• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Myers Briggs Type Inventory

What is your Myers Briggs Personality Type?

• Total voters

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Sometimes I have watched two people whom I like/admire really tick each other off. And I've experienced not getting along with people who seem perfectly reasonable when interacting with others. At these times, we tend to get frustrated and start accusing the other party of bad intentions. But I think usually this is not the case. Usually, we are coming into these debates with different assumptions and different ways of viewing the world, BUT we are assuming that everyone else thinks the same way that we do.

The Myers Briggs Personality Type Inventory says that we perceive things differently based on our MB type. And that people of different types can come into conflict based on these different expectations of each other.

There have been threads on Myers-Briggs before but I do not recall one with a poll.

I am curious to see what our member's different types are like; whether we are skewed towards any particular areas, and whether we can identify patterns between MB type and the way that we "debate" online.

So please, if you have the time, answer the questions in the following page and report your type in the poll. Or if you have taken the inventory before and already know your type. And if anyone feels that the site did not report their personality accurately, go with your own feeling of what you are. It is probably more accurate. Tho it would be interesting to hear how the inventory differed from your own perceptions.

I chose this one because it seemed the most comprehensive (ie - long):
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Here's a much shorter inventory based on self-reporting:
http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html

Please note that since there weren't enough options in the poll for all 16 types, I omitted the I/E dimension, since introversion and extroversion probably do not play as much a factor in our online interactions here as the other dimensions. (Then again, I may be wrong about that!) But please feel free to report what you are in that respect.

I'll start. I am INTP.
  • distinctively expressed introvert
  • highly expressed intuitive personality
  • slightly expressed thinking personality
  • moderately expressed perceiving personality

Ðanisty

I've taken this test at least 10 times and I always get the same thing, so I'm not taking it again, no offense. I'm an INTJ...introverted-intuition-thinking-judgment.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I'll take the test again- the last few times I've taken it, I've been an INFP. Maybe it'll say something different this time. :)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
[SIZE=+1]Your Type is
[SIZE=+2] ENFP
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]ExtrovertedIntuitiveFeelingPerceiving [SIZE=-0]
Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE]
62 38 11
ENFP type description by D.Keirsey
ENFP type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

[SIZE=+1]Qualitative analysis of your type formula[/SIZE]
You are:
  • distinctively expressed extrovert
  • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed feeling personality
  • slightly expressed perceiving personality
I've taken this test many times and the only category that changes is the last one.....from perceiving to judging. Usually the numbers are quite low.

lizskid

BANNED
ENFJ

slightly expressed extrovert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
distinctively expressed judging personality

It's that judging thing that scares me, as I really try NOT to judge all the time.
I think it's more an issue of following guidelines/rules in my OCD type that got this rating. LOL More than you wanted to know?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Nope, INFP again. Some of the descriptions do seem to apply to me.
You are:
  • very expressed introvert
  • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
  • very expressed feeling personality
  • moderately expressed perceiving personality

I enjoyed the summaries that the site links to, especially this one. The description of a person who names and creates personalities for their stuffed animals and have sympathy, no matter how illogical, for almost anyone seem to be both the things I enjoy most about and the things I wish I could change about myself.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Ðanisty said:
I've taken this test at least 10 times and I always get the same thing, so I'm not taking it again, no offense. I'm an INTJ...introverted-intuition-thinking-judgment.
lol, why would I be offended? I said if you already knew your type, just go ahead and report it. So you did exactly what I requested. Thanks. :) Your type is generally not supposed to change so it's not surprising that you get the same results each time.

Would you agree with your type?

nutshell

INTJ
-very expressed introvert
-slightly expressed intuitive
-distinctly expressed thinking
-very expressed judging

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Whoa.. that's really weird that you should start this thread. I was just discussing this in one of my classes this evening.

The test I took there said I am a ISTJ, but I'll take the tests you linked and see if its any different.

standing_alone

INFP

-very expressed introvert
-moderately expressed intuitive personality
-slightly expressed feeling personality
-moderately expressed perceiving personality

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Maize said:
Whoa.. that's really weird that you should start this thread. I was just discussing this in one of my classes this evening.

The test I took there said I am a ISTJ, but I'll take the tests you linked and see if its any different.

Yep, same thing...

Your Type is
ISTJ

You are:
  • slightly expressed sensing personality
  • distinctively expressed judging personality

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
For those that have studied the personality types and know how they interact, are people's answers pretty much what you'd thought they'd be? Are there any suprises so far?

Ðanisty

lilithu said:
lol, why would I be offended? I said if you already knew your type, just go ahead and report it. So you did exactly what I requested. Thanks. :) Your type is generally not supposed to change so it's not surprising that you get the same results each time.

Would you agree with your type?
*shrug* Sometimes people get irritated when they post a quiz and people don't actually take it. I definitely agree with my type. I've found that it's pretty useful to know my type too. For example, sometimes when I'm having a communication problem, I think about whether it's because I'm a thinking person instead of a feeling person. If I determine that's where the problem is, I try to adjust my approach to suit a more feeling type. It usually works.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Maize said:
Yep, same thing...

Your Type is
ISTJ

You are:
  • slightly expressed sensing personality
  • distinctively expressed judging personality
Woah, no way! :) Do you know how rare you are Maize, how special? :hug:

We did Myers Briggs at a work retreat a couple of weekends ago. 17 UUs together for three days! :help: Anyway, 17 UUs. 16 of us were Ns. Only one was S, and only slightly expressed, which I see you are too.

The reason why I gave you a hug is because we NEED UUs like you to keep the rest of us grounded in reality.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
FeathersinHair said:
Nope, INFP again. Some of the descriptions do seem to apply to me.

I enjoyed the summaries that the site links to, especially this one. The description of a person who names and creates personalities for their stuffed animals and have sympathy, no matter how illogical, for almost anyone seem to be both the things I enjoy most about and the things I wish I could change about myself.
Feathers, you are exactly what I would have guessed you'd be based on my interactions with you. If anyone is an F on RF, it is you. :)

Feeling Characteristics
  • Instinctively employ personal feelings and impact on people in decision situations
  • Naturally sensitive to people's needs and reactions.
  • Naturally seek consensus and popular opinions.
  • Unsettled by conflict; have almost a toxic reaction to disharmony.
http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html

dbakerman76

God's Nephew
This is what it says for me, it seems right at the moment.
INTJ

• moderately expressed introvert
  • slightly expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed thinking personality
  • slightly expressed judging personality