are more INTJ Libertarians than any other typology. In fact, the Libertarian club is exclusively INTJs here.

Yeah, that is interesting, though. It'd be fun to break down people on the forum into the different types and see where those types tend to fall politically and spiritually. Or maybe it wouldn't be fun. I'm kind of a geek. :shrug:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
This sooo NOT me, it's not even close.

I formally declare the Meyer's Brigg Type Inventory Crap, and you all had better agree with me.

Eeep!

That's interesting- I didn't know that!

Approaches to spirituality and personality types would indeed be an interesting topic to study!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
INFJ

slightly expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive
distinctly expressed feeling
slightly expressed judging

lunamoth

Will to love
Speaking as an INFP, one of the easiest ways of telling if you're of that type is if you'd prefer to bow to what other people say than to risk arguing with them and upsetting anyone! :) (Generalization, but... well, I don't have any excuse for it!)

But thinking-feeling is such a complex catagory of respose and relationship, it's really doing oneself a disservice to say that because you like to maintain good relationships among people, look for bridges instead of fences, that you are more 'feeling' than 'thinking.' Seems to me that the person who'd rather drive home the point that they are right rather than seek harmony is not so much 'thinking' as they are stroking their ego.

You know, it really depends on where you are envisioning yourself as you answer those questions. If you thinking about how to interact with people at an online religion forum you might answer one way, if you are in a war fighting for your life you'll think another. A person who is spending a lot of their time at a place of buisness trying to get things accomplished is going to answer differently than a mom at home with the kids and trying to organize a fun play date with friends. My answers would be a lot different after a day at the lab than after a Sunday afternoon at home, but maybe that's just because I'm so evenly divided on that particular catagory. :shrug:

Pehaps I've discovered the reason I avoided taking the test to begin with...I don't like labels and boxes. :D

Aqualung

Tasty
Yeah, that is interesting, though. It'd be fun to break down people on the forum into the different types and see where those types tend to fall politically and spiritually. Or maybe it wouldn't be fun. I'm kind of a geek. :shrug:

I think it would be EXCEPTIONALLY fun, actually.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
INFJ

slightly expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive
distinctly expressed feeling
slightly expressed judging
I can't remember what all the letters mean. I'm not too different from you, so maybe you could help me out. I'm an ISFJ.

Also, it's been SOOOO long since I took the test, that I can't even remember what the explanations actually mean. Help me out... For instance, what does it mean to be a slightly expressed introvert?

Somebody tell me about myself based on my ISFJ designation. And don't just say "slightly expressed introvert." That doesn't help me a whole lot.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
ENTJ profile said:
[SIZE=+1]Your Type is [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+2]ENTJ[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]1 62 12 89[/SIZE]
ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. ...

This sooo NOT me, it's not even close.

I formally declare the Meyer's Brigg Type Inventory Crap, and you all had better agree with me.
lol! Well, my description describes me very well. And I have been able to guess the types of people whom I know pretty accurately.

I still think that you are an F, not a T. And I don't know whether you are an introvert or extrovert (hard to tell online).

The diagnostic doesn't tell you what you are. It only indicates what you are based on your answers, and your answers may vary depending on circumstance. (For example, people often test differently in the work environment than when not at work. I did. I became more F.) If you feel that you've been miscategorized then you probably have been.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I can't remember what all the letters mean. I'm not too different from you, so maybe you could help me out. I'm an ISFJ.

Also, it's been SOOOO long since I took the test, that I can't even remember what the explanations actually mean. Help me out... For instance, what does it mean to be a slightly expressed introvert?

I found this site, which seemed to describe the personality type nicely. I would definitely picture you as 'the nurturer'!

lunamoth

Will to love
lol! Well, my description describes me very well. And I have been able to guess the types of people whom I know pretty accurately.
The ENTJ profile sounds like a psycho to me (no it doesn't Norman; YES, IT DOES MOTHER!).

I still think that you are an F, not a T.
If I think it is important I will always uphold a principle over making nice. But, I have to admit, outside of work I don't think there are many things that fit in that catagory.

And I don't know whether you are an introvert or extrovert (hard to tell online).
I really am right in between. I would never call myself either one.

The diagnostic doesn't tell you what you are. It only indicates what you are based on your answers, and your answers may vary depending on circumstance. (For example, people often test differently in the work environment than when not at work. I did. I became more F.) If you feel that you've been miscategorized then you probably have been.
That's what I was getting at in my reply to Feathers.

luna

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I just read it. For the most part, it's right on the money. But somehow I don't see myself as as being "unlikely to express my feelings." Anybody noticed that about me? :biglaugh: Frubals to anyone who tell me how cautious I am about expressing my opinions.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

Beats me Katspur. I didn't get into the explanations too deeply.

I would assume though that you're the same as me (Introverted, feeling, judging)except that you rely more on reason than intution (hence the S rather than an N).

Anyway, mine really came up INRI, I just didn't want to brag.