• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My GODLESS life is very HAPPY, WEALTHY and SUCCESSFUL. WHY????

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
SoulTYPE01 said:
But if he does not believe in the afterlife, will he still "experience it"?
Of course he will experience it no matter what... there is no escape from the afterlife whether he believes in it or not.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
SoulTYPE01 said:
Anyways, if a man is happy in his Earth-life without God or believing in God, then he shall not need to worry about what happens whence he dies, for he will not be in the heavens with God, but purely non-existant.

I cannot imagine a corpse getting up from his grave to feel deprived.

SoulTYPE01, God didn't create us and the universe with no purpose. There is a purpose for us in this life. We are in a big test on this earth and the winner is the one who follows God's straight path.
In the afterlife and after the judgement there is one thing of two choices: either Eternal bliss in Paradise, or eteranl torture in Hell. God is Just and will judge us according to our deeds on this earth.
May Allah guide us all to His straight path and eternal bliss, ameen!!

Peace

Doc

Space Chief
What goal can we hope to accomplish by pursuing an empty possession. Meaningless. Where is our wealth when we die? Who remembers us? Who is going to look back someday and say what a great person we were?
Greatness of a man is not measured by the thickness of his wallet but instead by the deeds of his spirit. I too was an atheist once, but I changed. I once believed I could only accomplish success by my possessions. But what good is there in that. I found much more satisfaction in using my talents and gifts to benefit others. That is why I believe that people are blessed with extraordinary wealth. God/Allah gives them wealth and success to hopefully benefit others with it. To use your gifts and talents for the benefit of all mankind. I ask you. Is it really the money and the wealth that makes you happy? Are you truly happy? If you did not have the worldly possessions, would you still be happy? Do you give back to others and the community? Help the poor?
I find no comfort in material things and wealth. They are meer toys. I have a paper route and make okay money. I usually charge people less than they owe because I am not desperate for money. I refuse new clothes as much as I can because I believe I already have too many. My middle name "Rich" is ironic considering I have no intentions of being so. Perhaps rich in spirit instead. In the end, your toys and possessions do not go with you. You can cling to the weak branch of money, but it will eventually break and fall with you. Climb to a higher goal. A spiritual one. One where the branch is very sturdy.

Doc

Space Chief
That is what Jesus says. "If you want to enter the kingdom of heaven, give what you have to the poor and follow me"

_salam_

SoulTYPE01 said:
So I must sacrifice all and prepare for the afterlife then, lol.?
Exactly, as I already showed in the Qur'an:
"The life of the world is nothing but a game and a diversion. The abode of the hereafter, that is truly Life, if they only knew it." 29:64

SoulTYPE

But does it sound odd to dump everything in something that I am not certain will happen.

Pfft, I have nothing to sacrifice.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
It will happen and for sure 100%. Those who don't believe in the hereafter will then come to know that it is true, but that would be too late! Hope they will be convinced of the truth before death in order to have chance to repent and prepare for the other life.

Peace

DrM

THE LUCK OF THE DRAQ, MY FRIEND, LUCK OF THE DRAW.

But, you're 27. You'll have a better understanding of life at 37, 47, 57, etc. IF you live that long, enjoy good health and continue in prosperity. God doesn't make you happy or wealthy. . . .he just makes you. The rest is up to you and the hand you were dealt!

croak

Trickster
If Allah wanted to take all your wealth away, He could. But He isn't. Doesn't mean that He is happy you're a disbeliever. After all, Muhammed (saas) was a prophet, but he wasn't near being rich.

anders

It is probably true that wealth doesn't guarantee happiness. I have, however, never been in a position to personally evaluate that statement. But I don't think that wealth is fundamentally detrimental to happiness, either.

One reason to be happy for a non-theist is that we don't have to worry about pleasing something which we don't directly see or hear, and not know if we follow its rules sufficently to avoid eternal punishment.

Hope

Princesinha
SoulTYPE01 said:
But does it sound odd to dump everything in something that I am not certain will happen.
Look at it from the flip side---you can't be certain the afterlife won't happen either! I guess, for me, I'd rather be safe than sorry. If I'm wrong about there being a God, and there's no eternity, then---oh well! Doesn't do me any damage to believe what I believe. However, if I decide not to believe, and I end up being wrong, then I'm screwed for all of eternity, and I'd really rather not take that risk. That's how I look at it. ;)

SoulTYPE

I like Hope. No, no, I mean LIKE, not anything more than that;)

So if I sacrifice what I have, and this afterlife does not happen..then what?

Hope

Princesinha
Well, it depends on what you mean by 'sacrifice', Soul. In my opinion, the greatest thing you could do with your life---that any of us could do with our lives---is 'sacrifice' them for others. Live for others instead of ourselves. Jesus taught this. So, if one does this, in the name of Christ, even if he turns out in the end to be wrong about his beliefs, he will have lived an excellent life that had a lasting impact on others. I see belief as a 'can't-lose' deal! :D

anders

Hope said:
So, if one does this, in the name of Christ, even if he turns out in the end to be wrong about his beliefs, he will have lived an excellent life that had a lasting impact on others. I see belief as a 'can't-lose' deal! :D
But what if there is a God and you chose the wrong one? What if that God is as revengeful, jealous and cruel as the Xian one? I find that a better solution to Pascal's wager is not to vote for any of the innumerable proposed Gods, but try to be as kind as possible to myself (in the first place) and to other beings, and to think that if there is a God (which I find very unbelievable), that that thing would look mercifully at my efforts.

SoulTYPE

anders said:
\, but try to be as kind as possible to myself (in the first place) and to other beings, and to think that if there is a God (which I find very unbelievable), that that thing would look mercifully at my efforts.
Well placed anders. Fruabl for you.

"Believe in yourself, then, if chosen, your god. A god can aid you through the walk of life, but it it is YOUR life that you are walking through."

Hope

Princesinha
anders said:
But what if there is a God and you chose the wrong one? What if that God is as revengeful, jealous and cruel as the Xian one? I find that a better solution to Pascal's wager is not to vote for any of the innumerable proposed Gods, but try to be as kind as possible to myself (in the first place) and to other beings, and to think that if there is a God (which I find very unbelievable), that that thing would look mercifully at my efforts.
You have a good point, anders. However, you are still staking everything on the chance that God will take kindly to your disbelief, when all is said and done. I'd rather not take that chance. And how can you 'choose' the wrong God when there is only one?